• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo responds to fake interview

SantaC

Gold Member
Here are some snippets of it:

Nintendo became aware of the interview on Thursday.

In the interview, Yamauchi is portrayed as an anti-American, and even a racist, stereotyping Italians as "hairy" people. Yamauchi attacks Sony (a fellow Japanese company) in the interview for being "corrupted by the Western ethos" and bashed its PSP, comparing it to a certain male body part. Capcom's Shinji Mikami is attacked as well, for being a “double faced [explicative].”

Yesterday, Nintendo confirmed that the interview was indeed a hoax. In fact, Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s head of public relations, Yasuhiro Minagawa says that no such negotiations between Yamauchi and Ballmer took place. "Everybody in the industry was talking about that [interview] and laughing about it," Minagawa said.

http://gc.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=4086

The whole story is just :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I guess the guy who made this has got to be pretty pleased with himself at this stage. To get a comment out of Minagawa on it has only got to be a compliment.

That is the most horrible fake interview I've ever seen. Y'know, it's one thing to make fun of Nintendo for being 'kiddy' and what not, but it's a totally different thing to put racial slurs into someone else's mouth. Yamauchi and Nintendo should sue the people responsible for slander.

That's total garbage, and for people on these forums that find it funny... you are very sad.

Trying to label a person, famous, corporate or regular joe as a racist is an absolutely horrible thing to do.

I can't believe certain websites ran this as real news. Pathetic.

Jan

It was just a joke for the equivalent of aparil fools day in Spain .

In our web we are very pleased . Thanks for the compliments

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Gaia Theory said:
That is the most horrible fake interview I've ever seen. Y'know, it's one thing to make fun of Nintendo for being 'kiddy' and what not, but it's a totally different thing to put racial slurs into someone else's mouth. Yamauchi and Nintendo should sue the people responsible for slander.

That's total garbage, and for people on these forums that find it funny... you are very sad.

Trying to label a person, famous, corporate or regular joe as a racist is an absolutely horrible thing to do.

The reason why it's funny is because Yamauchi is known to be kind of extreme in his views. This interview takes his extremity and turns it into an exaggerated parody.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Gaia Theory said:

Please tell me the above is a poor attempt at fake outrage to go along with a well done fake interview.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I would consider it an honor if Yamauchi told me to suck his tiny yellow balls.

I'm straight as an arrow, but this is Yamauchi, man!

GaimeGuy

Cruel Bastard Mario said:
I would consider it an honor if Yamauchi told me to suck his tiny yellow balls.

I'm straight as an arrow, but this is Yamauchi, man!

:lol

You like the billionaire scrotum.

GDGF

Soothsayer
You laugh, but I'm gonna be sitting pretty with a plush job in a Nintendo highrise (royal yellow ball sucker, perhaps, but oh well)

Who's the man now, dog? :D

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
This interview could only have been written by someone intimately familiar with Wired's inner workings. A fervent Nintendo fan with an astute understanding of the industry as a whole. And someone who's got experience working in the faux-interview format.. maybe someone who's done them before for other publications.

Pity I can't think of a single person, especially from around these parts, who might fit that description.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
it'll be interesting to see if those responsible for the fake interview get in a lot of trouble.

Pellham

Banned
Pity I can't think of a single person, especially from around these parts, who might fit that description.

It was done by a Spanish website. Apparently got leaked to the GA forums somehow, and then to the rest of the internet.

But yeah great fake interview! Although if it's true that Minagawa and the rest of Nintendo laughed at it, that's even better.

GaimeGuy

If the higher ups at Nintendo have read the interview themselves, you know the guy did something right. :lol

Top Bottom