• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA viral marketing exposed by sharp-eyed internet denizens

It seems that gaming giant EA, (that's Electronic Anti-Christ for those of you church folk) has angered the religious denizens of LA with its sinfully spectacular title, Dante's Inferno. The 'Go to Hell' tagline seems to the main focus of debate, with angry protesters warning ignorant gamers to steer clear of the title, regarding it as 'tainted' and 'evil.'

"We are on a crusade to stop the blasphemous glorification of HELL and its minions as presented by Dante's Inferno. The ever decaying youth and slovenly adults who engage with Dante's Inferno are a victim of our society's pointless need to flirt with Satan and his lustful campaign to corrupt human souls...We say NO. We say inferNO."

http://www.gamesabyss.com/member/blog/?m=Blue_Bomber&blogid=46

I'm sorry if this news is old, the search function is disabled.

Foil

I had no interest in Dante's Inferno until reading that.

Now I have the urge to buy this just for spite.

ass(2).jpg

Do you rike it...?

Salazar

If their religion posits a perfect afterlife, can't they accept imperfections (such as silly videogames) in this one ?

Bernbaum

Some of their slogans are actually quite effective.

'EA = Electronic Antichrist'

I might just use that one later. Thanks, religious nutjobs!

I really hate it when religious people say our culture is decaying because its straying away from religion, but the truth is our culture is expanding and maturing because we turn to logic and science over religion.

Gravijah

Ecchi-Time7 said:
I really hate it when religious people say our culture is decaying because its straying away from religion, but the truth is our culture is expanding and maturing because we turn to logic and science over religion.

Logic, science and religion. I have ascended above you! Nyaaah!

I don't buy for a minute that the sort of people that would be upset by this would A.) know that the game exisits and B.) that it would be at E3 and that E3 is this week

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
reminds me of the uproar over that old doom poster which said something like, "Go to hell. You deserve it."

Fantastical

Death Prophet
As mentioned in another thread - look at the way they write "EA" with the "E" from the logo.

This is all EA's doing.

Also on the "Praystation" sign it's like they said "We forgot to put a logo on this one! Better add it on the bottom!".

I'm not really surprised. Gaming's getting so popular that all beliefs usually get angry over nearly anything. Even atheist's (I.E. Spore).

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Protest/controversy = lots and lots of press.

This will get picked up by some small news outlets and they won't realize that its completely viral marketing.

Top Bottom