• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need help finding old shareware title: Dogz, not the Ubisoft kind

OnPoint

When we got our first PC way back in... jeeze, I don't know, 1997, we had this freeware/shareware game on it called 'Dogz.' It was a top-down shooter in the vein of the SNES Jurrassic Park. Here's an example of JP:

2s0xwtj.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igk02yl8b-k

It was set in what I remember being some sort of warehouse or office complex. The floors and walls were gray. I believe you had to rescue hostages, but I'm not entirely sure, it was over 10 years ago and my memory is foggy.

Anyone who can help me track this down would be doing me a great favor. Neither my brother nor myself can seem to find this game, as any searches we perform bring up, well, you know. I figure our searches bring nothing up, maybe the super-sleuths here either remember it, or have a better way of tracking it down.

OnPoint

I remember spending a good deal of time on it between Myst and Diablo sessions.

God, those were the days haha

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh man, I've been looking for this forever too. Have a lot of great memories of playing it back in the Win98 days. I believe it had a sequel too.

Thanks, Leon!

OnPoint

Seraphis Cain said:
Oh man, I've been looking for this forever too. Have a lot of great memories of playing it back in the Win98 days. I believe it had a sequel too.

Thanks, Leon!

Someone wanna try and track that down next?

OnPoint

Leonsito said:
Actually, I think that C-Dogs (the one I posted) is the sequel to Cyberdogs.

I guess maybe it was just labeled as Dogz on our list for whatever reason, but I can't for the life of me remember it being called that.

So Cyberdogs = the first
& C-Dogs = the sequel

Top Bottom