• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Games

Borys

Banned
Both excellent adventure/ RPG games:

Dreamweb

D0.jpg

BloodNet

BloodNet.jpg

EktorPR

Archer said:

What first crossed my mind when I read the thread title. I know it's not a good representation, but it certainly gives you the feeling (especially in Midgar).

Wikipedia said:
Cyberpunk is a science fiction genre noted for its focus on "high tech and low life".

noizbot

HACKER
(wikipedia)

Yeah, certainly not cyberpunk in terms of aesthetics, but there's too few cyberpunk games to begin with.

While we're on the subject, I saw William Gibson speak last week and he mentioned that there might be information concerning a Neuromancer movie by February 2008. He mentioned this after discussing how book movies tend to suck, but I'm still hopeful.

Gallagher

Banned
ZombieSupaStar said:
Im trying to get a list of cyberpunk games (setting) here is what I have so far

Anarchy Online
Beneath a Steel Sky
Blade Runner
BloodNet
Deus Ex
Deus Ex: IW
Dreamweb
Dystopia
Neocron
Neuromancer
Omikron
Rise of the Dragon
Shadowrun (SNES,GEN)
Snatcher
Uplink

anything else anyone can think of (I guess im just looking for games to play and im sick of slaying the dragon...)

edit: updated list

DAMN i played this game long time ago and i really felt in love with it. Never found it again

k added more

anyone in here play Neocron (mmofps), I did back at release and it was buggy and broken but damn if I didnt wish it woulda caught on (or had proper dev time / funding) its pretty much what I wanted in a cyberpunk mmofps (assuming it wasnt broken, glitchy to all hell) hacking, implants, mega corps, pvp GRIEFING!!! . Its still going tho, crazy german devs...

trailer looks cool at least

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-KKhtFv4HA

PolyGone

Banned
Archer said:
Yep. Midgar certainly gives the feeling of cyberpunk.

FF7 is widely categorized as steampunk, not cyberpunk

I don't recall much interaction with the cyberverse in FF7, do you?

Leonsito

Restricted Area

RestrictedArea01.jpg

A Diablo II clone with a Fallout-Shadowrun environment, it's a German game, not an awesome masterpiece, but fun.

EDarkness

The little project I'm working on is going to be a "cyberpunk" action game. I always loved the genre, and it's a shame there aren't that many games. :(

EDarkness

ZombieSupaStar said:
k added more

anyone in here play Neocron (mmofps), I did back at release and it was buggy and broken but damn if I didnt wish it woulda caught on (or had proper dev time / funding) its pretty much what I wanted in a cyberpunk mmofps (assuming it wasnt broken, glitchy to all hell) hacking, implants, mega corps, pvp GRIEFING!!! . Its still going tho, crazy german devs...

trailer looks cool at least

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-KKhtFv4HA

I played the trial for Neocron 2 and just couldn't get into it. They really don't help newbies get started and I kept dying trying to finish a quest. I didn't think it was worth continuing at that point, so I canceled my account and deleted it from my harddrive. It's a shame, too because I the concept is pretty awesome.

Oh, did you mention Anarchy Online? It's a cyberpunk MMO also and it's still going.

Borys

Banned
Prime crotch said:
Anachronox
How could I forget about it I'm even playing it right now.

Ain't cyberpunk IMO and I beat it this January.

Every cyberpunk game is a sci-fi game but not every sci-fi game is a cyberpunk game.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
The world needs more cyberpunk games.
If we made a similiar list for fantasy games, then it would be the biggest list in the world..

more cyberpunk-games to the people..

FF7 had tons of high technology, what's with you guys calling it steampunk?

It had space exploration, genetic modification, virtual reality, androids....

typhonsentra said:

where is the cyber? The internet is usually a key component here

Fallout aint Cyberpunk
typhonsentra said:

Techonology doesn't mean Cyberpunk, in fact Steampunk also has a lot of techonology.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Cyperpunk is really different from Fallout (post-apocalyptic stuff) and FF (Magic crystal punk) in Japan a lot of Anime follows cyperpunk, like Cowboy Bepop, and Ghost in the Shell.. But FF isn't really on the same level..it is just FF something that has been shaped over years...broke out from the DD/DQ mold and did its own thing...

Steampunk.. Arcanum that is where it is at!

Core407

Banned
Too bad they canceled Strider/Duality for the Xbox. I think Duality was the cyberpunk game. God that looked beautiful.

Top Bottom