• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Government: Lock Up Wesley Snipes Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Man get arrested for not paying taxes, man pays bail to not be in jail, man still doesn't pay taxes, government wants to put said man back in jail for not paying taxes.

Am I missing something? Is the government going to liquidate his assists to get there money, or just let it go?

mollipen

justjohn said:
You really are fucking creepy. Do you know that?

Seriously though, please don't use the "trannies" word, if you are going to feel the need to use that particular group of people as a joke.

shidoshi said:
Seriously though, please don't use the "trannies" word, if you are going to feel the need to use that particular group of people as a joke.

I don't know what the history of that tag is but it oughta be changed.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I never understood how celebrities could mismanage their money so poorly. And see the problem with Snipes is that he wasn't paying the taxes from when he was actually pulling in some cash. His career is a major slump now, so no way he has the money to pay this off AND he won't be getting the roles that would allow him to get the money to pay this off.

I'm up to the task of writing a script for a Passenger 57 sequel. Having Snipes as a grizzled post 9/11 Air Marshall, it pretty much writes itself.

EDIT: Honestly, even though a lot of people in their 20s know Wesley better for his role as Blade, I think his career truly peaked in the mid to late 90s. He was getting some decent leading roles in cheesy action blockbusters back then. It's actually once he started doing the Blade movies that his career tapered off...now he is in "Straight to DVD" Hell. Few actors pull themselves out of there.

Chris R

Let him make Blade III: Twilight where he goes and kills a shitload of emo vamps and take all the profits from that as payment for his back taxes :D Throwing him in jail does nobody any good (how the hell are they going to get some money back from the fool with his ass rottin in jail?)

justjohn said:
Why are you getting angry at me for? Dude does wank to trannies hence the tag. Vent your anger at the mod who taught he liked trannies.

I'm angry at you for using slurs over and over like a petulant child after being asked to stop.

justjohn said:
Why are you getting angry at me for? Dude does wank to trannies hence the tag. Vent your anger at the mod who taught he liked trannies.
Which part of the tag is about trannies? I see nothing to warrant such a suspicion on your part. If you're referring to ganguro it's just an extreme style of makeup.

Calcaneus

Kilgore Trout said:
Which part of the tag is about trannies? I see nothing to warrant such a suspicion on your part. If you're refering to ganguro it's just an extreme style of makeup.
He's talking about Mashing's tag.

Grizzlyjin said:
I'm up to the task of writing a script for a Passenger 57 sequel. Having Snipes as a grizzled post 9/11 Air Marshall, it pretty much writes itself.

I'd rent it!

EDIT: Honestly, even though a lot of people in their 20s know Wesley better for his role as Blade, I think his career truly peaked in the mid to late 90s. He was getting some decent leading roles in cheesy action blockbusters back then. It's actually once he started doing the Blade movies that his career tapered off...now he is in "Straight to DVD" Hell. Few actors pull themselves out of there.

I dunno, I believe Blade is his most successful leading vehicle. Somebody else can crunch the numbers on the internets, but I think I'm right.

Also Blade is responsible for kicking off the Marvel movie machine. Before Blade Marvel comic movies couldn't catch a break.

Duki

Banned
RiskyChris said:
I'm angry at you for using slurs over and over like a petulant child after being asked to stop.
a colloquial shortening of a word isnt automatically a slur just because its referring to some sort of minority

mollipen

justjohn said:

Whether or not that tag should be in play here on GAF (and I really would like to hope maybe a mod will re-consider it), you have now, multiple times, in a thread having absolutely nothing to do with any topic regarding anyone transgender, taken the thread off-topic in order to make a joke that only has one purpose: to specifically be insulting to a particular group of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom