• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think my neighbor was just murdered...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So, I went to Umeda for lunch and drinks today with a few coworkers. Everything was totally normal, nothing special. It was a nice day, I strolled over. I ended up getting a few more drinks than expected, and got back to my neighborhood around 9.

On my way up the stairs, I noticed cop cars parked on the sidewalk. I thought that was odd, but it's usually just some dude drunk on the sidewalk that they're trying to haul to a taxi (this is suburban Japan, after all, not NYC). When I got to the top of the stairs, my next door neighbor's (a quiet timid japanese guy I only see a few times a month) apartment was flung open, and police officers with rubber gloves were swarming in and out. I had to get past them to get to my apartment, so I said excuse me, and they quickly parted to let me past.

I couldn't see inside the apt as I went by, but it definitely looked suspect. Something was up.

About 15 minutes ago (3 hours have passed), I was playing some PS3, and I saw flashes outside my window. At first, I thought it was lightning, but realized the flashes were REALLY bright. I realized that the flashes were coming from cameras from the apartment the cops had been swarming. I was surprised, so I peaked my head out quickly, and noticed that now twice as many officers were at the door of the apartment, including some plain clothes, who could or could not be detectives.

I never really knew the guy, but I sure hope nothing happened to him. I only ever said hello or good evening to him, but he seemed okay enough.

I can't see inside the apartment. There are just too many cops around. This is really freaking me out. I don't think I even want to find out what happened. I'll just watch the news tomorrow...

Anno

Three days ago someone jumped off the fourth floor in the building next to me. My girlfriend and I were playing WoW and heard some screams then a loud crash when he hit the trash cans below. About an hour later there were tons of cops here. It's freakin' creepy. I'll never, never forget the wailing that his wife was letting up as she tried to fight her way through the cops to see him. I didn't come close to sleeping that night.

thetrin said:
So, I went to Umeda for lunch and drinks today with a few coworkers. Everything was totally normal, nothing special. It was a nice day, I strolled over. I ended up getting a few more drinks than expected, and got back to my neighborhood around 9.

On my way up the stairs, I noticed cop cars parked on the sidewalk. I thought that was odd, but it's usually just some dude drunk on the sidewalk that they're trying to haul to a taxi (this is suburban Japan, after all, not NYC). When I got to the top of the stairs, my next door neighbor's (a quiet timid japanese guy I only see a few times a month) apartment was flung open, and police officers with rubber gloves were swarming in and out. I had to get past them to get to my apartment, so I said excuse me, and they quickly parted to let me past.

I couldn't see inside the apt as I went by, but it definitely looked suspect. Something was up.

About 15 minutes ago (3 hours have passed), I was playing some PS3, and I saw flashes outside my window. At first, I thought it was lightning, but realized the flashes were REALLY bright. I realized that the flashes were coming from cameras from the apartment the cops had been swarming. I was surprised, so I peaked my head out quickly, and noticed that now twice as many officers were at the door of the apartment, including some plain clothes, who could or could not be detectives.

I never really knew the guy, but I sure hope nothing happened to him. I only ever said hello or good evening to him, but he seemed okay enough.

I can't see inside the apartment. There are just too many cops around. This is really freaking me out. I don't think I even want to find out what happened. I'll just watch the news tomorrow...

If it was a murder, the police may canvas the building to find out if anyone heard or saw anything. So you'll probably find out what happened sooner or later.

ant1532

Banned
This is one of those awesome times where all the neighbors get together for a special occasion so go join in! Don't miss out on the "What's going on on outr block Neighbor occasion"!!!

rakka

Damn...

That's not good ... experiencing a death (especially murder) is never pleasant :(

Why dont you go ask them whats up? Might not be on the news

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
DoctorWho said:
If it was a murder, the police may canvas the building to find out if anyone heard or saw anything. So you'll probably find out what happened sooner or later.

That's my bet. They'll knock on my door sooner or later.

Right now, there's like, 15 ****ing dudes just standing in the doorway. I wouldn't be able to get past them, even if I wanted to.

thetrin

dskillzhtown said:
Yeah, you might want to know what is going on in your own building instead of posting on GAF.

It's not really a "either I post on GAF, or I ask them what's up" situation. I'm waiting for things to die down a bit before I ask.

I'm just posting on gaf because I guess I need to tell SOMEONE.

rakka said:
True... the murderer might still be around, in your apartment even.

