• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got a Tattoo......... also Bel Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that is pretty out of character for me tbh.

I got involved in running a website about 3 years ago, the domain owner pretty much just took off an left it to us to do what we wanted and so I went nuts spending a ton of time on it and all the work started paying off. We started making money from the advertising deals that I started making with some of the game publishers and things were looking pretty good.

Then things started getting weird. The domain owner comes back starting to try and run things with his wife and I didn't like the fact that they didn't have any idea of all the work I had done with all the other writers. I offered to buy the domain name from them but they turned me down saying they would have to get the company valued by a third party etc etc. They booted me off the site and intended to run it themselves.

They contacted all the writers saying the site would keep going etc etc, meanwhile the writers contacted me asking me to start a new site. I didn't want to because I felt like I had poured 3 years of my life down the drain. In the end the support from the writers and the community we had developed convinced me and at the beggining of July we started the new site.

Enter the tattoo challenge. I really liked the logo and joked in a thread in our forum that some one should get a tattoo of the logo.

Here is the result
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbwa_LfVSzs

tattoo.jpg

Tattoos are really salient (and tangible) gestures of a person's existential view on the self. Existential because they represent a foundational meaning that only the one having the tattoo can attribute definition towards it and insofar as any particular thing or action constitutes some sort of implication upon that person's being (existence). Further they can definitely be as much a bane as a boon to persons who are engaged in an existentialist quandary; the incessant change of identity and role as defined by external forces (other people). Such was the case in my life, an existentialist rollercoaster ride that enabled my transcendence of consciousness; a metaphorical rise to royalty. Now, I'd like to take a minute--just sit right there--to tell you how I became the price of a town called Bel-Air. In West Philadelphia born and raised, on the playground was where I spent most of my days. Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all, shootin some b-ball outside of the school, when a couple of guys who were up to no good started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight, and my mom got scared. She said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air. I whistled for a cab, and when it came near, the license plate said "fresh" and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say this cab was where, but I thought, "Nah, forget it... Yo homes, to Bel Air!" I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8, and I yelled to the cabbie, "Yo homes, smell you later! I looked at my kingdom; I was finally there to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
So what was the site you used to write for?

Edit: NM, GeekPulp. So the owner pulled the site too? How weird. ButtonMasher is a much better name anyways.

AlphaSnake said:
So what was the site you used to write for?

Edit: NM, GeekPulp. So the owner pulled the site too? How weird. ButtonMasher is a much better name anyways.

Yeah when all the writers/readers found out what he did they all quit the site and he must have realised that he didn't have a chance at running it succesfuly. Geekpulp was a really hard name to sell to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom