• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Bubbles DS - why didnt i know about it!?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The presentation and atmosphere reminds me of Lost Winds, if it turns out alright I'll pick it up. :)

jj984jj said:
The presentation and atmosphere reminds me of Lost Winds, if it turns out alright I'll pick it up. :)
uh huh...that music is just so captivating. If it has at least a small about of depth as far as abilities are concerned, then this could really turn into something special.

Manmedaz

I played to this game, and it is a really refreshing game, beautiful and relaxing, really a very interesting experience. I made a preview of it, if some french fellow want some more details :).

It definitely has a day one purchase value to my eyes, and I think all of us shall keep an eye on it. It'll be out in Europe the 13th of June.

Edit :
FlyinJ said:
Any mention of blowing in any of the reviews? Or anyone know if there is?
Well, there is in fact no blowing needed (exept, if I recall well, in the tutorial of the game), everything is made with the stylus and the directions (or the buttons for the lefty-ones), to put the masks on your face.

New to me, but it's got my attention now. It looks like the bubble levels in Super Mario Galaxy mixed with the art of Rayman. I like supporting niche games, so this might be one to preorder.

Edge gave this nice review also. 7/10

The easy difficulty is the only thing that puts me off. Game really does look refreshing though!!

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
oh wow, I was sold at creating the bubble around the water to move it over the fire in one of the related videos. Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03f1nwksD5c

And this quote of the review got rid of my fears:

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/879/879435p1.html said:
Thankfully, beyond the game's intro sequence, there's no huffing and puffing into the microphone, so people on the bus won't think you're having an asthma attack. Instead, you blow bubbles about by stroking in the relevant direction on the touch screen, and your little shaman obligingly empties his little lungs.

It's really great. In a way, it is reminiscent of LostWinds - it looks gorgeous, it's got some lovely ideas, and it's really charming, if just a little undernourished. It's not as short as LostWinds, but it could do with a bit more fleshing out - maybe a multiplayer mode, or some other extras when you complete the game. You'll want to replay the levels to get all the items and S-rank every stage but once that's done there's nothing else.

The bubble movement is absolutely marvellous though - the physics seem absolutely bang on. It really is well worth a try, and some will adore it.

I will get this as my Fiance will love it! :)

gonna have to wait till end of month though. Band Brothers DX and FF Tactics are my June DS titles.

After hearing about the masks giving different abilities, this game is going to be preordered in about 30 minutes. Even if the mask mechanic is alittle shallow, the base gameplay looks like it will more than hold up.

Dragmire

This does look like a great little game. Don't know if it's worth a full price ds purchase (should have been Wiiware) but I really want to play it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dragmire said:
This does look like a great little game. Don't know if it's worth a full price ds purchase (should have been Wiiware) but I really want to play it.

I'll pay extra for portability. Fuck WiiWare

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Where did this come from?

This remnds me a lot of the bubble stages in Super Mario Galaxy - and those were awesome. Seeing the concept fleshed out, on DS nonetheless, is excellent. When does this come out? I'll definitely be there when it does.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The people on the video communicate excellently and with few verbal flubs; that's a very valuable skill when you're an independent European developer who will mainly be pitching to or negotiating with English-language publishers and financiers.

The creative director there in particular seems to really have a good head on his shoulders.

Being published by Eidos pretty much guarantees this will not get any western exposure, but I expect internet-savvy gamers will create a decent buzz for this game. I know I'm anticipating it!

Linkup

Dark Octave said:
I can't see it. No pics here?

soul-bubbles-screens-20080611104453.jpg
soul-bubbles-screens-20080611104514.jpg

soul-bubbles-screens-20080611104458.jpg
soul-bubbles-screens-20080611104449.jpg

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Looks... damn good. Gameplay could be amazing... or crap. Can't tell. Definitely one to keep an eye out on, however.

Baconbitz

Banned
Does anyone know if there'll be a demo on the nintendo channel? From what i've seen it looks cool but, it looks like one of those games I'm gonna have to play via a demo first.

okno

Those mosquitoes look so much like the ones from the original Rayman, whooooa.

But this looks rather neat. I'd buy it if I had a DS still, but since such is not the case, I shall not buy it!

magiustra

I played it during the morning: what a small, beautiful game! I can breathe a LostWinds mood while playing Soul Bubbles, and that's a good thing.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Saw this in the store and had heard relatively decent things about it so I grabbed it on a whim. How can I pass up an action puzzler with nice critical backing behind it? Great game to play in bed, the music is real nice and I love the intro warning about the game not having licensed cars, bald space marines or fantasy elements :lol

Anyone that is sitting on the fence over this should seriously look into buying it, at the very least if it gets discounted. One of those hidden gems on the DS library and if you love games like Loco Roco or the like you won't be disappointed.

GameFAQs is saying a developer called Mekensleep created this. A company I need to definitely keep my eye on.

Haunted

It certainly looks nice.

speedpop said:
Saw this in the store and had heard relatively decent things about it so I grabbed it on a whim. How can I pass up an action puzzler with nice critical backing behind it? Great game to play in bed, the music is real nice and I love the intro warning about the game not having licensed cars, bald space marines or fantasy elements :lol

Anyone that is sitting on the fence over this should seriously look into buying it, at the very least if it gets discounted. One of those hidden gems on the DS library and if you love games like Loco Roco or the like you won't be disappointed.

GameFAQs is saying a developer called Mekensleep created this. A company I need to definitely keep my eye on.
speedpop seal of approval?

sold.

Top Bottom