• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man deliberately gave child and wife AIDS (Germany, Florida, or Australia!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaborn

A MAN yesterday admitted he had deliberately and maliciously infected his wife of more than 10 years with the deadly HIV virus.

Ryan James Montgomery, 37, in Parramatta local court pleaded guilty to maliciously causing a grievous bodily disease.

The charge carries a maximum sentence of 25 years jail.

Montgomery will be sentenced in Penrith district court on August 1.

Montgomery, who is on a disability pension, infected his long-time partner and mother of his three children with HIV some time between January 1, 1994 and December 31, 2003.

His partner only found out she had contracted the disease when the couple's youngest child was diagnosed with HIV in mid-1998. The child died in September 2001 from an AIDS illness.

Montgomery and his former partner started dating in 1994 when he was 24 and she was 16. The first time they slept together, the victim claims she asked him to wear a condom, but Montgomery refused, saying "Do I look like I've got AIDS?".

Montgomery had been aware he carried the disease since he was 18.

Montgomery was arrested on December 6 and was originally denied bail because he was considered a danger to the community because of the attitude he displayed about infecting his former partner with the disease.

Montgomery was supported in court yesterday by his mother and current partner.

Story here

RyanDG

The first time they slept together, the victim claims she asked him to wear a condom, but Montgomery refused, saying "Do I look like I've got AIDS?".

Not to sound jaded, but is she really a victim here?

[Edit - wait... just noticed she was 16 and he was 24. That explains it.]

Tauntaun

Banned
tonsil-trouble-20080313030106212.jpg

I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive.

Gaborn

HolyStar said:
Man, I thought that it was in Florida. I guess they aren't that fucked up.

Don't worry, you still have another chance with another thread! (self thread pimpage FTW)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Montgomery and his former partner started dating in 1994 when he was 24 and she was 16. The first time they slept together, the victim claims she asked him to wear a condom, but Montgomery refused, saying "Do I look like I've got AIDS?".
fucking hell....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom