• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a way to watch the E3 conferences on an iPhone?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm current on the road from a business trip, (passenger, not driving) and I really want to catch the conferences today and tomorrow. Does anyone know if that's possible on the iPhone?

(I know technically it's possible with Orb, since Orb can stream live TV from a computer with a tuner card, but I don't have a setup that currently allows that.)

Anyway, anyone know what I can do?

UStream has an iPhone app. I assume some people may be streaming the conferences though that site. Worth a shot, I think it's free.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I checked out ustream. That actually doesn't work out because I don't have a required wifi connection.

How about this: anyone know of any really good update blogs?

Dacvak said:
I checked out ustream. That actually doesn't work out because I don't have a required wifi connection.

How about this: anyone know of any really good update blogs?
Eurogamer always has awesome live updating text during the conferences.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
VOOK said:
Maybe Twitter?

How quickly do they usually update on Twitter during E3? I'm really just looking for a liveblog I can follow from my Blackberry, but if Twitter updates frequently like a liveblog for E3 I'll use that.

Dacvak

That eurogamers feed sounds pretty good. Can I ask a favor of someone on here? Surfing on my iPhone in the middle of nowhere (Texas, atm) can be obnoxiously slow. Can anyone post a link to the eurogamer feed now or when it starts up?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
We'll be streaming the Sony and Nintendo press conferences live via Ustream. We're a featured provider on Ustream so when we go live you'll see the 1UP stream on the iPhone app. If you have a wifi that is.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
lybertyboy said:
We'll be streaming the Sony and Nintendo press conferences live via Ustream. We're a featured provider on Ustream so when we go live you'll see the 1UP stream on the iPhone app. If you have a wifi that is.

Rad, i-... oh shit, fuck 3G :(

Applesauce said:
How quickly do they usually update on Twitter during E3? I'm really just looking for a liveblog I can follow from my Blackberry, but if Twitter updates frequently like a liveblog for E3 I'll use that.
If you get a good Twitter app that auto updates, and just search for the E3 hashtag (if people use #e3 or #e32009 more remains to be seen. There'll be a flood of tweets.

Eurogamer's live blogs are the worst. They too often trade in the facts about what's going on and being shown at the conference (you know, the reason you are reading a live blog) for insipid "hilarious" commentary.

Dacvak

Pristine_Condition said:
Eurogamer's live blogs are the worst. They too often trade in the facts about what's going on and being shown at the conference (you know, the reason you are reading a live blog) for insipid "hilarious" commentary.
what would you recommend, then?

Dacvak said:
what would you recommend, then?

joysuq's live blog is actually not bad, historically. Twitter is going to be the thing though.

Really, unless GAF goes into 500 mode, the official GAF thread is the bombdiggidy. You don't need anything else. You'll get the best quotes from all the feeds, all the Tweets, and all the live blogs, all in one GAFTACULAR place.

Amon37

Pristine_Condition said:
joysuq's live blog is actually not bad, historically. Twitter is going to be the thing though.

Really, unless GAF goes into 500 mode, the official GAF thread is the bombdiggidy. You don't need anything else. You'll get the best quotes from all the feeds, all the Tweets, and all the live blogs, all in one GAFTACULAR place.

Except that the GAF thread will get one piece of info then 500 worthless replies, so using mobile sometimes it's hard to wade through the crap to get to the facts.

Amon37 said:
Except that the GAF thread will get one piece of info then 500 worthless replies, so using mobile sometimes it's hard to wade through the crap to get to the facts.

First off, with the iPhone web app for NeoGAF, (link posted just above this post) browsing GAF is almost just as easy on the iPhone as it is on anything else.

As far as content goes, the mods fix this problem easily. They could set up a thread for just compiling live blog coverage, Tweets, ect. With a "no commentary" rule.

Have another thread where GAFers can share their comments.

DangerStepp

lybertyboy said:
Thanks, Big Fun. I'll be watching.

bdouble

Look on live blogs. Pick your journalist and read it. Don't worry the videos will be around once you get back on a computer.

Top Bottom