• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Brawl delayed in Japan by a week U.S. till March 9th :((((((

I called an american delay a while ago and im getting more and more confident that I was right.

EDIT: And will you look at that? I was right! :p

American delay to March 9.

Nintendo said:
The launch date for Super Smash Bros. Brawl has shifted a few weeks to March 9. The development is taking slightly longer than expected. As we're sure you have seen on the Dojo site (www.SmashBros.com), the game contains an unprecedented number of characters, options and experiences. Be sure to keep an eye on the Dojo site for the latest information.

Insaniac

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As much as I am in pain right now, I will deal with it... I want this game... perfect.

Hero

Why does Japan get a delay of a mere week and America gets a whole month?

Oh well, glad I have a JPN-capable Wii.

Jonnyram

Delayed so they can press more copies?
I read some retailer reports that they were getting nowhere near enough copies to meet demand, and some had already allowed more pre-orders than they were due to get at launch.

Insaniac said:
BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As much as I am in pain right now, I will deal with it... I want this game... perfect.

They are delaying it to print more copies, so they can meet the demand for it most likely. So your wait will be for nothing.

Edit:
Not surprising. After the many fiascoes with delays after delays for the Zelda games, I've come to expect at least two delays for every high profile Nintendo console release. Basically take the initial release date given and always add four months to that, and that's about when you should really expect a major Nintendo title to ship.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
That sucks but we really did expect it. kinda blows that they waited until it was less than 30 days away to announce it. I'll bet Capcom is gonna be PISSED that they moved up Okami to March and Nintendo does this to them. March looks fuggin ridiculous as is.

*insert link to the Wii release-date thread*

I hate you Nintendo.

Cloud, he who shall not be named, and Zelda's vagina had better be playable in the game or I will make sure to stop supporting you in all this nonsense.

DONT YOU SEE WHY THEY DELAYED IT? SO THEY HAVE MORE TIME TO POST MOAR 3RD PARTY CHARACTERS I KNEW IT NOBODY BELIEVED THE MEGATRONS BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHSAHAAA

gimz

they probably want to delay it for a week so we can have more "Japan time" update before they release the game :lol

no, but i think the reason for delaying is Nintendo wants to make sure they have enough copies to sell for the next... i donno, 3 days after the launch?

edited:
JCX9 said:
Game of the taking forever confirmed
i loled

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Damn, I was getting pumped, too.

I guess that explains the "mou sugu" part of the ads they were running on TV.

dark_chris

Gold Member
A DELAY TILL MARCH?!

1159030999277.jpg

Bo130

This could explain the lack of adverticement in Japan, though. I bet they didn't want to put up ads with the wrong release date. Hopefully it'll be better now.

No word about EU-release yet :(

Link Man

Banned
These meltdowns are priceless.

I mean, yeah, I'm disappointed, but nowhere near the comedic level that some of you are reaching.

Jube3

Motherfucker...

I KNEW it was too fucking good to be true, No more heroes and then smash a week later. Fuck :(

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I want compensation for the delay like a free one year subscription to big breasted japanese women magazine or some gay manga.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
PantherLotus said:
That sucks but we really did expect it. kinda blows that they waited until it was less than 30 days away to announce it. I'll bet Capcom is gonna be PISSED that they moved up Okami to March and Nintendo does this to them. March looks fuggin ridiculous as is.

*insert link to the Wii release-date thread*

said:

FEBRUARY
CLICK ON THE BANNER FOR THE YOUTUBE TRAILER

MARCH

BULLY-banner.jpg
ninjareflex-banner.jpg
segatennis-banner.jpg
worms-wii-banner.jpg
mlb2k8-banner.jpg
targetshit.png
okami-wii-banner.jpg

The Good news
Dragon Quest Swords now gets the entire month to itself!

The bad news
Okami gets fuckin screwed. AGAIN. Maybe they'll bump it back to April/May like they had it.
Actually, all those 3rd party games that were coming out in March will have to be moved.

If I was a pub right now I would be FUCKIN PISSED>

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Hey America,

Welcome to delay town! Come meet your friends Europe and Australia!

I'm going to keep my anger in this thread so as not to feel the wrath of Sp0rsk. Something tells me he is about to give the beatdown in the other thread.

Nintendo. Tell. Us. Why.

Top Bottom