• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 Season 8 Thread of "Kobe do you polish yo rings"?

Smokey

Back again for season 8. The final showdown in everybody's favorite game, NBA2K9.

200533b.jpg
200533b.jpg
200533b.jpg

Players/XBL Tag

Smokey/dboythagr8
tracy_mcgrady.jpg

Viakado aka viamadenko aka vidako / viakado
dwight_howard_funny022208104255.gif

CB3 / coldblooded33
vujacic2.jpg

Charsace aka charizard / charsace
Carmelo-Anthony---Slam-Dunk-Over-Jerome-Williams-Photograph-C12188613.jpg

ph33nix / pheeniks
902-4951117.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

Diddybop / ussjme
STEPHEN_JACKSON_THUGLIEST_1.jpg

ecnal/ slashdc
Calderon_400_071214.jpg

Birdman02 / Birdman
nowitzki-drunk.jpg

daw840 / DarkQberto
glendavis.jpg

DCX / dcx gaf
knicks080414_1_560.jpg

Shawn/professaskillz
lebron-crying-250x300.jpg

baby-crying%20jpg.jpg

blackace / Blackace88
gregoden.jpg

kirbybreezy / fivering
gilbert-arenas-dancing.jpg

- / HEY LOW 2
kevin-durant.jpg

**If you happen to be reading this and want to play send me a PM**

I'll update the OP tomorrow with name of the league, rules, settings etc. Can't do anything through the 360 as of now thanks to XBL being down.

In the meantime you guys can post what team you all want, secondary teams etc. This will be a much smaller league than ones previous, and will be da final showdown before 2k10 gets here (or if they don't get their shit together Live 10).

Anonymous said:
but we all know cb3 wont make the playoffs if he gets the Lakers. :/

gun.jpg

gun.jpg

IT'S ON BITCHES!!

-----

GAF Season 8 has been created

League website:
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/index.cfm?l=152033&cgb=false

Trades can be proposed through the site, stats can be checked, etc.
-----

Admin :
Smokey / dboythagr8

Co-admins:
ph33nix / pheeniks
CB3 / Coldblooded33

Settings

Name: GAF Season 8
Difficulty : Hall of Fame
Length : 20 games
Players : 14
Playoffs : Best of 7
# teams for Playoffs : 8
Injuries : ON

Trade deadline is Game 10, or week 2.

I will send all of you invites through NBA2K9. Accept the invite, and then you are to input the glorious password which I will PM to all of you.

Rules:

-50 points in paint is the limit or if you score over 100pts your PIP cannot exceed 50% of your total points. If either of these happen it's a AUTO LOSS. You are allowed a extra 10 PIP for every OT period.

-Manual defense is to be played. If you're playing man to man you need to obviously guard man with the ball, if you are running zone you need to take control of your defender closest to the ball handler.

*I understand that sometimes manual D on certain moves is ineffective. Auto defense is OK in certain situations however controlling your Center on defense etc., while you let the CPU do the work for you is unacceptable.*

-Double teams are allowed

-Do not pick up your man until he has crossed the half court line. Full court pressure is allowed when are down by 10+ more points. It is allowed at anytime in the 4th quarter.

-Pump fake/draw foul move is legit.

The season is 20 games. We play 5 games a week which means the season will last about a month. FIVE GAMES PER WEEK. We need to try and stick to this because we all know Madden launches in August and I don't want this league to interfere too much with that.

That's about it, now it's your turn to sign in.

READ. It is going to happen. If you have a beef with somebody about their style of play or if you think they are abusing something etc., take it up with that person before coming to me or the other co-admins. We're all adults (except for viacaca). If that doesn't work then come to me. This is muy importante! kthnx.

Smokey

viakado said:
i choose you lakers!
if cb3 beats me in best out of 3, i choose the magic.

why do you want the magic?

sound like your drooling over the prospect of trading superman

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ph33nix said:
i will trade U for Outlaw!

oh yeah and are we doing a fantasy draft?

You have the heat....yeah...sorry... you don't have anything I want :(

forgot:

Blackace88 (live)

viakado said:
fuck that, blackace. i'll give you a nice package for roy.

bullshit. i can offer dwyane wade (unless we are doing a draft...which i would prefer! more room for vikadoing our teams!)

Blackace

viakado said:
fuck that, blackace. i'll give you a nice package for roy.

Fuck that, you can't have my High School's 2nd best player (after me of course)

Blackace said:
You have the heat....yeah...sorry... you don't have anything I want :(

forgot:

Blackace88 (live)

just take haslem and put LMA at center. after all, oden's going to foul out in the first quarter anyways.

Smokey said:
I think Kirby may have them. He's had them for the past 2 seasons.

motherfucker i haven't even created the league yet
first come first serve. if we reserved teams for someone else. this league would take forever to start.

anyways, blackace, when i beat cb3 to claim my lakers. i'll offer you kobe for roy +filler.

Smokey

viakado said:
first come first serve. if we reserved teams for someone else. this league would take forever to start.

anyways, blackace, when i beat cb3 to claim my lakers. i'll offer you kobe for roy +filler.

actually no it won't madenko. not everybody is on GAF constantly (for shame). He's had them for the past 2 seasons. If he doesn't want them Ace can have the young pups.

Smokey

I know only 4 people have come into the thread so far ( i did create it kind of late), but since this is the last season for 2k9 would you guys be up for a fantasy draft?

yay or nay

ecnal

in as craptors :D

having a hard time accessing gaf for some reason.

edit: i'm also in for a fantasy draft.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nay

And my vote counts as 3

It never works out right. We'd have to limit the amount og good players on teams. no one will be able to draft at the same time so someone will be left out. just too many issues

daw840

Gah. Bullshit. I want my nuggets god damn it. The only team in the NBA I am actually a fan of. If Chars won't come off them, I guess I'll take the Celts again though.

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
Nay

And my vote counts as 3

It never works out right. We'd have to limit the amount og good players on teams. no one will be able to draft at the same time so someone will be left out. just too many issues
2-90s, 5-80s-5- 70s. Done

They can pre rank if they can't make it just like any other fantasy draft ever created!

DCX

you guys know you wanna fantasy draft. this is vikadoing our teams from the get go
and yeah, the system dcx/smokey came up with is good.

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
you guys know you wanna fantasy draft. this is vikadoing our teams from the get go
and yeah, the system dcx/smokey came up with is good.
Here's the kicker. No Trades! Fantasy is picking the best team we can based on how we play. There will be no need to trade players. I welcome this challenge as my entire team will have quick releases and shoot threes. Pringles Ball for real!

DCX

Birdman02

I'll take my Mavericks (and probably regret it later).

My vote is against a fantasy draft. Other than the GAF league, I've been in all fantasy draft leagues. I'd like to run with a real team again.

charsace

g23 and blackace I am going to tell you something you need to know. Something that you should take to heart. Never forget what I am about to tell you because it is the greatest, most important rule of this league.

Respect Charsace or be oppressed.

Remember this and live on. Forget it or choose not to follow it then you should prepare yourself.

DCX said:
Here's the kicker. No Trades! Fantasy is picking the best team we can based on how we play. There will be no need to trade players. I welcome this challenge as my entire team will have quick releases and shoot threes. Pringles Ball for real!

DCX

No trades?

GTFO!

Smokey

Ya I think we'll just do a normal league.

This is the last one and some people really want to play with their favorite squad.

Smokey said:
Ya I think we'll just do a normal league.

This is the last one and some people really want to play with their favorite squad.

sounds fine. let's create this shit and get the trades going! i mean...games.

DCX

DCX
charsace said:
g23 and blackace I am going to tell you something you need to know. Something that you should take to heart. Never forget what I am about to tell you because it is the greatest, most important rule of this league.

Remember this and live on. Forget it or choose not to follow it then you should prepare yourself.
Boo this man.gif I tore him a new asshole and he took his balls, and left...in a crying rage! :D

DCX

Blackace

charsace said:

If we didn't change your tag I wouldn't even know who you are..

Smokey

GAF Season 8 has been created

League website:
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/index.cfm?l=152033&cgb=false

Trades can be proposed through the site, stats can be checked, etc.

Settings

Name: GAF Season 8
Difficulty : Hall of Fame
Length : 20 games
Players : 14
Playoffs : Best of 7
# teams for Playoffs : 8
Injuries : ON

Trade deadline is Game 10, or week 2.

I will send all of you invites through NBA2K9. Accept the invite, and then you are to input the glorious password which I will PM to all of you.

Rules:

-50 points in paint is the limit or if you score over 100pts your PIP cannot exceed 50% of your total points. If either of these happen it's a AUTO LOSS.

-Manual defense is to be played. If you're playing man to man you need to obviously guard man with the ball, if you are running zone you need to take control of your defender closest to the ball handler.

*I understand that sometimes manual D on certain moves is ineffective. Auto defense is OK in certain situations however controlling your Center on defense etc., while you let the CPU do the work for you is unacceptable.*

-Double teams are allowed

-Do not pick up your man until he has crossed the half court line. Full court pressure is allowed when are down by 10+ more points. It is allowed at anytime in the 4th quarter.

-Pump fake/draw foul move is legit.

The season is 20 games. We play 5 games a week which means the season will last about a month. FIVE GAMES PER WEEK. We need to try and stick to this because we all know Madden launches in August and I don't want this league to interfere too much with that.

That's about it, now it's your turn to sign in.

Smokey

Found a way to send invites, so they are all sent out through 2k9.

Through 2k9/Leagues/Invitations/enter password I pmd you

Top Bottom