• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Culdcept On the Way... also, Yuzo Koshiro!

ethelred

Link: http://www.culdcept.com/news/announce/200710302.html

Omiya Soft has announced that it's working on Culdcept DS for a 2008 release. They don't really have a lot of details so far, except to say that they're doing this to commemorate the series 10th Anniversary and since it's the first portable Culdcept, they're really excited and they think you should be, too.

The game will be published by Sega. The really exciting thing, though (at least for me!), is this:
Music © 1997-2008 Yuzo Koshiro

Yay Yuzo!

TJ Spyke

Culdcept is the series thats like Magic: The Gathering meets Monopoly, right? It always sounded interesting to me.

Speevy

Banned
TJ Spyke said:
Culdcept is the series thats like Magic: The Gathering meets Monopoly, right? It always sounded interesting to me.

Yes, it's awesome. Buy 14 copies for the PS2. sonarrat will hook you up.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yesss!

Koshirooo!~ *swoon*

ethelred

thetrin said:
Yesss!

Koshirooo!~ *swoon*

A god amongst musicians. He's completely ruled 2007 with Portrait of Ruin, Etrian Odyssey, and Wangan Midnight 3. He's getting off to a great start in 2008 with Etrian Odyssey 2 and now Culdcept!

Have you heard the music he did for the original game? Some really awesome tunes in there.

Jirotrom

I still play culdcept religiously, One of my favorite game sof all time... I will be buying this along with Culdcept Saga for 360:D

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I had no idea the Culdcept series had been around that long. I honestly never heard of it until the PS2 game.

Culdcept DS. Yeah, go ahead and sign me up for that. Oh and...

Wi-Fi or DIE!

Jirotrom

Grizzlyjin said:
I had no idea the Culdcept series had been around that long. I honestly never heard of it until the PS2 game.

Culdcept DS. Yeah, go ahead and sign me up for that. Oh and...

Wi-Fi or DIE!
hunt down the ps2 copy NOW. Gamestop is selling them brand new for 3 f'n dollars.

jay

I don't believe Culdcept and Koshiro music can fit on one DS cart. Way too much awesomeness to be stable.

Jirotrom

djtiesto said:
SOOOOOLD! Whatever happened to the stateside release of 360 Culdcept though?
its coming early 2008 and I believe you can actually resreve it... I know its in the computers. They have also demoed it at game shows recently.

jay

This is almost entirely off topic, but does the original Ys soundtrack sound closer to the SMS or NES version? I just heard the NES soundtrack for the first time and it sounds like entire parts of songs are missing (compared to the SMS).

Also, Culdcept it awesome. I probably shouldn't have bought the Saturn version though since "figuring out" Japanese is much harder than I anticipated. Turns out it's an entirely different language!

Ponn

Banned
CULDCEPT DS! Holy crap in a hat!

Between Eye of Judgment, Culdcept Saga and now Culdcept DS i'm such a card game nerd now.

Victrix

*beard*
I was hoping for Saga this holiday, but I suppose with the gaming orgy currently occuring, this'll be a nice perk early next year

Acosta

ethelred said:
A god amongst musicians. He's completely ruled 2007 with Portrait of Ruin, Etrian Odyssey, and Wangan Midnight 3. He's getting off to a great start in 2008 with Etrian Odyssey 2 and now Culdcept!

Have you heard the music he did for the original game? Some really awesome tunes in there.

Wait, Wangan Midgnight 3 for PS3 has a Yoshiro OST? *runs to import it*

Edit: Seems I get it wrong, the PS3 one is Maximum Tune. For what console is 3?

Varshes

Acosta said:
Wait, Wangan Midgnight 3 for PS3 has a Yoshiro OST? *runs to import it*

Edit: Seems I get it wrong, the PS3 one is Maximum Tune. For what console is 3?

Maximum Tune 3 is for Arcade. There is no Maximum Tune on consoles, sadly.

shaowebb

My God...are these...they are.
They're tears.
Im crying right now in joy that their will be a portable Culdcept.

Chao

Omg I thought he was dead or something. Last thing I listened to from Yuzo (that I know of) was... Story of Thor 2, perhaps?

Top Bottom