• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

sd stock on wii...

while trying to back up my save data off the wii hdd, i accidentally put the sd card in the disc slot and it eat it. and now i cant get it back.

what do i do

Tabris

Linkhero1 said:
:lol :lol

Do not and I repeat do not try opening your Wii (voids warranty??). Call Nintendo or something

Oh god, don't do that. Nintendo will have to add another screen to press A on before proceeding "Do not put your SD card in the DVD slot"

GameOfTheYear said:
i accidentally put the sd card in the disc slot and it eat it. and now i cant get it back.

what do i do

Hahaha, omg, that's freaking legendary. I'll remember you forever, or until someone tries to put a game boy advance game in their wii to emulate a gameboy player.

HUELEN10

GUYS, STOP LAUGHING AND HELP THE POOR MAN!
(Though, that was a REALLY FUCKING STUPID thing to do. :lol)

OKay Step 1 it to turn off your Wii. NOw take some card stock or anything that has the thickness and strength of business card, and hold it to make a pincher thing. It should look like an "L" if looked at sidewise. Insert, turn on Wii, and QUICKLY ROTATE COUNTER-CLOCKWISE, SQUEEZE, AND PULL OUT. Do all this while holding the console slot-side down.

Good luck!

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Tabris said:
Oh god, don't do that. Nintendo will have to add another screen to press A on before proceeding "Do not put your SD card in the DVD slot"
:lol

Nah...They'll just add another warning in the manual similar to "Don't feed the Pikmin".

Tobor

Jive Turkey said:
:lol

Nah...They'll just add another warning in the manual similar to "Don't feed the Pikmin".

9.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
GameOfTheYear said:
while trying to back up my save data off the wii hdd, i accidentally put the sd card in the disc slot and it eat it. and now i cant get it back.

what do i do

Stop drinking. Reevaluate life lead. Volunteer at homeless shelter. Marry a woman of modest appearance and have unspectacular children.

Or try turning the Wii so that its slot is facing the floor. In this position try pressing the eject button. Oh, and shake the shit out of it.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
HUELEN10 said:
GUYS, STOP LAUGHING AND HELP THE POOR MAN!
(Though, that was a REALLY FUCKING STUPID thing to do. :lol)

OKay Step 1 it to turn off your Wii. NOw take some card stock or anything that has the thickness and strength of business card, and hold it to make a pincher thing. It should look like an "L" if looked at sidewise. Insert, turn on Wii, and QUICKLY ROTATE COUNTER-CLOCKWISE, SQUEEZE, AND PULL OUT. Do all this while holding the console slot-side down.

Good luck!

Whoa whoa whoa, step two should be unplugging it so he doesn't shock his dumbass somehow. :lol

[edit] This reminds me of my "I can't get the batteries out of my 360 controller, help!" fiasco. I nominate him for a tag based on this precedent.

legend166

Have you owned it for longer than a year? If so, you don't have a warranty anyway, so you might as well open it up and have a look.

Get a screw driver.

HUELEN10

Danthrax said:
Whoa whoa whoa, step two should be unplugging it so he doesn't shock his dumbass somehow. :lol
No! It NEEDS to be plugged so the drive thinks it is a disk and guides the card in properly. I have found that this can help wiggle the card your way too.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
HUELEN10 said:
No! it NEEDS to be plugged so the drive thinks it is a disk and guides the card in properly.

But you're just prying the thing out with a card and shaking the Wii at an angle, basically. You don't need the power on.

BTW GameOfTheYear, you must take pictures of whatever course of action you choose. :lol

comedy bomb said:
You could try sucking it back out.

With a vaccum cleaner moran

"Help! How do I get my SD card out of my vacuum cleaner?!"

HUELEN10

Danthrax said:
"Help! How do I get my SD card out of my vacuum cleaner?!"
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

As for the power on or not, it worked for me only power on. Regardless, I wish you the best of luck TC.

I clicked this thread expecting something entirely different, though I am watching in earnest since my younger cousins (twins ~8 years old) tend to want to use the Wii when they come over and I wouldn't put it past them to do something like this.

Nicktals

Banned
Wait...You put your SD card in the disc slot??

lol.

Oh man.

Call Nintendo. Send your Wii in. You risk breaking your Wii and/or voiding your warranty if you do anything else.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
... You guys are all failing to realize that when you put a game into the wii, a metal bar covers the disk slot to keep you from putting anything else in it/the disk from flying out.

Have you tried to just eject the game yet? Hold the system so the disc slot is facing the ground, and push the eject button to see if it comes out. Shake it a bit too while doing this.

If that fails, just call Nintendo, explain it to them, and ship it off. The only thing is that you may not get the SD card back.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
HUELEN10 said:

As for the power on or not, it worked for me only power on. Regardless, I wish you the best of luck TC.

"and it eat it" happened to you too?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
HUELEN10 said:

Wait...You're actually speaking from experience???

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
PantherLotus said:
I'm actually pretty sure a big magnet could get it out.

A big magnet could also fuck up the Wii. And maybe corrupt the SD card's data.

...unless this was a sarcastic suggestion, in which case, carry on

Top Bottom