• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uhh Oh... PSU Subsciption E-mail - 360

Gowans

I wake up,

Check my email,

Hello, whats this?

A mail saying it hasn't been able to charge me for my PSU Subscription???

Now I have maxed out a card this month on a holiday & stuff and direct debit will pay it off but what!! (I don't check my bills as my direct debit takes care of all)

I canceled this thing on xbox.com after checking out the game on release for one month.

How long has this been going on???

Calls xbox support!

Tailzo

For some reason, you can't cancel the 360 subscription for PSU as easely as the ps2 and PC subscriptions. Just Call MS about it, and good luck.

Tisan said:
Seriously. Try checking your bills sometime.
Pretty much. All you need is a nice bit of identity theft and you're suddenly trying to tell a bank / credit card company why you didn't report the $5k that went missing from your account 3 months ago!

Gowans

yeah this card gets used rarely & full fraud protection anyway so no big deal with the bills.

god stuck on xbox support, far to early also folling up my complaint of a couple of months ago about having to wait 3months for my 360 to be collected and repaired which she wants to do first.

Far Far too early!

Gowans

did i mention I work as a systems design/developer for a world bank :lol

God so far I have been given a reference number to write the follow up complaint in a email for the first thing.

now she is saying the guardian licence has a monthly auto renewal and no's nothing about canceling the subscription like I did online which support told me! :lol

DCharlie

Banned
i had a painful time with PSO...

Begin /* stupid annoyance story

i signed up and when i cancelled you had to do it over the phone....

for me that meant doing it in Japanese.

for #f = 1 to 6
I had to spell out my account over and over again - and it took close to 40 minutes for this guy to find my account. He then cancelled PSO...

... except he didn't...

and i got changed....

so i called...
end-for

and eventually it was all cancelled.

end.

Gowans

6 payments have left, still arguing that I have never been able to do it online!!!!

I was told to do that & their even was an option on xbox.com in the day under bills.

Now another reference to e-mail and write out the complaint to get a refund! Ug would be quicker logging it as fraud/un approved paidment through my bank.

what a arse on, while im enjoying the pain I might ask about getting my old XBLA titles registered to my new console :lol (have to include that in another email)

/slaps forehead!

Back in the pso on xbox 1 days I had to totaly nuke my xbl account and buy a new one because of the retarded method to cancel online game bills with microsoft.

GG.

Mojovonio

Banned
:lol

Welcome to the wonderful hell induced by putting credit card info into Xbox Live.

Here's something you guys may not know.

If you buy your Xbox Live subscription through Live, it will automatically renew (they don't tell you this) and its non refundable.

So I had canceled the CC in my profile (which you cannot delete from your profile) and they kept trying to charge me, then I got a letter from the bank and a letter from MS threatening to send a collection agency after me.

Oh, fun times!

Hammer24

Banned
Mojovonio said:
If you buy your Xbox Live subscription through Live, it will automatically renew (they don't tell you this) and its non refundable...

Well, Gold is for life, dude... :D :lol :D

SailorDaravon said:
You just go to http://www.playsega.com/ and log in to cancel your PSU subscription. Me and all my friends did it that way months and months ago, no problems.

Thanks for that, I'll try tonight just to make sure I am cancelled. Like someone else said - there's (seemingly) no easy way of cancelling and I actually ended up shifting my PSU license to a dead CC, which I can't delete the information for from my Xbox 360 for whatever reason. Was told a few days ago that my PSU subscription has been suspended for non-payment, via an Xbox Live message of all things.

Probably the last time I sign up to an MMO, console or otherwise.

PrivateRyan said:
Thanks for that, I'll try tonight just to make sure I am cancelled. Like someone else said - there's (seemingly) no easy way of cancelling and I actually ended up shifting my PSU license to a dead CC, which I can't delete the information for from my Xbox 360 for whatever reason. Was told a few days ago that my PSU subscription has been suspended for non-payment, via an Xbox Live message of all things.

Probably the last time I sign up to an MMO, console or otherwise.
I believe that link is for pc and ps2 only, not the 360 accounts. I use to log into it for my pc account and never once saw a 360 option.

Gowans

Booo too MS

So this is the e-mail I ended up having to send

I am writing this following a call to support regarding three separate issues.

Ref no - 3 Month Delay in Xbox 360 Repair

My 360 broke with the 3 red lights issue early this year, on happening I called support to receive a repair. I have a number of problems from dispatched labels to card board boxes being delivered, in all it tool over 3months to have this console picked up for repair.

I logged this as a complaint numerous times during the problems however I have not received any word back regarding my complaints.

Ref no - Unauthorised PSU Guardian License Subscriptions

Today I received an email regarding a problem with the payment of this months Guardian License however this subscription had been canceled via the xbox.com Account Management section after one month of playing this title.
I was instructed to do this via Xbox support as the online option was then available and was fully aware that I did not want any payments to leave from my account. Now it looks like 6 payments have left without my authorisation that I would like fully refunded.

Ref no - XBLA titles not working offline

When I received my console back from repair my XBLA titles would not be able to play offline on the console. Shortly I maybe moving to a location I may not have Internet access for a short time and would like the ability to run my purchased arcade games.

And this is the response:

Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. I have tried to contact you by the phone, but there was no answer. As you have had some issues with receiving the return labels for the console, we would like to offer an item as a gesture of good will. You can select one item from the list below. If you have made your selection, please contact Xbox Customer Support on one of the following numbers.

As I understood by your letter, you have had some issues with Xbox Live. As it states in the Terms of Conditions of Xbox Live, none of the products is refundable with an exception of Annual Subscription, which is refundable within 60 days period after the purchase.

You are having some issues with Premium Content? Below are some steps, you could try to redownload your content. If you have any other questions, please contact us on one of the following numbers.

Offered items:

Perfect Dark Zero

Project Gotham Racing 3

Kameo

Gears of War

Viva Piñata

Crackdown

Wired or Wireless Headset

64MB memory Unit

Wireless Controller

Live Vision Camera

Instructions for re- downloading:

• Reattach the hard drive that the content had been downloaded to originally, if this is necessary.

• Recover the account (gamer tag) that the customer used to purchase the content on the returned console, if this is necessary

1. After you select a profile, go to the Marketplace area.

2. Select Account Management.

3. On the Account Management menu, select Download History.

4. Select a piece of content that you cannot play while you are not connected to Xbox LIVE.

5. Select Download Again, and then press the A button.

Best Regards,

Xbox Customer Care Team

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
My brother got a free wireless controller from them a while ago because they had his box for a week. :lol

It's pretty easy to get free stuff out of them.

Gowans

Ug gona have to call them back again.

The thing is Im not really after free stuff just a refund, live time and my XBLA titles reregistered.

Im sure this way wont work on a new/different console but I'll try just to say I have anyway, 45 titles UG!!!!!

Unless anyone can say for sure here and I'll just deal with it over the phone again.

If they say I need to put it in writing again .............

Tailzo

MS gave me MS points code to rebuy the games that I could no longer play online. Told me to make a new gamertag, and re-download the games.

So I suddenly had a lot of free points. Nice solution.

Gowans

Tailzo said:
MS gave me MS points code to rebuy the games that I could no longer play online. Told me to make a new gamertag, and re-download the games.

So I suddenly had a lot of free points. Nice solution.

yeah I was told that was the only solution that would work here and over the phone, ill call them in 10mins and see how far I get.

Gowans

oh dear so I have been on the phone again explaining all the issues

the whole 3month to fix and XBLA problems have been passed off again to another 2nd tier dept who I'm gonna get a call from (probably another email as I'm in meetings at work all day tomorrow).

As for the PSU sub MAN!

Bless the operator she was trying to help but we went round in soo many circles,

he nearly canceled my live account then said the PSO charge was gonna be on my other cards I had registered on live (WHAT!!!!!)

then finally worked out that the £6.99 charge from today was for PSO and said that would be refunded I then said they had been leaving for around 6months now and all of those needed to be refunded which she said they would be.

We shall see, I have a funny feeling I'll only get one refund of one PSO charge :lol

Gowans

OK called back today after not getting any reply.

+ 3months 360 wait in repair + XBLA titles not working offline.

what do I get?

On hold for 45 mins, then called back 3 hours later with a sorry and as form of compensation a wopping 3month Live subscription code.

And told to just recover my gamertag and redownload my XBLA titles, if this doesnt work offline with guest accounts im gonna RRARARRGG!!!

MMaRsu

Banned
Damn poor gowans, how come you always get screwed on these kinds of things? I remember the phone bill incident :\.

Gowans

MMaRsu said:
Damn poor gowans, how come you always get screwed on these kinds of things? I remember the phone bill incident :\.

:lol :lol :lol

yeah you gota love it at least in the phone bill all the data plan costs were dropped by tmobile £760 bill turned into £30 bill, much better.

Bloody MS tho I was expecting better.

As for the redownload of all my XBLA games after recovering my GT can anyone confirm? I have 46 I cant be arsed if it wont work offline on guest profiles.

I'm still on my boat where if my 360 snuffs it and I cannot fix it without sending it off for a payment repair it's all being sold and i'll just buy a ps3 early :/

stewy

Not to repeat people, but yeah...keep a close eye on your bills for any sort of online gaming stuff. I canceled a Dark Age of Camelot a long time ago and never really checked my bills for any charges from them after that. About a year later I just randomly looked over my bill and realized I'd been getting charged for the game the whole time.

Good times...

I actually canceled the account again through the web and again by phone...nothing seemed to work. I finally just stopped payment through the credit card company to get rid of the revolving charge.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Gowans007 said:
:lol :lol :lol

yeah you gota love it at least in the phone bill all the data plan costs were dropped by tmobile £760 bill turned into £30 bill, much better.

Bloody MS tho I was expecting better.

As for the redownload of all my XBLA games after recovering my GT can anyone confirm? I have 46 I cant be arsed if it wont work offline on guest profiles.

I got all my XBLA stuff to work on a new console with that method except for frogger because it wasn't in my download history for some reason. Hope everthing works out for you.

I had the same kind of problem with pso as you did, took forever to figure out how to cancel that bitch. I ended up just putting it on a already expired cc.

Gowans

Crag Dweller said:
I got all my XBLA stuff to work on a new console with that method except for frogger because it wasn't in my download history for some reason. Hope everthing works out for you.

I had the same kind of problem with pso as you did, took forever to figure out how to cancel that bitch. I ended up just putting it on a already expired cc.

thanks Crag I'll do that when I can be arsed.

Yeah PSO was king bitch

Top Bottom