• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did anyone else just catch the gameplay commercial for Modern Warfare 2

funcojoe

Just turned on the NBA playoffs and it went to commercial break and I turn around and see gameplay of some game and I'm thinking WTF is that cause it looks stunning and then after the quick montage I see Modern Warfare 2 with something about a new website and May 24th.

Is this old? I dunno but def the first gameplay I've seen, it showed you on a snowmobile and in a winter enviormment and some other things but that was what stuck out to me in the brief glimpse.

Guled

wtf, someone in another thread also said they saw an AC2 trailer (not gameplay), is it regular to have commercials for games 7 months in advance

Guled said:
wtf, someone in another thread also said they saw an AC2 trailer (not gameplay), is it regular to have commercials for games 7 months in advance

Either E3's going to be huge this year, or Ubisfot and Activision want to start the hype machine early for their big holiday releases. Hollywood movie trailers come out months in advance of their release, why not games? (because the games arn't finished yet)

Kifimbo

Guled said:

Maybe TV spot are cheaper because of the recession.

Ironballs

Just saw it. Impressive stuff. Cool to see the helicopter mission making a return.

Would be cool if scubadiving/ snowmobile stuff was actually playable.

Ridiculous that there is MW2 footage out there, but is nowhere to be found on the net.... yet.

Looking forward to seeing it though.

TEH-CJ

Banned
please fix the following and I will buy it day 1

- Give weapons some weight

- for the Love of god atleast put in some gore!.

- fix the stupid spawning enemies

- Improve the sound effects of the weapons. they sounded like tin cans in cod4

- Dont make it so scripted

- Give the enemies some weight

- put in some AI

mr_nothin

Banned
TEH-CJ said:
please fix the following and I will buy it day 1

- Give weapons some weight

- for the Love of god atleast put in some gore!.

- fix the stupid spawning enemies

- Improve the sound effects of the weapons. they sounded like tin cans in cod4

- Dont make it so scripted

- Give the enemies some weight

- put in some AI
Soooo Killzone 3?

it's a joke

I hope they include a lean function in the console versions. Nothing like KZ2, but enough to make me feel a little more like the elite badass that I'm supposed to be. Also, more dynamic and varied enemy behavior would be nice. The suicidal RAGE thing is wearing a bit thin.

DoomGyver

-PXG- said:
I should, shouldn't I. You know, to get some practice in before MW2.
I think MW is still $60, but it was on sale for $40 a couple months ago. They'll probably do a price drop this summer after e3

RBH

Full Recovery said:
I think MW is still $60, but it was on sale for $40 a couple months ago. They'll probably do a price drop this summer after e3
This week's Best Buy ad has the GOTY edition of MW for $40, I believe.

Dizzan

MINI Member
not the biggest fan of the first (enjoyed it but didn't splooge over it).

This looks hot though. Gives me vibes from Goldeneye.

Top Bottom