• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paging *ALL* PS3 owners (with 2.40) - Did 2.40 brick your PS3?

jmd494

Well, it looks like 2.40 was pulled - Source. It's just speculation now as to what caused the update to be pulled. However, evidence is pointing to the fact that it was killing people's PS3's.

So I wanted to start a fresh thread to talk about this issue and NOTHING else!

I started a new thread because it'd be too hard to get an organized poll going in the other thread.

Please limit all post to two types:

A. Posts contributing new information about the bricking phenomenon (i.e. news stories, etc...) -- no anecdotal evidence about others, theories about the problem, or advice to others! (let's keep that in the offical 2.40 thread) and,

B. Posts providing short, concise answers to the three following questions:

---1. Did this update brick your PS3?
---2. Define "brick" in your case
---3. If it did brick your system, how many times did you reboot your PS3 before it bricked?

jmd494

Justin Dailey said:
---1. Did this update brick your PS3?
---2. Define "brick" in your case
---3. If it did brick your system, how many times did you reboot your PS3 before it bricked?
1. No
2. N/A
3. N/A

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Mine bricke'd without the DL. I turn it on, see the "New update required" thing in the corner, then it freezes immediatly. Haven't been able to get to the XMB since. 60GB launch.

Speevy

Banned
ggnoobIGN said:
Mine bricke'd without the DL. I turn it on, see the "New update required" thing in the corner, then it freezes immediatly. Haven't been able to get to the XMB since. 60GB launch.

disconnect your console from the internet

MoxManiac

US 60GB with replaced 160GB HDD

1. no
2. n/a
3. n/a

Only issue i had was it kept rebooting when i tried to update SSD HD; deleting SSD HD and redownloading it fixed the problem.

slider

1) Nope, DL'ed a few hours ago. Have had the 60gig Euro model on for about 2 hours, maybe more, and played Wowhawk, SSHD and GTA4. Sorry to hear other folks have had trouble though.

2) N/A.

3) N/A.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
20GB US upgraded to 160GB.

1. No.
2. N/A.
3. N/A.

StuBurns

Banned
1, No
2, N/A
3, N/A

A UK 60GB model, brought whenever the 40GB model was released and the 60GB models got to a price a poor uni student can afford.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
1. No (Aussie 40gb)
2. N/A
3. N/A

Top Bottom