• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ahmadinejad-In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
It deserved it's own.

One of the funniest things I've heard in a while.

Dyno

Yeah that's where his whole facade crumbles down. If he's lying about that you have to figure what else he's lying about.

He should have been smart enough to avoid saying something so ridiculous but at the same time it gives you some real insight into how intolerant Iran must be if their leader and an intellectual thinks that answer is acceptable.

In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country. We don't have that like in your country. ... In Iran we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have this.

replace 'homosexuals' with any minor thing everyone does like 'jaywalking' and it's still funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAzMuHyg8Eg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QMcfSuJkMo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUZiMCsNNcQ

Of note: one of the more bizarre aspects of Iran's oppression of gays is that the government actually condones sex changes to "fix" gay men. Unsurprisingly, some men choose it just to be with male partners without fear of criminal penalties, which often doesn't turn out too well.

Atrian says that there are many people who accept sex-change surgery to escape persecution as homosexuals.

"A significant number of people who get a sex change in Iran are gay, as you cannot state in Iran that you are a man and want to be with another man, even if your appearance is feminine," Atrian declared.

"There are only a small percentage of people who get a sex-change operation who are actually transgendered. Out of some 100 transsexuals whom I've encountered," she reported, "only 20 of them were genuinely transgendered, and the rest are gay."

Atrian explained, "If you are known to be gay, you will be hanged. Therefore, many gays try to plead for societal acceptance by announcing themselves as transgendered. A lot of gays have been brainwashed into believing they are ill. Some believe that if they present themselves as women, they might find a boyfriend more easily."

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yeah... European nations "didn't have homosexuals" either when we would have persecuted the very thought as satanic, during the dark ages etc....

EDIT:Has anyone yet mentionedthe Iranian document which protests the human rights abuses in Canada :lol Opression of women and shit :lol Basically it's a smear report designed to counter Canada's (legitimate) human rights complaints against Iran.

In a stunning twist, Ahmadinejad also announced that Iranians do not, in fact, have to poop anymore.

"We saw it as wasteful and unnecessary", Ahmadinejad announced to amazed onlookers today, "and I decided that it would be in our best interest, as a nation, to simply stop pooping."

Cooter

WickedAngel said:
In a stunning twist, Ahmadinejad also announced that Iranians do not, in fact, have to poop anymore.

"We saw it as wasteful and unnecessary", Ahmadinejad announced to amazed onlookers today, "and I decided that it would be in our best interest, as a nation, to simply stop pooping."

:lol

Classic. Nice one Wicked.

Still laughing.

Elixtar

I laughed when he said that, but the rest of his speech/QA rocked.

I'd love to see some of our politicians on that stand answering similar questions.

Cooter

Elixtar said:
I laughed when he said that, but the rest of his speech/QA rocked.

Did this rock too?

—On 9/11:

Why did this happen? What caused it? What conditions led to it? .. Who truly was involved? Who was really involved and put it all together?

Cooter said:
Did this rock too?

I wouldn't say rock... but yes, I'd say his perspective is worth listening to. The perspective of a Middle-East leader, a nation dominated by Islam, on why he thinks America was attacked. It's worth remembering here, he, and no other Iranian state representative, has ever voiced sympathies for Al Queda.

It's impossible to answer, and there's never any excuse for the kind of terrorism that took place on 9/11, but that doesn't mean the question shouldn't be asked time-and-again as to how we got here:

Bin Laden and men like him do talk in extremes (death to Israel, death to America), but their rallying cry would not usher a single follower were it not for US support of certain Arab-world autocratic leaders, and chiefly -- support of Israel on the continued occupation of Palestine, in military matters, and in the United Nations.

From the average recruit's perspective -- the West turns a blind eye to the plight of the Palestinian people (as it has since World War II), but it's more than happy to entangle itself strategically, financially and militarily with Israel's oil-rich neighbours.

So that's one thing people should consider as to how it happened, what conditions allowed it to happen. As to the who -- again that's an equally valid thing for him to remind people of. Cos it sure as hell, wasn't him.

Kapsama

radioheadrule83 said:
I wouldn't say rock... but yes, I'd say his perspective is worth listening to. The perspective of a leader of the Arab world on why he thinks America was attacked. .
:lol :lol

Ah yes, my bad. I'm crossing my wires horribly there... Iran is persian, but it is geographically relevant to what we're talking about here and predominantly Muslim.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I know we all want to make ourselves appear to be balanced in our opinions, but seriously this guy isn't very smart and is actually quite naive.

You guys give too much credibility to a person just because he's a state leader. Most of the leaders of non-former-colonial powers are just apes in suits good for reciting text-book answers from their respective local intellectual elite. They follow Western ideals with decades of delay, trying to give their own input along the way while forgetting that they are still bound to either religion, superstition, or books written by "great leaders". The only ones other than former colonial powers that don't fall in this category are usually nations that have gone through serious revolutions.

Kapsama

radioheadrule83 said:
Ah yes, my bad. I'm crossing my wires horribly there... Iran is persian, but it is geographically relevant to what we're talking about here and predominantly Muslim.
Still not right. But hell if I care.:D

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
2632007032619590015doises0.jpg

~Devil Trigger~ said:
I Laughed My ASS OFF when I heard That

this guy is Awsome

Huh?

I don't think many people "got" what he was saying. Gays are jailed and murdered in Iran. Sort of like if Hitler said there were no jews in Germany. Not that I'm comparing the two...

goomba

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
I know we all want to make ourselves appear to be balanced in our opinions, but seriously this guy isn't very smart and is actually quite naive.

You guys give too much credibility to a person just because he's a state leader. Most of the leaders of non-former-colonial powers are just apes in suits good for reciting text-book answers from their respective local intellectual elite. They follow Western ideals with decades of delay, trying to give their own input along the way while forgetting that they are still bound to either religion, superstition, or books written by "great leaders". The only ones other than former colonial powers that don't fall in this category are usually nations that have gone through serious revolutions.

He's surely more articulate and open at answering questions than Bush ever has been.

FightyF

Banned
radioheadrule83 said:

Well exactly. I suppose to many in the Bush Administration, Pakistan is included in the "Arab World".

ES said:
Most of the leaders of non-former-colonial powers are just apes in suits good for reciting text-book answers from their respective local intellectual elite. They follow Western ideals with decades of delay, trying to give their own input along the way while forgetting that they are still bound to either religion, superstition, or books written by "great leaders". The only ones other than former colonial powers that don't fall in this category are usually nations that have gone through serious revolutions.

:p

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So, after it was all said and done, did it really matter?

Its kinda like if Pat Robertson was president...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
goomba said:
He's surely more articulate and open at answering questions than Bush ever has been.

FightyF said:
Well exactly. I suppose to many in the Bush Administration, Pakistan is included in the "Arab World".

:p

I guess I should have said cultural revolutions, but even that wasn't exact. Basically, he remains a very religious person, and as such remains quite naive. He talked about friendship, knowledge, etc., and how they don't have gays in Iran (I guess he was referring to people who are openly gay), but the wheel doesn't turn thanks to righteousness. It turns thanks to profit, and self-interests. Does he really think that talks will change anything? Everything is already set in stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom