• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 12/22 - 12/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
MC-THREAD-SOFTWARE-TITLE.png

01. [PS3] White Knight Chronicles (SCE) - 207,000 / NEW
02. [PSP] Dissidia Final Fantasy (Square Enix) - 176,000 / 665,000
03. [WII] Animal Crossing: City Folk (Nintendo) - 144,000 / 876,000
04. [NDS] Kirby Super Star Ultra (Nintendo) - 141,000 / 920,000
05. [NDS] Wagamama Fashion: Girls Mode (Nintendo) - 105,000 / 547,000
06. [NDS] Rhythm Heaven (Nintendo) - 84,500 / 1,445,000
07. [NDS] Phantasy Star Zero (Sega) - 84,000 / NEW
08. [NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Pokemon) - 79,000 / 2,231,000
09. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 71,000 / 3,051,000
10. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 70,000 / 2,066,000

11. [NDS] Momotarou Dentetsu: 20th Anniversary (Hudson)
12. [NDS] Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel (Level 5)
13. [NDS] Little Magician's Magic Adventure (Konami)
14. [NDS] Power Pro Kun Pocket 11 (Konami)
15. [PS2] Gundam Musou 2 (Bandai Namco)
16. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2 G, BEST (Capcom)
17. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (Bandai Namco)
18. [WII] Wii de Asobu: Pikmin (Nintendo)
19. [NDS] Tamagotchi Kira Kira Omisecchi (Bandai Namco)
20. [PS3] Gundam Musou 2 (Bandai Namco)
21. [WII] Karaoke Joysound Wii (Hudson)
22. [WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo)
23. [WII] Wii Music (Nintendo)
24. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III (SCE)
25. [NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo)
26. [NDS] Meccha! Taiko no Tatsujin DS: 7-tsu no Shima no Daibouken (Bandai Namco)
27. [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)
28. [NDS] Tales of Hearts: Anime Movie Edition (Bandai Namco)
29. [NDS] Genso Suikoden Tierkreis (Konami)
30. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven (Level 5)

MC-THREAD-HARDWARE-TITLE.png

MC-THREAD-PASTWEEKS-TITLE.png

Media Create Sales: 12/15 - 12/21
Media Create Sales: 12/08 - 12/14
Media Create Sales: 12/01 - 12/07

Media Create Sales: 11/24 - 11/30
Media Create Sales: 11/17 - 11/23

MC-THREAD-NOTES-TITLE.png

• Software numbers are typically posted on Wednesday nights at about midnight Eastern.
• Hardware numbers are typically posted Thursday nights at about 9:20 PM Eastern.
• Historic Famitsu Data Compiled by Garaph.
• All charts belong to Chart Get! and will be linked accordingly.

This is the thread that should have appeared last week. Hardware soon.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I hope Wagamama gets to a million.

Yes she can! Yes she can!

FAKE EDIT: Didn't duckroll say it was better to wait for tomorrow's numbers and just merge both weeks?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Yes, but MC usually has it's own thread, and I'm sure a certain mod can thread merge if the need is there.

Anyway, adding to what I said earlier in the week : 10. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 70,000 / 2,066,000 <---Christ. AC Wii is heading straight for the million mark too.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
What's going on? We create a thread for every single week for searchability purposes. It's this way every single year. Welcome aboard kids!

edit: Oh crap, I just read ducky's thing in the last thread. Do what you will, but be prepared for madness!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
PantherLotus said:
What's going on? We create a thread for every single week for searchability purposes. It's this way every single year. Welcome aboard kids!
Hey, you can't win em all. For the record I agree that each MC week should have its own thread for the reason you stated (I use the search semi-frequently for this reason).

Anyway, Any hope that Dissidia reaches 1mil? I'm giving it a 50/50 chance at this time, but am I being generous? or plainly bonkers?
PantherLotus said:
edit: Oh crap, I just read ducky's thing in the last thread. Do what you will, but be prepared for madness!
Oh, you're faltering too? Run away!

swerve

It'd be nice if the thread title was 'Japanese Sales: xx/xx/xx' though, to prevent the weird 'why are M-C better than famitsu better than dengeki better than M-C' discussions etc.

Plus, Famitsu usually (until recently) comes in earlier and gets a good 5 page start...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
swerve said:
It'd be nice if the thread title was 'Japanese Sales: xx/xx/xx' though, to prevent the weird 'why are M-C better than famitsu better than dengeki better than M-C' discussions etc.

Plus, Famitsu usually (until recently) comes in earlier and gets a good 5 page start...

MC gives us a standard to go by each week as Famitsu data was wonky for awhile I believe, no early leaks. Plus its good to use MC numbers for hardware to balance out using Famitsu primarily for software.

Frillen

Leondexter said:
Count me in for wanting a MC thread. It's nice to have a standard thread with a standard title.

Agree.

What's wrong with having ONE more thread? Is the GAF servers going to go bananaz just because of one additional thread?

I like having one thread for each week even if this one will only last for 2 days.

swerve

HK-47 said:
MC gives us a standard to go by each week as Famitsu data was wonky for awhile I believe, no early leaks. Plus its good to use MC numbers for hardware to balance out using Famitsu primarily for software.

Yeah, but if we're using M-C and Famitsu (and dengeki, and first-day numbers) then why not take this new year to change to 'Japanese Sales'? It avoids all confusion and all future 'which thread to type in' problems.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
^^ Neither is more accurate. They are two separate trackers that use different stores. Their data lines up almost exactly over time.

swerve said:
It avoids all confusion and all future 'which thread to type in' problems.

What confusion? Have you ever actually been in an MC thread?

###

Actually on topic, since nobody else will:

1. WKC: 207k, decent.
2. Dissidia: sticking up there, nice!
3. Nintendo: 2-10: interesting to note that it represents 11 million in software LTD. That's a lot of long-term sellers.

swerve

PantherLotus said:
What confusion? Have you ever actually been in an MC thread?

Yeah, I've been in your threads from time to time. They're interesting and I wasn't criticising (sales-age is so defensive lately).

I was suggesting that, seeing as it's *not* M-C exclusively, it's a good time to change the name to something more general. There have been loads of 'why M-C?', 'why famitsu' posts throughout the years and calling the threads gives the impression that M-C carries the most weight (when in fact the amazing 'Wii Vs PS2' comparisons, etc, actually use Famitsu now, rightt?)

Just sayin', is all.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Leondexter said:
Count me in for wanting a MC thread. It's nice to have a standard thread with a standard title.

True statement.

Toad-fr

Leondexter said:

Hi all,

Best wishes for 2009 ;) I agree 100% with the fact that our weekly MC thread is a must! Every week, this is THE thread I am looking forward to reading the most, since I use some of the compiled data for my own work ;)

I would actually say that this weekly post deserves a highlight on the GA Forum since it can easily be lost within dozens of other threads posted at the same time!

PantherLotus, congratulations for the great work you compile week after week. The charts on Chart Get! are amazing and I hope you got a few more visitors thanks to my own japanese sales reports recently ;) Anyway, I'm always delighted to visit this GA Forum for my weekly MC charts :)

Now, I don't know if there is a debate or not about posting all japanese sales charts in one page. Myself, I prefer MC data, I know others prefer Famitsu, or first day sales. I like the idea of finding one thread about our MC Charts, since we then now that most comments will relate to those very specific figures!

That's my 2c, however! Just keep in mind we are billions to read this MC Thread every week. I would just hope a link could point me straight to the latest MC charts from the hopepage, I'm getting lazier as I am growing older :)

Cheers!
Xavier

donny2112

The Faceless Master said:
"Japanese Sales: XX/XX - XX/XX" with whichever numbers are out first that week sounds like a good idea

Madness!

Famitsu has lately often come earlier, but sometimes it's later (which I'm fine with as long as we continue to get the extra-Top 30 data :D ). Media-Create comes at the same time each week and is a week ahead of the comparable standard Famitsu release, so Media-Create gets the weekly thread. Long, long ago, there were threads called "Japanese/Japan Sales" for the week. Those were good, too, but it was still only one tracker in the OP. At least this way you know what tracker will be in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom