• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watchmen Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
fbf01u.jpg

Official Site

HD Trailers:
480p
720p
1080p

The world will look up and shout "Save us!". And i'll whisper, "No."

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I'm right in the middle of reading Watchmen for the first time, and I love it. It will be interesting to see how the movie turns out.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Um. HOLY SHIT. Many scenes right from the comic. Oh man. Not expecting it to be so close. Doc Manhattan's initial transformation shot was right on the money. "The light...the light is taking me to pieces."

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Yeah, slow for me too. I'm sure it's getting hammered.

I don't know...I love the graphic novel and have yet to be convinced it can be condensed into some likely two hour movie, but I dare say this almost looks...promising.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bob_arctor said:
Um. HOLY SHIT. Many scenes right from the comic. Oh man. Not expecting it to be so close. Doc Manhattan's initial transformation shot was right on the money. "The light...the light is taking me to pieces."
My thoughts exactly. Holy shit inducing indeed!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
looks great. not too happy about the actor chosen for oxzy(don't remember his name... you know who I'm talking about...) though.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Brobzoid said:
looks great. not too happy about the actor chosen for oxzy(don't remember his name... you know who I'm talking about...) though.

Yep. He needs to be bigger and more imposing. The actor playing him now looks like a skinny blond dude.

It certainly has a very convincing look but I'm not sold on it yet. I'll be there day one, at least this trailer is better than the whole travesty LXG was.

Looks great so far. Looks like they're adapting it as close as possible which is good. This is a movie that can't afford to stray too far from the source material.

I got "geek chills" when Rorschach said that line as he stands on top of the building.

tedtropy

BlueTsunami said:
Yep. He needs to be bigger and more imposing. The actor playing him now looks like a skinny blond dude.

We all know who should have played Ozy...

titan.jpg

I keed, of course. The dude playing him doesn't strike me as a perfect fit, but the character in the graphic novel wasn't necessarily the most buff dude, nor really needs to be...

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
BlueTsunami said:
the worst part is that the picture of that dude from american gladiators everybody posts is far too fitting for anyone looking too different from that gentleman would be disappointing. they need that gladiator dude in this. :\

edit: ARHG! THERE HE IS AGAIN!

Wallach

Brobzoid said:

Ozymandias.

This trailer is sex. Please be good.

Was the Comedian in there? I was wondering what he looked like.

Edit: wasn't part of the idea of the Watchmen comic is that these superheroes were generic cliched characters and kind of lame (Nite Owl a crappy Batman, Rorshach just a crazy guy with a mask and trenchcoat...)? They sure don't seem to be using this for the theme and are just making them as badass as possible.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
tedtropy said:
We all know who should have played Ozy...

titan.jpg

Hes like the spitting image of him but obviously, acting skills are suspect :lol . I wouldn't mind if he "Terminatored" his way as Ozy though.

Unison

I still think condensing this down into a movie is going to be an impossible task. Disappointment is the only result we can expect here.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'm torn between not wanting to watch this trailer to avoid spoilers (on scenes and special effects) and wanting to watch it because I already know the story anyway so my main gripe about movie trailers giving away too much is kind of null.

No movie is ever going to be as good as the source material... the same is always said for every comic book to movie translation, but it holds especially true in this instance.

But with that out of the way, it looks okay.

tedtropy

Unison said:
I still think condensing this down into a movie is going to be an impossible task. Disappointment is the only result we can expect here.

Alan Moore?

I think it'd be foolish to expect any 1:1 conversion here, but if it can bring the better bits of the graphic novel to the big screen, then the dork in me will have been satiated.

I wonder if Doc Manhattan will be walking around, full frontal nude?

Also, this is the fanboy in me speaking: I hate how they choose the term graphic novel instead of comic book in the film, even though the description fits perfectly. Oh well.

tarby

Neo Member
Looks so good. Really well done trailer too… I love the tone they set with the music and slower pace.

tedtropy

FortNinety said:
I wonder if Doc Manhattan will be walking around, full frontal nude?

I doubt it very much. The MPAA has a hard time with the male member. Flacid, blue, metaphysical, or otherwise, even in an R-rated flick.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
OMFG YESSSSSS

tedtropy said:
I doubt it very much. The MPAA has a hard time with the male member. Flacid, blue, metaphysical, or otherwise, even in an R-rated flick.
You see his dick in the trailer.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Brobzoid said:
the worst part is that the picture of that dude from american gladiators everybody posts is far too fitting for anyone looking too different from that gentleman would be disappointing. they need that gladiator dude in this. :\

edit: ARHG! THERE HE IS AGAIN!

they also need people who can act. it should never be 100% about the looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom