• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXE Preview Program Watch Thread (Who got in?)

jmoe316

So the emails are scheduled to go out shortly (don't know if there is a specific time scheduled).

Let's use this thread to see who got in and your experiences with installing and using the new dashboard.

Note: I read somewhere that even though notifications go out today, we won't be able to get the new dashboard until next week? Anyone know if this is true? Will we be able to try it out today or at a later date?

Enjoy!

EDIT:
From Major Nelson's Twitter (posted about a half hour before this post):
Hopefully we can send them out later tonight (PT)

From Major Nelson's Twitter:
NXE Mail update: We're hoping to get them sent out later today. NONE of gone out yet. I'll make a post when they do!

yeah this thread was premature haha, it looks like it won't be going out until tonight pacific time, good thing i'm in cali...hope I get in..

but yeah I don't have netflix and I have a linksys router, so chances are i'm not getting in...

Kibbles

I'd be willing to trade out a CoD: WaW PC Beta key for a NXE Preview Key if anyone gets one... :eek: Seriously, how the hell did I miss the signups? >.<

Kibbles said:
I'd be willing to trade out a CoD: WaW PC Beta key for a NXE Preview Key if anyone gets one... :eek: Seriously, how the hell did I miss the signups? >.<

I don't think there are gonna be keys for this. You had to enter your console ID as part of the sign-up so the update is probably going to get automatically pushed to you if you are chosen.

Considering Major said "hope" in both of his twitter posts, I'm operating under the assumption that they aren't going to go out today.

Nif

Meh, thought they'd gone out. :p

I don't think I'll get in because I've been slumming on silver most of the year. Would be nice, though. I bought a 120GB in preparation. :)

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Note: I read somewhere that even though notifications go out today, we won't be able to get the new dashboard until next week? Anyone know if this is true? Will we be able to try it out today or at a later date?

They haven't specified when, but if Major's podcast is anything to go by, it should be very shortly after you get your acceptance email. So I'd say either Friday of this week or early next week.

Kibbles

bumpkin said:
Who got in? More like who knew about this? This is the first I've heard of the signup... Lame.
Same, I'd like to play Gears 2 in the correct resolution of my monitor >.< I really wouldn't mind if they added an option to have black bars too, to make it 16:9.

probune

bumpkin said:
Who got in? More like who knew about this? This is the first I've heard of the signup... Lame.

twitter.com/majornelson

Twitter is mostly useless but in this one case I got to find out about this thing early enough to sign up.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
probune said:
twitter.com/majornelson

Twitter is mostly useless but in this one case I got to find out about this thing early enough to sign up.

Or you know, Major's blog which has his Twitter attached to it on the left side. :p

Shafto

Hoping to make it in - must be one of the few Brits to even sign up, given it got posted at some obscene hour in the morning (so far, this has been the only benefit to Night Shift!).

Again, mainly just for 16x10 support. Not fussed about the rest, and really wish MS had just pushed the 16x10 support through much earlier. It surely could be given as a seperate patch, and could have been given much earlier. To be honest, i'm a little concerned no review sites have mentioned this - is it still definitely in?>

Gowans

fingers crossed too.

I can not wait for the 8 person party chat, think it might really have an impact on how I play my games.

Merguson

Banned
I signed up for that shit. They wanted a "wide range" of audiences around the world, so hoping that statement isn't bullshit and Canada gets some love.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
# No...emails have NOT been sent. Stop checking your email and go play Fable 2 or Fallout 3. I'll make a post when they're going out. 4 minutes ago

:lol i find major nelson funny when he gets frustrated

Chinner

Banned
Merguson said:
I signed up for that shit. They wanted a "wide range" of audiences around the world, so hoping that statement isn't bullshit and Canada gets some love.
Europe got owned. All of you guys got in while we were sleeping : (.

Merguson

Banned
It also says in the next few hours, don't expect it right away.

As a side note, can anyone explain this email I got from Xbox Live? I accidently used a 1 month xbox live code when I wanted to check if it was valid.

Dear (removed),

This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed Xbox Live Prepaid 1 month Gold Membership Card. The subscription will expire on March 1, 2009. Here is a description of the service:

Xbox Live Prepaid 1 month Gold Membership Card

So did it remove my 1 year subscription that ended in January or did it add another month? I thought it canceled it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
MoogPaul said:
i doubt netflix is the main say on if you get in or not; although, i wish it was (since I have an account).
They said on the Podcast that they wanted a wide range of different people. Not just everyone with the fastest internet/Netflix/Media Center, etc.

Big_T

Just got the email :D
picture1a9d77.png

picture23cec7.png

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Saren is Bad said:
Is this a beta test or will the people who recieve it have it until November what-ever (can't remember the date)?
I don't think they'd have you go through the trouble of installing, deleting, then re-installing a new dashboard.

Kryten

Got the email - quite reassuring that they're after people in various regions (here in NZ we have no Netflix, for example).

Grecco

Merguson said:
It also says in the next few hours, don't expect it right away.

As a side note, can anyone explain this email I got from Xbox Live? I accidently used a 1 month xbox live code when I wanted to check if it was valid.

So did it remove my 1 year subscription that ended in January or did it add another month? I thought it canceled it.

If it removed it it would have said 2008 not 2009. So yeah it ads 1 month.

burgerdog

Saren is Bad said:
Is this a beta test or will the people who recieve it have it until November what-ever (can't remember the date)?

It's the final build, if you get in then you're good to go, you don't have to do anything Nov 19th.

Merguson said:
Within the next few hours, we’ll be sending out the notification email for those accepted in to the New Xbox Experience Preview Program.
Quoting for importance, and because I've grown to care about you as a person.

Major says all emails have gone out. Honestly, you'd think they'd want to send it to as many xboxes as possible before 'officially' releasing it.

Top Bottom