• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob Marley's "Legends" as Rock Band DLC 9/21

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I figure this constitutes a 'big deal'.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/09/15/confirmed-bob-marleys-legend-coming-to-rock-band/

Bob Marley fans may be wondering whether the rumor we posted earlier this week about "Legend" coming to "Rock Band" as DLC would turn out to be true. Well, good news, as we just received the official confirmation from the "Rock Band" folks that all thirteen tracks from the classic record are coming to the "Rock Band" music store on September 21.

The full track list, which will be available for download on September 21 (US) and September 22 (Europe) on Wii, 360 and PS3, is as follows:

• "Is This Love" +
• "No Woman No Cry" +
• "Could You Be Loved"
• "Three Little Birds" +
• "Buffalo Soldier"
• "Stir It Up"
• "One Love/People Get Ready"
• "I Shot the Sheriff"
• "Waiting in Vain" +
• "Redemption Song"
• "Satisfy My Soul" +
• "Exodus"
• "Jamming"

(While all of the tracks will be available in the standard "Rock Band" music score, the tracks marked with a "+" are also available in the "LEGO Rock Band" music score, which only contains music appropriate for all-ages.)

Here's a rundown of the pricing structure for the songs:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points) per song
$19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1,080 Microsoft Points) for the complete "Legend" album

As stated, this was rumored for a little bit because VH1 was running little teases about it. MTV's confirming it, and they own Harmonix, so everyone's calling it legit.

And a reminder, "Get Up, Stand Up" from this collection is absent since it's in Rock Band 3.

These won't have keys, harmonies, or Pro guitar/bass, since they're not RB3 tracks. Pro drums has been around forever, and pro guitar/bass could get patched in later on.

You now have enough information to celebrate/complain.

verdures

Does this sound fun to play? Definitely. Is "Legend" still a bunch of watered down, AM Radio-style mixes of great songs? Yep.

Kafel

Banned
Rock Band DLC really is impressive.

OT : This made me think I haven't heard of DLC for Guitar Hero in ages. Activision still releases songs that way ?

The Faceless Master said:
so, how much is RB2 with instruments nowadays?
You can find full instrument bundles for quite cheap. Definitely under $100 and as low as $50 is you're lucky.

Nice DLC announcement too. Still on my self-imposed Rock Band hiatus until RB3 though.

Top Bottom