• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 Survey Hints At Multiplayer, Other Features

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Survival Horror game fansite Hell Descent just got a survey about Dead Space/Dead Space 2 that apparently hinted at multiplayer modes as well as some other features. I would read the survey, but I'm just about to play the game since my 360 finally came back and uh, I don't want to read any spoilers.

Hell Descent said:
EA has started an online survey for Dead Space with some interesting multiplayer based questions. We received the email in our inbox with the exciting “You’ve played the game…Now Tell Us What You Think” email. The survey asks what kind of modes do you enjoy, would co-op be a fun addition and if Zero-G deathmatch sounded like a fun multiplayer type. Luckily the survey made sure to ask more than just multiplayer based questions. The survey continues to ask about new function and how to improve the scariness. With these kind of surveys it good to know that EA is looking into a Dead Space sequel/prequel.
Feel free to take a stab at the survey. Who knows, maybe your participation will make the next Dead Space better in some way.

EA said:
Thanks for your interest in Dead Space! Now we want to hear from you. Please take our survey and tell us about your experiences with Dead Space.

Please click the button below to take our Dead Space survey. All of your feedback will remain confidential and will help influence the future design of Dead Space games.

Thanks for your help!

Electronic Arts
Survey. [I moved the link below]
Article Link: http://helldescent.com/ea-hints-at-possible-multiplayer-for-next-dead-space/

Survey Link: http://217.154.169.230/webprod/cgi-bin/askiaext.dll?Action=StartSurvey&T1=EmptyPos_6

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Yay! Multiplayer! That's the one feature that everyone felt was missing in the first game!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Xyphie said:
Yet another game that doesn't need a multiplayer mode.
This game needs it less than Uncharted, based on the the setup. This game would benefit more from co-op.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
WinFonda said:
There's a new meme forming here. I should think any game with multiplayer is now ruined.

I'm pretty sure GAFFers chucked their UMD of Killzone Liberation when Guerilla added the online multiplayer mode for free with a patch. Their copies of the game de-valued greatly and was no longer worth playing the game.

FFChris

Xyphie said:
Yet another game that doesn't need a multiplayer mode.

It needs a co-op mode. That'd be glorious!

Multiplayer, nah. Not straightforward MP anyway, online co-op against zombies would be great though, think Gears 2 horde mode.

Edit: Bollocks. Read 'Dead Space 2' as 'Dead Rising 2'. :lol

Mindlog

LiquidMetal14 said:
This game needs it less than Uncharted, based on the the setup. This game would benefit more from co-op.

nein

This game would benefit from Left-4-Dead.

but yeah, I loved Dead Space
bought it and never thought to myself, "I wish it had multiplayer."

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wario64 said:
I'm pretty sure GAFFers chucked their UMD of Killzone Liberation when Guerilla added the online multiplayer mode for free with a patch. Their copies of the game de-valued greatly and was no longer worth playing the game.
Don't forget Empire: Total War. That one is a ticking timebomb.

mjc

Multiplayer might be something like Mercenaries in the RE games, we have no idea.

Silly GAF and their presumptions.

Haunted

what the shit?

me said:
Well, Gears 1 had MP (pretty big part of its appeal for many people, actually), so the comparison isn't that great.

But I feel the same about Bioshock 2, I can tell you that much. I felt the same about RE5, and I will feel the same fear about Dead Space 2, if they suddenly decide to put MP into that.

And again, I'm not saying including an MP mode will necessarily lead to the SP campaign not being all it can be (although there've been precedents for that), I'm saying that I would've been happy with Uncharted staying SP - not every game with guns needs MP. I think there's an argument to be made for games with well-crafted and focused Singleplayer campaigns only.

Petrae

The problem with this trend is that devs are seemingly adding multiplayer modes to single-player games that never needed them in the first place. Not every game has to have co-op or competitive play; focus those resources back into the single-player campaign.