Blah, I just got a shiver down my face. :|

Yixian

Banned
Anno said:
Three days ago someone jumped off the fourth floor in the building next to me. My girlfriend and I were playing WoW and heard some screams then a loud crash when he hit the trash cans below. About an hour later there were tons of cops here. It's freakin' creepy. I'll never, never forget the wailing that his wife was letting up as she tried to fight her way through the cops to see him. I didn't come close to sleeping that night.

Sad story :(

Frenck

Banned
If he was murdered the first suspect is going to be the guy who quietly went up the stairs and never even asked the police officers what happened.

Fireblend

Banned
Frenck said:
If he was murdered the first suspect is going to be the guy who quietly went up the stairs and never even asked the police officers what happened.
Indeed. They must have bugged your apartment when you were gone and are now looking at you being nervous, talking at some message board about what you just did...

thetrin

Frenck said:

That would make the entire country of japan a suspect.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Damn, that's messed up. Theres always crazy amounts of police cars speeding around with sirens here, but with Japan's crime rates I always kinda suspected they were busy putting band-aids on kids knees, rescuing cats from trees and bring drunks home.. Not always the case I guess :/.

Armitage

A guy lived next door (well, our backyards touched) to me when he murdered someone a few years ago. Also I know someone that was murdered, I have the touch of death.

Flek

Banned
Right ... maybe he killed some peoble and whas arested .... i dont think that there will be 10+ cops just because someone did suicide or got killed - right ?

thetrin

Flek said:
Right ... maybe he killed some peoble and whas arested .... i dont think that there will be 10+ cops just because someone did suicide or got killed - right ?

Why would they be taking photos of his apartment if he killed people? Unless he killed them here...

*shiver*

thetrin said:
Why would they be taking photos of his apartment if he killed people? Unless he killed them here...

*shiver*

They would be taking pictures and collecting evidence from his residence for use in litigation.

Flek

Banned
thetrin said:

*shiver*

You know guineapig ? (.......j/k)

hmm maybe there where weapons laying around - or he killed someone and then himself.

iam curious to know what happend there o_0

thetrin

DoctorWho said:
They would be taking pictures and collecting evidence from his residence for use in litigation.

That makes sense....

Raiden

Banned
Whoa interesting thread, be sure to keep us updated Thetrin! I really want to know what happened, im thinking of some murders he commited.

Offer the plice some food. They've been there for 3 hours... I'd probably be hungry. Anyway would be pretty wierd to know a nieghbour had died despite the method. Do post more info.

He was most likely an obsessive panty thief. I bet he had thousands of panties in his apartment, organized by age and level of hotness, or something like that.

Yeah, more likely it's drugs or something like that. Enforcement for a lot of things like that is actually pretty bad in Japan, so they like to make a big show of it whenever they do anything.

BolognaOni said:
He was most likely an obsessive panty thief. I bet he had thousands of panties in his apartment, organized by age and level of hotness, or something like that.

Yeah, more likely it's drugs or something like that. Enforcement for a lot of things like that is actually pretty bad in Japan, so they like to make a big show of it whenever they do anything.

Why not just buy them from the vending machines?

Doesnt Japan have a high suicide rate, due to them dissapointing other people in there lives and not thinking they can make up for it? Or some stuff.

thetrin

TurtleSnatcher said:
Doesnt Japan have a high suicide rate, due to them dissapointing other people in there lives and not thinking they can make up for it? Or some stuff.

Mostly it's because they're repressed and feel utterly trapped in their own lives.

thetrin

Stoney Mason said:
Don't keep us in suspense. What did you eat?

Went to Big man Burgers in Yodobashi Camera. I had a Shrimp Chili burger and a tiny egg burger.

Both were scrumptious.

Deer Man 420 said:
This thread is a piece of fried gold.

GO ask them. Unless you dont speak japanese... but you said you live there.... lol

At this point, I'm not entirely sure I want to know the answer!

Dont let them see your computer topic with this screen :lol

benoitps3hold.jpg

They are getting really suspicious of you now.....

thetrin

Okay, it looks like it was a drug bust. No sirens on the cop cars, no ambulance or anything. Just a bunch of cops swarming the place.

Cops are all gone now, it seems. They didn't ask for a statement from me.

Rei_Toei said:
Big Man? I only know Sasebo Burger there. Tell more..

Yeah, it's on the 7th floor of Yodobashi (Sweets Museum). Fantastic burgers. We'll go there some time. How's next weekend sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom