• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When will the next Fumito Ueda game be revealed?

I thought I heard somewhere that Sony will give it a reveal at TGS. Google gives me no such confirmation. Am I making this up, or has that rumor been floating around?

Johnas

Based on the amount of time the previous two games took in development, it's logical to assume we'll see the game at TGS, with the actual release sometime next year. There hasn't been any sort of announcement yet that I'm aware of, it's just a logical assumption.

The sooner, the better.

Jonnyram

You are making it up, but common sense would lead people to believe it will be revealed at TGS. TGS 2008 or TGS 2009 is the bigger question.

Septimus

We know nothing about this game except for the following image and that Team ICO hired some new people. Also, it is assumed it will be revealed at TGS but then again... wasn't SotC first revealed in some random boardroom? Anyway, I'm hoping for TGS.
2000958165325072406_rs.jpg

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
My Uncles, brothers, son says its tomorrow
or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day.......

Trevelyan

Banned
As much as I'd love to have the game come out in 09, I just don't see it happening. Fall 09 will most likely consist of Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, MAG, and R&CF2. I do hope I'm wong though =(

Grayman

favouriteflavour said:
how many years was the PS2 out before Ico was released? I would say that plus 2 years :(
Ico came out in 2001 so very quickly. SOTC though came out 4 years later.

Grayman said:
The interview linked to from that one is not so optimistic.

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/...-ps3-game-hasnt-hit-critical-development-yet/
“I’m not feeling any pressure at the moment because time is not critical yet,” he said, talking in the latest edition of UK mag gamesTM.

No one really knows what he meant by that, although some were speculating that it just meant that they currently don't have a real time frame for the release so they aren't feeling any pressure to get it out. So that really wouldn't stop a showing at TGS.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
MassiveAttack said:
TGS reveal, 2009 release

more like TGS2009 reveal , 2010 release

for this TGS i hope sony have another game with Game Republic ( folklore engine or the core gameplay )

Kafel said:
We need Reeves' word.

Mistur Reevz " next Ueda game will be Available exclusively to download via torrent , the next PS3 firmware will have utorrent bulit in "

DunpealD

It will be shown when it's ready we don't want a preview to give it a TEEEEERRRRIIIBBBLEEE and ending up at a 6.75 review, do we? ;)

So just relax, sit back and enjoy the coming up titles.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think it will be shown in this years TGS in some sort of form.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sony-publisher-exclusivity-probably-a-thing-of-the-past

And Reeves hinted that some of the key announcements from Sony at Tokyo Games Show would be software-related.

"Shuhei [Yoshida, president of Sony Worldwide Studios] can tell you what else is coming out, maybe he's told you already, but there are certainly from Japan going to be some really, really good stuff - both on PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 3," he said. "You haven't seen it yet, we only see it in development, and they are external and internal developers."

Doubledex

Banned
Reeves said:
Some of the key announcements from Sony at Tokyo Games Show will be software-related.

Shuhei [Yoshida, president of Sony Worldwide Studios] can tell you what else is coming out, maybe he's told you already, but there are certainly from Japan going to be some really, really good stuff - both on PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 3," he said. "You haven't seen it yet, we only see it in development, and they are external and internal developers."
Jesus christ.... buy some developers (if they are good) or create some new studios. Your japanese game-development part is a joke. You need MOAR!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Doubledex said:
Jesus christ.... buy some developers (if they are good) or create some new studios. Your japanese game-development part is a joke. You need MOAR!

quantity or quality ?

Ecochrome , the Last guy , LocoRoco , Patapon , Folklore , GT5:p , Siren , Ape Quest , you called these JOKE ?

I guess ( I hope ) you are talking about quantity .

there are enough internal teams in SCE japan Studio ( Project Siren , Team ICO , Saru Team , Kouno-san team ..ect ) and they made games , but since there are two systems ( PSP and PS3 ) it's hard to feel like there is many of games from them .

SCEJ did decent work this gen on PSP and PS3 with , Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida , Eye of Judgment , LocoRoco , Work Time Fun , ecochrome , My Summer Vacation , Ape Quest , Afrika , GT5:p , Patapon ..ect but the problem is they are working on two/three systems at the same time ( and no there is no need to buy studios if you give 2nd party devs like Game Republic and Pyramid your money and IPs to make games for you )

if sony only has only PS3 this gen you will see SCEJ doing what they did during PS2 and PSone era , but not on 3 systems , even Nintendo can't fill 2 system with 1st party quality games , just look at Wii/DS first party titles for this year and next one .

Doubledex said:

Sony Japan has always used a lot of external developers to make their games. That's absolutely nothing new.

Top Bottom