Yet another sign that this generation of gaming is a joke.

Dante

As great as the original was didn't it not perform too well at retail? This will prob make the overall package more attractive to some people.

Haunted

Man, I just hope it's forced co-op with a constant AI partner at your side, that added so much to RE5.

Volcynika said:
Hey, if I can run alongside someone then push them off the building....

(I'd buy it)
No weapons, no melee, just shoving people around and off buildings. :lol

Firestorm

I blame:
- reviewers for bitching about no MP in games that don't need it
- forum tards for bitching about no MP in games that it doesn't make sense in

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Haunted said:
Can't wait for Mirror's Edge deathmatch.
Actually Faith was originally part of a multiplayer game, but they fell so much in love with the character that they put her in a game of her own.

They were also originally going to have multiplayer in Mirror's Edge, but it got cut because of time and budgeting issues, so you're pretty much guaranteed it in the sequel, especially considering the original's sales.

Haunted said:
Can't wait for Mirror's Edge deathmatch.

To be realistic, I was actually disappointed that there wasn't some sort of racing mode or tag multiplayer mode in ME. That would've worked really well.

Haunted

Nirolak said:
Actually Faith was originally part of a multiplayer game, but they fell so much in love with the character that they put her in a game of her own.

They were also originally going to have multiplayer in Mirror's Edge, but it got cut because of time and budgeting issues, so you're pretty much guaranteed it in the sequel, especially considering the original's sales.
Interesting, didn't know that.

SolidSnakex said:
To be realistic, I was actually disappointed that there wasn't some sort of racing mode or tag multiplayer mode in ME. That would've worked really well.
Some sort of racing mode would actually make sense for Mirror's Edge, tbh.

It was a bad example to use. >_>

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Petrae said:
The problem with this trend is that devs are seemingly adding multiplayer modes to single-player games that never needed them in the first place. Not every game has to have co-op or competitive play; focus those resources back into the single-player campaign.

I'm waiting for the inevitable multiplayer for Castlevania, Zelda, and Final Fantasy. I mean, come on... who plays games solo anymore, right?

Yet another sign that this generation of gaming is a joke.
Actually the last three DS Castlevania games had multiplayer. It was available in Boss Rush mode.

Every game needs MP. MP or bust. Even if it just feels tacked on. I hope Heavy Rain gets some MP love too. Just imagine the endless possibilities. QTE Deathmatch, QTE Capture the Flag, QTE Search and Destroy.

Haunted

Taking the survey now. Don't worry guys, I'll stop this madness.

Hellraizer said:
Every game needs MP. MP or bust. Even if it just feels tacked on. I hope Heavy Rain gets some MP love too. Just imagine the endless possibilities. QTE Deathmatch, QTE Capture the Flag, QTE Search and Destroy.
qqphtk.gif

edit: crap, it's throwing me back to the ea.com site when I answer their questions. :(

Snaku

Banned
Enough with fucking multiplayer and coop in games that don't need it, or won't benefit from it! God dammit.

hulot

Multiplayer can be a number of different things. I'm not sure why so many assume it'll be a straight shooter mold and fear that instead of hoping for something imaginative that fits the franchise.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
If you are going to do MP, do it right and in context, something like Splinter Cell.

bestami

Awesome, awesome news. I thought ea was hesitant to make a sequal since the first one didn't do well for some reason. I can't blame ea for adding multiplayer tho. There are lots of people who won't buy games without multiplayer and i can't blame them neither. 60$ is a lot of money for ten-ish hour entertainment.

eXistor

A full-on multiplayer would be a shame. Co-op could be good as long as they don't forget about singleplayer as they did with RE5. I do hate this new trend that everything has to have multiplayer. Reviewers especially are big offenders, they detract points if a game doesn't have mp even if it's totally obvious a game doesn't need mp. In fact if a game has some kind of emphasis on mp, there's a good chance I won't ever play the game.

Top Bottom