• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conan O' Brien going on tour this Spring, THR confirms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairhome

Source

THR said:
Conan O’Brien is hitting the road.
Sources tell me the great comic and talk show host will hit the road beginning in mid-April. The first stop will be on the West Coast, probably San Diego or Seattle. Details are being worked out now.
The tour will not start in Phoenix, despite a TMZ report today. Indeed, my sources say that the Phoenix date announced by TMZ was from overzealous promoter. “It might not even happen now,” my source says.
O’Brien will likely have sidekick Andy Richter with him on the dates. Plans are also being worked out now for a live band, hopefully with Max Weinberg. But that part is still being sorted out, says my source.
The national tour will of course eventually include Los Angeles, where Jay Leno is located, and O’Brien’s stomping grounds of New York. I’m also told right now that several promoters including AEG Live and Live Nation are involved.
More to come shortly … but talk about a hot ticket. This will be THE event of the spring, without a doubt …

Tobor

Washington DC would be close enough to me.

What a perfect way to maintain his momentum and not violate his NBC deal. Brilliant.

Penguin

Come on New York City... yes I know there isn't a chance in hell he won't come here, but wanted to join the thread. :D

numble

Predictions: There will be a big screen and they'll show a recorded segment of him going to local hotspots doing wacky things and being an outsider that doesn't know about things. Maybe he will interview local celebrities. I really hope there are no Kirstie Alley jokes.

somesang

I'm sure he'll visit the one person he's following on twitter, who lives in MI. Meaning, I have to get tickets.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Could easily see him taking this to college campuses in the spring, then at big arenas during the summer.

It will be an absolute nightmare trying to get tickets to this. Could probably easily charge $60 a head and still sell out

I'm still pissed and >( I missed Conan when he came to my high school, which was his, Brookline High School in I think 2004 or 2005 :/

here's hoping he comes to Boston :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom