• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who else is going to The Gathering of the Juggalos this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

GOTJ is Insane Clown Posse's annual music festival. I've always wanted to go but it seemed either the money wasn't there or the time wasn't. This year I'm finally attending though! The whole things stretches over a massive 4 days (Thursday - Sunday), making it probably the longest summer music festival in the USA. I was getting a lot of shit from work over having to take off 5-6 days to travel and attend, so I just got tired of the static and told them I was quitting. Who cares, it was a crappy job anyway. It's given me plenty of time to put together travel arrangements and get a cool camping setup.

The lineup this year is pretty solid. ICP is there of course along with all the bands on their label. There is also Ice Cube, Kottonmouth Kings, Scarface, and some other pretty recent stuff. They've also got GWAR -- never seen them before but I heard it's an awesome show and their theatrics are second only to ICP.

Aside from the music, the thing I am probably most looking forward to is that they have whole carnival put together, with classic rides like Tempest, Tilt-A-Whirl, Gravitron and stuff like that. I stopped going to state/county fairs years ago because it just got too dirty and white-trashy, so I'm looking forward to doing all those rides in a much better atmosphere. They also have helicopter rides, which should be pretty damned sweet. I'm of course hoping to hook up with some hot Juggalettes, but we'll see how things go *fingers crossed*

If anyone is interested and close to the location (Cave-In-Rock, Illinois), they haven't sold out of tickets yet, and will be selling more of them at the door. There's a short infomercial detailing all the cool stuff I didn't mention (motocross, the wrestling league, the comedy tent, Violent J's BBQ Blast, etc):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNe11E_KiAk#t=2m15s

Official Website:

http://www.juggalogathering.com/gotj09.html

AlexMogil

You are a braver man then I am. And I am not talking about wanting to go to she show, Chalk this one up to a learning experience.

ZeoVGM

Banned
border said:
GOTJ is Insane Clown Posse's annual music festival. I've always wanted to go but it seemed either the money wasn't there or the time wasn't. This year I'm finally attending though! The whole things stretches over a massive 4 days (Thursday - Sunday), making it probably the longest summer music festival in the USA. I was getting a lot of shit from work over having to take off 5-6 days to travel and attend, so I just got tired of the static and told them I was quitting. Who cares, it was a crappy job anyway. It's given me plenty of time to put together travel arrangements and get a cool camping setup.

You quit your job because they didn't want you taking off 5-6 days to see ICP?

You're an idiot. Unless you have VACATION DAYS, no job would let you do that.

Also, ICP is trailer trash untalented bullshit.

ccarver3

Holy Crap I didn't know they still even had these.

And no. I have to return some video tapes.

Oh and as for GWAR's theatrics being second to ICP , that doesn't work.

Two very different leagues there.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Holy fuck this festival is in the middle of butt rape deep southern Illinois.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
border said:
They've also got GWAR -- never seen them before but I heard it's an awesome show and their theatrics are second only to ICP.
ICP wishes their live show was as epic as GWAR's. And GWAR's been doing it for like 20 years.

Anyway, what in the fuck, Scarface is there?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
NameGenerated said:
What the hell is GWAR doing there?

Better yet, what the fuck is ICE CUBE doing there?

nomg RONG said:

ICP fans are dolts. Film at 11.

Rocwell

border said:
Aside from the music, the thing I am probably most looking forward to is that they have whole carnival put together, with classic rides like Tempest, Tilt-A-Whirl, Gravitron and stuff like that. I stopped going to state/county fairs years ago because it just got too dirty and white-trashy, so I'm looking forward to doing all those rides in a much better atmosphere. They also have helicopter rides, which should be pretty damned sweet. I'm of course hoping to hook up with some hot Juggalettes, but we'll see how things go *fingers crossed*
There is so much wrong with this post, I don't even know what to say. :lol

gdt

I have a feeling this thread will be awesome.

Need to see the OP's next post to see...

Oh and

threadbackfire.

agrajag

Banned
Lambtron said:
ICP wishes their live show was as epic as GWAR's. And GWAR's been doing it for like 20 years.

GWAR was one of the awesomest concert experiences I've ever attended. When I saw them the country was in the midst of the Terry Schiavo scandal, and they had a prosthetic drooling Terry Schiavo monster come out on stage, it was awesome!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
288yul3.gif

you cannot be serious.

Having lived in Michigan most of my life, I have to say that Juggalos are pure human trash and deserve to burn in fucking hell.

border

omg rite said:

You're an idiot. Unless you have VACATION DAYS, no job would let you do that.

Well we are open 7 days a week and you get 2 days off each week, with the cycle restarting each Saturday. So all I really needed was Thurs/Friday off for one week, then Sat/Sun off for the next week.....plus to have the days before/after off for travel time. Didn't seem like an unreasonable request and there's plenty of staff to cover things while I'm gone, but apparently it was too much hassle. Oh well, they'll miss me.

border said:
Well we are open 7 days a week and you get 2 days off each week, with the cycle restarting each Saturday. So all I really needed was Thurs/Friday off for one week, then Sat/Sun off for the next week.....plus to have the days before/after off for travel time. Didn't seem like an unreasonable request and there's plenty of staff to cover things while I'm gone, but apparently it was too much hassle. Oh well, they'll miss me.

No they won't. You're a Juggalo.

gdt

WTF dude.

You're supposed to be combative and naive about GAF's hate of ICP in your second post.

You got the ball rolling wrong dude.

I watched the infomercial a couple weeks ago, it was like a train wreck. I didn't want to keep watching, but I couldn't help myself.

I recently lived with a self proclaimed Juggalo for a year and a half... needless to say it was the worst year and a half of my life!

Ill be there yo. Hit me up and we can paint each others' faces and spray faygo on each other while idolizing old men named "shaggy 2 dope" and "butterbean". It's gonna be off the chain juggabro!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I watched the advertisement. It was seizure inducing

Some highlight
Magicians and hypnotists walking around this bitch
Oddball Wrestling, Featuring gruesome bloody death matches
Bloodmania III/Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, Roddy Roddy Piper. We now know where dead wrestlers go.
Crazy Helicopter rides
And a giant water slide
What about the carnival rides, The zipper, the tilt-a-world
Ninjas juggling fire
Upchuck has really stepped up his stage this year with Pauly Shore
JCW tryouts
FREE CHEESEBURGERS ALL DAY LONG

2642sdt.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
border said:

Okay, obviously a joke thread. Move along, nothing to see here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Lambtron said:
So is Linkin Park, so get off your high horse.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

No, sorry. ICP is on a level of lack of talent only Brokencyde and Milli Vanilli share. Even trying to say Linkin Park lacks talent like ICP does is simply factually incorrect (Mike Shinoda is a very talented rapper, for example).

I'll never argue they're one of the most talented bands around, but please don't try to compare them to ICP. It's embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom