• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rolling Bloobs (WiiWare) : First screen

Some people thought that the Bloober Team (also in charge of Last Flight) was just vaporware developers like the ones from Sadness. They prove us that they actually really exist.

Rolling Bloobs will be a puzzle game planned for a Q3 2008 release and will try to deliver a new kind of gameplay. The website will open at the end of the week and we will learn more at this time.

They've just sent us this screen :

0000137103.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Scribble said:
Thought the title read 'Rolling Boobs' =X
As did I. This is a huge disappointment.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Nice, I didn't know Wii was capable of 1200x800 output!

Scribble said:
It would have been a must-buy title.

Dever

Banned
Uh, new kind of gameplay? It just looks line another one of those games where you tilt the world with your wiimote to make the character move around. Monkey Ball/Kororinpa in 2D.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
That is not a Wii screen.

(And dammit, now I have visions of boobs rolling around grassy plains)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Exempted said:
It's a step up from Critter Round Up. The screens from Nintendo's site are 1024x768!
I think this game could even reach some non-standard 1080p if it came with a vial of nectar.

EDIT: You also need a perfect eyesight and/or at least a 32" screen to spot the sprites.

Capndrake

Gamer @ Heart said:
Those blobs are puffs of smoke.

Oh, and someone take out the extra o in the title so other people dont get the wrong idea.
It actually is called Rolling Bloobs, not Blobs.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Misread title, the reread and I expected a copy of Loco roco, those are rolling bloobs to me.

I cant tell whats going on in this.

Woo-Fu

Banned
looks like a top-down birds-eye view of a game where you move the protagonist by tilting the terrain itself, like one of those marble games.

Assuming that is max zoom-out the game could look quite a bit better at a closer zoom.

Struct09

Before coming in, I thought the thread title was a joke. The creators of this game have won, they got my attention.

What wonderful UI.

"Hey Jim... I feel the gameplay area is a bit too large.... players don't enjoy to have a large playing area, instead, let's fill 40% of the screen with novelty UI elements....perhaps a giant record player?"

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Scribble said:
this... now i'm a sad panda

but on topic: looks interesting, though need to see more and learn more about the gameplay

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't know what's going on here, but:

Scribble said:
Me too. Thanks for making this the first reply, I'm sure many will feel the same. :lol

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Bidermaier said:
I wonder whats the gameplay like.
I think you use the pointer to choose between dozens of tools, to be able to use them and combine them in a large playfield, with different sandbox-style Paths, eventually unleashing devastating special attacks called Filters. The game has a huge number of levels (called Layers) and I hear there's plenty of Actions to perform too.
I'm not sure, though.

jesusraz

Well, this is the team that has taken Double Bloob (DS) off Nibris' hands...I wonder if we'll finally see the planned Bloobs Kart as well in the near future? :/

jesusraz said:
Well, this is the team that has taken Double Bloob (DS) off Nibris' hands...I wonder if we'll finally see the planned Bloobs Kart as well in the near future? :/
Kart spinoff already? Oh blimey... can we have one game released first? :p

jesusraz

JonathanEx said:
Kart spinoff already? Oh blimey... can we have one game released first? :p

Yeah, that was mentioned even before that concept game 'Children of the Night'...along with the possibility of Bloobs on WiiWare (which I presume was this). Amazing how this 'screen' of the WiiWare game looks the same quality as the initial promo 'screens' of Double Bloob on DS. In other words, NOT an actual screenshot.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Nibris Related Games:
-Sadness
-Double Bloob
-Bloob Kart
-Rolling Bloobs
-Last Flight
-Raid Over the River DS
-Raid Over the River Wii
-That one DS game with stolen Silent hill fanart.

I'm sure I'm missing something.

Top Bottom