• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle of the worst RPG! Only one can be chosen from primodial bile of garbage. ZOMG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonBlade

Banned
This thread of courage and daring. The sheer horror of it all. Only a brave man sift through this garbage, and condemn the champion. On GAF, we chose the worst console RPG in the last 20 years.

The contestants.

ff8-logo.jpg

scan_final_fantasy_ix_front_ntsc.jpg

ff10-logo.jpg

main.jpg

ff10-2.gif

box-l.jpg

250px-Tales_of_Symphonia_case_cover.jpg

ME0000184101_2.jpg

star_ocean_iii_till_the_end_of_time_frontcover_small_GbteFEF0rHTtVej.jpg

All of these games are horrible, depressing broken fecal matter. Compressed onto a disk, that will seer your brain like seeing your mum change a tampon. Chose GAF. DEBATE, the worst RPG.

Begin.

arne

you're going to get tarred and feathered by the pitchfork and torches crew for some of these you so brazenly threw into the garbage pile.

hide your daughters. hide yourself. they're coming for you.

Red Scarlet

Oh wow, this thread will go places.

Out of what you chose, that I've played, I'd say FF8 or Skies; I've played them the least.

This thread will not make you many friends. I don't find any of the games in your list that I've played to be actual trash.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
this has to be a joke

::sighs::

even if you considered these all to be horrible rpgs, there are even WORSE rpgs in comparison.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Many of those are good and why isn't Emphemeral Fantasia on the list? That game is so bad it set the genre back 999 years.

firex

The #1 for all time is Septerra Core. I don't give a shit that it's on PC, because the game itself is a western-developed console RPG that sucks balls. It's meant to be a ff7 ripoff, but instead it's just a turd. And not even a polished turd like the game it rips off.

Red Scarlet

I am curious as to what is so bad about the listed games and what he considers cream of the crop, you know, to get a better feel of where the OP is coming from.

arne

Red Scarlet said:
I am curious as to what is so bad about the listed games and what he considers cream of the crop, you know, to get a better feel of where the OP is coming from.

i have no doubt this is a hit and run thread.

Red Scarlet

What's weird is that the OP says it is for the worst rpg in 20 years, but the oldest nominee is only 8 years old.

PRE PS1 IS PLATINUM

It was a pretty funny joke thread when I thought it was going to be all the FF games. But then SoA showed up and I realized you're just dumb.

P.S. FFX is the worst RPG ever.

Loudninja said:
WHAT THE HELL? Rogue Galaxy??/ I think I am going to be sick
:lol Rogue galaxy was horrible. It promised so much and was so great at the first town/planet and then it DIAF'd.

*warning warning*
Fight. Fight. I need to cool down my gun!. Fight. Fight.

And the characters...just no.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Looking at his post history, he appears to love the Xeno series.

But Persona 3 is extremely repetitive and boring.

Red Scarlet

JayDubya said:
zOMG TERABLE GAMEZ AMIRITE?

What's the 2nd one?

I'd say yes on the 3rd.

LET'S GET SOME USE OUT OF THIS TOPIC.

Looking at his post history, he appears to love the Xeno series.

Well nm, it is a joke topic then.

:lol
:lol :lol :lol

:lol .... :lol

NeonBlade

Banned
NeonBlade never posts and runs. All of these games offended me as a gamer, as a person, and on the very base level and animal. They are sins and crimes against humanity and the developers responsible should be culled from this earth.

How can one honestly say the plot in Final Fantasy 8 was anything but insulting filth. Oh we were all in an orphange, or the junction system! The entire premise of Final Fantasy X. C'mon people we have all played these games. Star Oceans 3 plot twist! God damnit, thinking about it makes me sick.

The juvenile cliched ignorance that was Skies!

Suidoken 3s battle system, and the endless dungeoun crawl drudgery that imploded upon itself that is Final Fantasy XII. ( I still say Matsuno had nothing to do with this atrocity )

Zeed

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
What's the 2nd one?

I'd say yes on the 3rd.

What was bad about Earthbound? It's been so long I don't even remember much of that game.

ethelred

Red Scarlet said:
What's weird is that the OP says it is for the worst rpg in 20 years, but the oldest nominee is only 8 years old.

PRE PS1 IS PLATINUM

Tecmo's Tecmo Secret of the Stars by Tecmo is the worst ever! That was on SNES.

JayDubya

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
What's the 2nd one?

I'd say yes on the 3rd.

To get use out of this topic, we'd have to use serious answers.

I think FF8 is the worst Final Fantasy, but that doesn't mean much. It's actually still pretty good. Just nothing compared to the others. His other answers all suck too.

So, serious answers...

I think Legend of Dragoon on PSX is one of the worst I've ever played.

Lagoon on SNES was also pretty crappy.

I'm sure someone has played stinkers worse than those. I'm generally pretty good at avoiding bad games, though.

OH, I'VE GOT ONE. SAGA FRONTIER. Barf! Worst RPG I ever rented. So glad I didn't impulse buy it because it was Squaresoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom