• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How about a zombie tv series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

You know, daily life in a zombie-infested world, with a focus on the daily life.

That would be good.

Peru

I really think that this could be pretty, pretty great, and I believe a lot of creators/writers could do it justice. It'd have to be on HBO, of course, considering its graphic nature. So many different concepts are being explored these days on TV, and I refuse to believe no one is thinking about this idea right now.

ManaByte

Gold Member
There were two. CBS passed on the second after seeing the pilot.

Alive:
http://www.wired.com/entertainment/theweb/news/2007/10/viral

Babylon Fields:
http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/james-hibberd/2007/10/babylon_fieldscbss_buried_zomb.php

Zombie sex on CBS.

That is what we missed this fall.

During the development season, CBS’ “Babylon Fields” was considered an early front-runner for greenlight. Granted, “apocalyptic zombie drama” may have sounded like a strange premise for a TV series, but no more so than the rest of CBS’ slate of vampire detectives, kids in ghost towns, musical gamblers and swinger couples.

“Babylon” starred Ray Stevenson, Kathy Baker and Amber Tamblyn. Stevenson was one of a trio of actors from HBO’s stellar “Rome” to land plum roles in fall pilots (the others were Kevin McKidd, the star of NBC’s “Journeyman,” and Polly Walker, who has a supporting role in CBS’ “Cane”).

Even after announcing its “Babylon”-less fall lineup at upfronts, CBS executives held out the possibility of a midseason order. Sadly, “Babylon” missed the final cut. Had the show received a pickup, “Babylon” would have taken CBS’ fall 2007 experimentation phase to a whole new level. “Babylon” just might be the weirdest pilot you have never seen.

The show explores the emotional and societal ramification of loved ones coming back from the dead. You know, like in “Pet Sematary.” But by the end of the episode, the zombie thriller is crossed with a crime procedural. So small-town police detective Stevenson is given a murder to solve while zombies wander the streets. It's “ZSI.”

The “Babylon” brand of zombies are not all moany-stumbly like in most films about the living dead. But they remain, quite clearly, deceased—autopsy scars, open wounds, bad skin, worms, etc. The zombies walk back to their former homes. They talk to their former loved ones. And have sex with them.

We proudly present an all-too-brief look at “Babylon Fields.”

I wrote a story that followed that method (And there have been some relatively successful books that did as well, such as Day by Day Armageddon).

I doubt any network would ever see the idea as being profitable, though.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
547-1.jpg

This is the only right answer and should only be done as an HBO original series.

it's literally RIGHT THERE to be made.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
You don't know how badly I want a TV show based off The Walking Dead (or any solid "living in a world now infested with zombies" type plot).

OR get Josh Schwartz to write it... The OC (season 1) + The Walking Dead = fun for everyone!

MisterHero

I don't know. If there were a real zombie crisis I'd just nuke the hell out of them and where they came from.

That would take maybe 5 minutes. Maybe.

way more

It might get old real quick. I can just picture it being like the Planet of the Apes tv series instead of The Sarah Connor Chronicles. If The Walking Dead were better I would probably have more faith in a TV series but it's so cliche and tired. Maybe a mini-series developed by Romero that showed the outbreak, the military/medical response and the isolated civilians. Pretty much just a rip-off of The Stand but with zombies.

dalin80

Banned
MassiveAttack said:
Ask Max Brooks to write the script, produce it and hire a director.

PROFIT.

Not until he gets rid of the silly ideas that zombies could climb anchor chains or survive being frozen then thawed, not mentioning the idea that they don't get weaker even as the muscles decay... there's a fair bit of misinformation in his books that could cost lives come Z day.

EMBee99 said:
547-1.jpg

This is the only right answer and should only be done as an AMC original series.

it's literally RIGHT THERE to be made.

Fixed! This guy should be pretty happy though that this show is actually being made.

iNvid02

isnt there an upcoming one i saw a trailer for.
sheriff goes into coma wakes up and its zombieland

i would watch something like that, be a nice addition
to vampires.

Salazar

Meliorism said:
I saw the topic and scratched my head, knowing about The Walking Dead this fall on AMC. Then I saw the date. heh
:lol

There is mild amusement in noticing that an OP is dated 2008, and scanning down the thread waiting to see the ass who bumped it and the pitiable triviality of their post.

Salsa

Trent Strong said:
I never want watch another zombie movie, TV series, book or videogame again in my entire life. It's been done to death.

I get you, but you would be pretty bored going by that argument. Everything´s been done to death.

Trent Strong said:
I never want watch another zombie movie, TV series, book or videogame again in my entire life. It's been done to death.

Nope. It's just been done mediocre to shitty dozens of times. It's very rarely done quite well.

trinest

Theres an awesome animie which has zombies at a Japanese School and they have weapons and shit to kill em'.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Wasn't Zombieland originally pitched as a series? Hence the whole part of the zombie kill of the week?

Anyways, I dunno, I couldn't see that idea working. Specially since Vampires are the IT thing atm.

trinest said:
Theres an awesome animie which has zombies at a Japanese School and they have weapons and shit to kill em'.
And waaaay too much fan service.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
trinest said:
Oh. This show is about zombies? I thought it was a skin flick.

Zombies are already not cool anymore. Maybe would've worked 6-8 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom