• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dog turns on family

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexi

Banned
A FAMILY dog that mauled two young girls and their grandmother has been trapped inside their southwestern Sydney home until a dog catcher can subdue the animal.

Police and paramedics arrived to a home in Nelson Street, Fairfield, at about 4.45pm (AEDT) today following reports of a dog attack.

A police spokesman said the pet Staffordshire terrier turned on three family members and attacked them.

A 10-year-old girl suffered multiple bite marks and lacerations and a possible fractured arm.

Her 12-year-old sister and grandmother were bitten several times by the dog and suffered a series of cuts.

All three victims were treated at the scene and taken to Fairfield Hospital in a stable condition.

The dog has been trapped inside the family home until a dog catcher arrives to secure the animal and take it away, police said.

Police will liaise with the local council to determine whether the dog should be put down.

Score one up for CatGAF

Unfortunately I know what this is like. My dog is 13 yrs. and is starting to go senile. He's bitten me a few times (luckily he has no more teeth left otherwise I would have had to get stitches). When I get enough money together I'm going to have him put down.

Always-honest said:
what kind of dog?
Lol I'm not sure if you're replying to me but I'll answer anyway.

Not sure. We got him from some people my sister knew. They were complete idiots too. The Vets had told them not to let their dog have more litters (she had had too many already and it was causing her pain). From what I hear the dog had another litter after my dog was born cause those morons left their gate open.

Anyways... I think he's got some Jack Russel in him as he's about the same size and shape as one. Though he's got a longer tail and is gold colored with white bits.

Edit: I'll post a pic of him in the dog thread.

jp+shyamalan+signs+mel+gibson+Signs-13.jpg

Majmun

I thought this thread was about a dog being sexy and turning the family on.

But this is very bad news.

Brannon

I suppose if you didn't have the money for an official put-down, you could always buy a box of sleeping pills and grind them into the dog food and f...

No, actually no. That would be a bad idea. Not sure how dogs respond to sleeping pills.

chedabob

NekoFever said:
I, for one, am shocked. I've never heard of one of those becoming violent.

There's been quite a few cases of them biting people, although I've never heard of any cases where they haven't been provoked.

daw840

Man, that's terrible. I know what it's like having a dog that's your best friend start to go crazy because he is just too old and doesn't know whats going on. My parents bought a pure-bred boxer puppy when I was about 6 months old and I grew up with him. When he got to be about 12 years old, very old for a boxer, he didn't recognize anyone anymore and would growl and snap whenever we got near him. We had to put him down shortly after that. Such a sad way to see him go... :(

Dabanton

Second said:
I thought this thread was about a dog being sexy and turning the family on.

But this is very bad news.

Excellent. :lol

I just had imagery of a staff with lipstick and suspenders on

SUPREME1

Banned
Henchmen21 said:
Unfortunately I know what this is like. My dog is 13 yrs. and is starting to go senile. He's bitten me a few times (luckily he has no more teeth left otherwise I would have had to get stitches). When I get enough money together I'm going to have him put down.

Most vets will make an exception and will do it for free if you explain to them that you have no money and that your dog is senile and is suffering.

At worst, you can have it done for cheap with an option to pay in monthly installments.

Vets love animals, that's why they're in teh business.

daw840

Winterblink said:
You mean how the dog is trying to put its family to sleep painlessly?

I don't even know why I try to have conversations with dumb ass people like you but here goes.

It's a fucking animal. It's probably a pretty old dog and if it was a loving pet like is stated in the article, then something has snapped inside its head. I really hate comparing pets to humans, but if your grandpa had Alzheimers or dementia and suddenly attacked you and tried to kill you, would you want your grandpa to be shot? The news story isn't clear, but IF the dog was a loving family pet for quite some time, and suddenly just snapped, then something went wrong in its head. Some sort of problem, probably a tumor, brain disease, or something. I'm not a vet, so I can't really pinpoint the problem, but it's not the dog's fault. The behavior of dogs is almost entirely predicated upon the actions of it's human owners, UNLESS there is a serious physical problem with the dog. Go watch Cesar Milan if you don't believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom