• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little King's Story for Wii - 24/04 EU 23/06 NA

323543-little_king_s_story_a005_sup.jpg

Little King's Story begins with the story of a young boy named Corobo. Shy and without many friends, Corobo stumbles upon a mysterious and powerful crown whilst walking in the forest near his village. He soon discovers that the crown grants him the ability to charm any person and make them follow his orders. Suddenly, Howzer, the bull-knight appears informing Corobo that he is now King of the village and that he must not take this responsibility lightly. Returning to his sleepy village as a King instead of a shy little boy, Corobo begins a quest to turn his small hamlet into a noble, fantastic kingdom.

According to the developers, the game has an extensive AI system. Each citizen lives their own lives. Citizens will have their own memories, reactions, and lives. They will remember their jobs, past events, and treat people differently. This was said to be an important aspect of the game to make the town seem real and full of life.

Little King's Story is the result of the combined heavyweight development team from some of Japan's most successful titles and features key contributors from the Harvest Moon series, Final Fantasy XII, DragonQuest VIII, Mario & Luigi RPG, Kingdom Hearts and Chulip.

Links
- Yoshiro Kimura (designer) interview on Rising Star Games' Little King's Story Page
- Wikipedia page for Little King's Story
- RSG Developer interview with gameplay on the RSG YouTube channel with other gameplay videos. Alternatively IGN videos page
- Metacritic page for Little King's Story
- Yasuhiro Wada (director) interview on the GameTrailers page for Little King's Story

Notable reviews
* 92% NGamer
* 91% GamesMaster
* 9 EDGE
* 8/10 GamesTM
* 7/10 Swedish LEVEL
* 8/10 Eurogamer
* 9 Telegraph
* 9.1 IGN Australia

Screenshots
3093dkz.jpg
nfsc1v.jpg

vni2z4.jpg
2pyajo0.jpg

2zsxunc.jpg
w1rxwj.jpg

29zv8ls.jpg
241kxgx.jpg

2uos18m.jpg

The World Map
873495-little_kings_story_artwork_0.jpg

OP by Fantastical and myself.

Dascu

Shit, I forgot all about this. Can't wait to play it. The style is simply marvelous and the reviews seem to indicate that the gameplay's great too.

GhaleonQ

Please, please live up to my expectations as my favorite game of the year. I'm probably not going to get a game tailored so close to my taste ever again (apparent objective excellence aside), so I intend to proselytize about it until game outlets start taking it seriously.

So, basically, I'm excited.

The Hermit

EDGE gave it a 9?! What the hell...

Damn, another game I have to look out for.... like my time wasn´t already short :(

Another game to pick up in June. I haven't really followed the game to much but I've had a passing interest in it for awhile ever since I read about it in NP.

pakkit

Banned
How long is this game supposed to run? Those screen caps are completely different from the ones I've seen in previews.

birdchili

this is the first wii game in ages that i can see myself sitting down with for a multi-hour single-player session and they're releasing in june. that's great.

i think this has been on my list of "good reasons to get a wii" for something like two years.

jjgames

I already have this pre-ordered on Amazon from last August. They had a free shipping offer and I knew I wanted to get this.

I love this style of game and every detail I hear about it makes me more excited.

Yes :D ! I've been greatly anticipating this since the initial unveiling, and I just can't believe I'll finally be able to get my hands on it in just a few more days. Anyway, if the critical reception so far is any indication, it should be totally worth the long wait.

Great, assuming nothing changes, that's the same day as Conduit and a week after PGA 10. I imagine Little King's Story will win out for gameplay time initially, but we will see.

Gino

I'm gonna buy this for my wife. She loves pikmin and animal crossing, of which this looks like a combination.

Not that I won't play it but I always get excited when I can find a game for her.

kizmah

It got a 7/10 in Swedish LEVEL (great mag).

This will be my first Wii-game in quite a while. With only ten days left I can fully enjoy RE5 without having to wait too long for this one. Hopefully it will be as good as it looks and thusly make up for the lack of Excitebots.

It's nice of XSEED to give me time to graduate and get a job so I can afford to buy Little King Story when it comes out.
Europe's getting this first!? What the fuck.
It's easily one of my most anticipated Wii games next to Muramasa.

justchris

June? My most anticipated game of the year isn't coming until nearly the end of June? Good thing Excitebots comes out next week to tide me over.

dani_dc

Wow, it comes out in just under two weeks?

I had no idea of this, should be just on time for me to finish P4 :D

Though I'm a bit worried about how they plan to sell the game for the general audience, I mean even here people don't look aware that the game will be out so soon.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Here's some stuff I was going to use for the thread if you would like to use any of it feel free to.

I included a little blurb about the AI system for the citizens of the town. You may want to add something like that because, at least at the beginning of development, the developers were hyping that up to be a huge part of the game. Not how sure it panned out in the end, but it's worth noting.

n1v4zr.png

323543-little_king_s_story_a005_sup.jpg

The World Map
873495-little_kings_story_artwork_0.jpg

Videos

Screenshots
little-kings-story-2008101008523061.jpg

little-kings-story-2008101008521650.jpg

little-kings-story-2009032507445335.jpg

little-kings-story-2009022210174632.jpg

According to the developers, the game has an extensive AI system. Each citizen lives their own lives. Citizens will have their own memories, reactions, and lives. They will remember their jobs, past events, and treat people differently. This was said to be an important aspect of the game to make the town seem real and full of life.

Also, the game is played completely from the buttons on the Wiimote and Nunchuck and can be played with the classic controller.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Dunno if this is old news, but I just got an email from GAME stating that Little King's Story will launch in the UK for the princely sum of £27.99.

It might be short-term or it might not, but it's got to be worth it for that!

EDIT: Added link for naysayers and miscreants.

Top Bottom