• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ken "King of Smash" Hoang enters Survivor: Gabon

Nekobo

My apologies if this has already been posted...

meet ken of survivor: gabon

http://www.angryasianman.com/2008/09/meet-ken-of-survivor-gabon.html

Oh boy. The new season of Survivor premieres next week. This time, among the castaways, we have Ken Hoang, a 22-year-old professional gamer from Westminster, California. Yes, as in video games. According to his bio, he is the current international champion of Nintendo's Super Smash Brothers Melee game, and apparently known to the gaming community as "the King of Smash."

There's a video of Ken talking about himself and his gaming geekness here. This guy is no Yul Kwon. I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict he's not going to be a huge threat in the physical challenges. But hey, his gaming skillz might come in handy when it comes down to the strategy. My question is, can he play the social game? Survivor: Gabon premieres September 25 on CBS.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
God, a hardcore Nintendo fan getting this much exposure is going to make gaming akin to leprosy.

Osuwari

in before tier discussion

btw, i didn't see this one coming. i would have expected a famous actor in there first (also, i'm very behind the times with this so excuse me if there was a popular actor in a previous survivor already)

edit: gotta love the whole "gamers are antisocial" stereotype. i bet a tag that some of the other participants will be more antisocial than him.

Gonna be interesting to see how he's gonna use his competences aquired from playing Smash in the contest. Will he wavedash his way to victory? Will he exploit the other contenders weakness and chaingrab them out of the show?

Metroid Killer said:
Gonna be interesting to see how he's gonna use his competences aquired from playing Smash in the contest. Will he wavedash his way to victory? Will he exploit the other contenders weakness and chaingrab them out of the show?
He' just bitch that the new survivor isn't as good and quit before even competing.

harSon

Banned
This is an angry Asian man?

23kukn7.jpg

Top Bottom