• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle 3DS Trailer [Minigame Vids Post 20]

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks for all the 3DS videos on Youtube neo, many people have trouble with the website copies and it's really helpful that you mirror them!

SalsaShark said:
I dont like the fact that both Layton and Luke are now cellshaded 3D models.
Yeah, this will take some time to get used to. Could be pretty cool if they are well animated, though (which they don't seem to be at the moment).

Other than that, yeah, there can never be enough Layton.

Salsa

slaughterking said:
Yeah, this will take some time to get used to. Could be pretty cool if they are well animated, though (which they don't seem to be at the moment).

Other than that, yeah, there can never be enough Layton.

I just need some 2D art on my 3DS games man, not seeing enough of that. Paper Mario isnt gonna cut it.

I know 3D is all the rage now, given, well.. the actual 3D effect, but still :(

I love it.. love it! love it! love it!

After finishing the third Professor Layton game, I really can't wait to get stuck in to some more Layton!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
You're the best neo.

Darknessbear said:
So would the 3DS be able to show the Layton cinematics at a higher resolution?
That would probably depend on the video codec used and the compression methods.

duckroll

My biggest concern from the video is that it looks for certain that because of the nature of the 3DS, the top screen will be the main screen now, and the touch screen is used as some sort of touchpad to navigate the top screen. Not my favorite sort of control scheme... :/

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
duckroll said:
My biggest concern from the video is that it looks for certain that because of the nature of the 3DS, the top screen will be the main screen now, and the touch screen is used as some sort of touchpad to navigate the top screen. Not my favorite sort of control scheme... :/

They've done this in nintendogs too to an even bigger extreme. The actual 'graphics' are up on the top screen, with a silhouette of them on the bottom screen that you touch. Which actually moves a cursor around on the top screen.

It has the advantage of touch interaction without the stylus or your finger occluding the graphics, but it sort of makes the second screen a lot more redundant from a display point of view.

I don't know how the movie fits into the games storys. I know it's set after the fourth game, but I have no idea if or how it is relevant to what happens in the new trilogy.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Looks good. Although I'm curious how the twist at the end this time is going to explain away people turning into stone in front of their very eyes.

Ramenman

More Layton is always good, especially after the last one.

However I will reserve judgement on the changes they've made to make it "3D friendly" until I've played the game.

Changing characters and some environments to 3D... hmmmm....

I just hope we won't lose the graphical appeal of the series to 3D gimmickery.

I'm as huge a 3D nut as you can get, but this is not like the series could benefit from it or anything, so I just hope it doesn't destroy it. Also, 2D cutscenes made 3D... Well...

Urg, the one game that makes me want a 3DS and it probably won't come out here until... this Winter or next Spring, at the earliest. Darn you Nintendo for region-locking the 3DS :( I do love how much more elaborate the puzzles are, from the animation to how some of them are basically mini games that I could see playing over and over again. Please Nintendo, expedite the localization of Specter's Flute and this title.

Foffy

Banned
Crazypanda_85 said:
Urg, the one game that makes me want a 3DS and it probably won't come out here until... this Winter or next Spring, at the earliest. Darn you Nintendo for region-locking the 3DS :( I do love how much more elaborate the puzzles are, from the animation to how some of them are basically mini games that I could see playing over and over again. Please Nintendo, expedite the localization of Specter's Flute and this title.

Wasn't there English footage of the game at E3?

Foffy

Banned
flawfuls said:
I think so, but the last DS hasn't been released outside of Japan and I doubt this will come out before that.

If that's the plan I don't feel too bad. I'd rather wait for a game than be gimped out of one entirely in terms of localizations.

Top Bottom