• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 CG Trailer for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Teetris said:
Man if next gen don't look like that (at least on PC hardware) then fail

You mean what? Real time simulations of cloth on a crowd? Realistic global illuminations? Hairs?

Yeah, you're gonna be disappointed.

Thematically very different from the tone that AC1 and 2 set. It seems way more action and all-out if the trailer is an indication of the overall tone and feel that Brotherhood could provide. It could be a different and interesting spin on the established game, if they went in a more all out action direction.

I haven't played any of the AC games yet - on my to-do list. Is it worth going back to pick up the first one or should I just jump in with the second?

hamchan

At first I was iffy about this game but I realised that if this game doesn't affect the development and release of AC3 then i'm all for the milking.

I don't care about Ezio since his story ended perfectly in AC2 but make the gameplay fun and i'm in.

Genesis Knight said:
I haven't played any of the AC games yet - on my to-do list. Is it worth going back to pick up the first one or should I just jump in with the second?

I say just jump in on the second and read a summary of the first game's story.

flsh

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
What a shitty trailer.

What happened to trying to be stealthy heh
Ezio is grabbing attention while the others are completely invisible. While I agree these games are fantastic with stealth, if they add a good combat system I wouldn't mind it if it's more action oriented this time.
One thing I would love is for costumes. Imagine doing a mission like this scene, only you are dressed in red and being invisible until it's too late. Super armor is nice, but the thing about assassination is that it's quick and efficient. Ezio doesn't need a strong armor, he needs costumes to be invisible (IIRC there was a stint like it in AC2).
Oh and they have to fix the weapon balance. The best way to attack is to equip the dagger constantly because of its speed. That's ridiculous. If you aren't being quick about it, you need a sword or something else with range and weight to it.

DrBo42

I really hope they can pull it off but the loss of Patrice worries me. Hunting a player down in a Roman market would be beyond awesome if done correctly.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like it could be fun, i'll probably give it a go.

Some of the CG there is amazing. Incredible lighting and animation. Shame about the faces though.

Still, if AC3 is as good as AC2 I'm in!

hiryu

I hope this has a really good single player part to it. I'm not sure why you would release a multiplayer focused sequel to two single player games that sold millions and millions of copies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hiryu said:
I hope this has a really good single player part to it. I'm not sure why you would release a multiplayer focused sequel to two single player games that sold millions and millions of copies.

Supposedly, the SP component offers around 15 hours of gameplay. Not much at all for an AC title, so I'll probably hold off on the game for a while.

SamuraiX-

Wow. Awesome trailered. Even though it was CG, still loved it.

Games like this and Peace Walker are really pushing me to buy a PSP. >_<

Blimblim

The Inside Track
SamuraiX- said:
Wow. Awesome trailered. Even though it was CG, still loved it.

Games like this and Peace Walker are really pushing me to buy a PSP. >_<
Brotherhood is a PS3/360/PC title...

jett

D-Member
Genesis Knight said:
AC 2's with the Justice track was unstoppable.

Well...yeah. I only meant among CG ones. The real-time trailer of AC1 with Lonely Soul was also really awesome. Oh man I think I'm gonna suffer through another Ubisoft conference just to see ACB gameplay. :|

Blader

JaseC said:
Supposedly, the SP component offers around 15 hours of gameplay. Not much at all for an AC title, so I'll probably hold off on the game for a while.

That's about as long as the first two games were.

Teetris said:
Man if next gen don't look like that (at least on PC hardware) then fail

id Tech 6, but I don't think that level of quality will happen with crowds that large. Definitely the city, and the models will look that good, but I don't think next gen GPUs will be able to handle ray tracing that many characters.

JaseC

Blader5489 said:
That's about as long as the first two games were.

I got around double that from AC1, doing everything bar flag collecting. My total play time for AC2 ended up being just over 46 hours after doing everything including feather collecting and treasure hunting, although, to be fair, that number also includes the handful of hours spent standing around the Villa waiting for money to come in so I could upgrade the place.

There's also the fact to consider that developers are always generous when it comes to estimations of campaign lengths. I wouldn't be surprised to see the average completion length to be in the ballpark of 10-12 hours.

Excellent music.

I love how Ezio is making his way through his target, with the invisible assistance.

I don't like it after he got surrounded because rythme and path to assassination is lost for a dull face to face confrontation.

Blader

JaseC said:
I got around double that from AC1, doing everything bar flag collecting. My total play time for AC2 ended up being just over 46 hours after doing everything including feather collecting and treasure hunting, although, to be fair, that number also includes the handful of hours spent standing around the Villa waiting for money to come in so I could upgrade the place.

Ah, well I was just talking about completing the story, not doing every little thing available.

Now I wonder if Ubi's 15 hours remark was about just the story, or everything there is in the game. :lol

JaseC

Blader5489 said:
Ah, well I was just talking about completing the story, not doing every little thing available.

Ah, yeah, then 15-20 hours would be about right.

Now I wonder if Ubi's 15 hours remark was about just the story, or everything there is in the game. :lol

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter. :lol

Concept17

UnluckyKate said:
Excellent music.

I love how Ezio is making his way through his target, with the invisible assistance.

I don't like it after he got surrounded because rythme and path to assassination is lost for a dull face to face confrontation.

Yeah, I think its more of an example of what you'll be doing in the game. A handful of players all working together to take down a target.

JaseC said:
Ah, yeah, that'd be about right.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter. :lol

AC2 had a great length to it. I can't imagine a multiplayer game only having 15 hours of gameplay. But who knows.

Concept17 said:
Yeah, I think its more of an example of what you'll be doing in the game. A handful of players all working together to take down a target.

AC2 had a great length to it. I can't imagine a multiplayer game only having 15 hours of gameplay. But who knows.

Yes of course. CG trailers are meant to introduce all the features of a game/sequel. This one is not different.

I love how the render shiny armor. I love the decorative parterns on Ezio arms and shoulder silver plates. I also love the one on the personnal guard of the vilain and its armors itself.

JaseC

Concept17 said:

AC2 also had an additional year of development time... unless, of course, Brotherhood was developed in parallel. Ubisoft pushing out a 15-hour game set in Rome, as well as an MP mode, within a year sounds doable to me.

Top Bottom