• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock |OT| Of GAF Doesn't Care About This Game

X3xJo.jpg

And so do I

For info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero:_Warriors_of_Rock

I just searched GAF for some feedback about this game but found out there's no OT about it. So there you go.

Import the Metallica tracks into Warriors of Rock for Free here (Limited time)
http://hub.guitarhero.com/metallicaimport/

Thx Oli for the banner

MMaRsu

Banned
Wow great OP.

But seriously, why would someone purchase this if you have RB2?

Serious question by the way :). Tried the demo a while ago and it was pretty shitty.

bryehn

The setlist isn't very good and I'm just starting Dead Rising 2. I'll just wait for DJ Hero 2 and my RB3 Keyboard bundle in a few weeks.

Might rent GH6 just to get back into practice.

Tingfrmnongpradu said:
Awesome OP!
The amount of effort that went into it probably matches the amount of effort that goes into the average GH game.

Nice.

GH's songlist doesn't do anything for me, (it's too narrowly focused in comparison to Rock Band) nor does the metal fantasy story mode.

Grecco

The animations on Bohemian Rhapsody are worth the price of admission alone. GH Warriors of Rock is fantastic so far.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
This game has been getting poor reviews online. I'll probably get it off Goozex some time next year, play through Scumbag Blues and trade it off to someone else.

Wizman23

Banned
Still PISSED OFF that fucking Guitar Hero got Money For Nothing from Dire Straits instead of Rockband 3. I want to play that on Pro Mode guitar for realz in RB3......not with 5 color coded buttons and a strum bar.

MMaRsu

Banned
Wizman23 said:
Still PISSED OFF that fucking Guitar Hero got Money For Nothing from Dire Straits instead of Rockband 3. I want to play that on Pro Mode guitar for realz in RB3......not with 5 color coded buttons and a strum bar.

Now all of a sudden it's stupid to play on a 5 color coded button with strum bar?

LOL ok

Fantasy Final said:
Additionally, head-banging, guitar-shredding rockers who buy Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock between September 28 and October 5 will be able to import these tracks from their copy of Guitar Hero Metallica for free*.
always an asterisk, you know?
*The free Guitar Hero Metallica import offer will only be available to US Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners.

MoFuzz

SapientWolf said:
I thought this was going to be a guitar peripheral powered action game. I am disappoint.
You mean like a Donkey Konga with Guitar Hero instruments? There's an idea...Get on that shit Activision!

Then saturate the market with rehashes and exploit it to death within 10 months of its inception.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
MoFuzz said:
You mean like a Donkey Konga with Guitar Hero instruments? There's an idea...Get on that shit Activision!

Then saturate the market with rehashes and exploit it to death within 10 months of its inception.
Or a now-gen Mr. Bones.

Grecco

Wizman23 said:

I know man. We need 124 buttons instead and six strings to strum.

jcutner

i rented it cause i figured what the hell

Kind of neat though, you can use your 360 avatar as one of the playable characters.

downside though, since i did the dash beta update, my avatar gear is no longer on (my forza helmet) so... lame :(

game hasn't changed at all

but, looking forward to RB3 with the Keytar

Tears For Fears said:
Yeah, the music genre is dead. Shame too. RB3 will spice it up a bit, but the price is going to kill off any potential it has.
I wouldn't say that, DJ Hero's actually pretty awesome. I think Activision should abandon GH and put all their eggs into the DJH basket.

As an AFI and Rush fan, I would like to have this to play Dancing through Sunday (AFI) and the entirety of 2112 (the song). Unfortunately I saw a video of DTS and it looked like ass. I hate the look of GH compared to RB. Yuck.

And I'm not talking about graphics. I mean the entire presentation.

Plaguefox

In this game's quick play mode, can you select "2112" and play the entire sequence without the narrative interruptions like I've seen on YouTube?

Ridley327

Plaguefox said:
In this game's quick play mode, can you select "2112" and play the entire sequence without the narrative interruptions like I've seen on YouTube?
Not really; you have to create a setlist with each section of the song, so you'll still have pauses. On the plus side, the narration is exclusive to Quest mode, so you won't have to worry about it there.

is this happening to anyone here at gaf?

Activision has acknowledged that "some consumers" who purchased Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock are experiencing a disc read issue and the company is taking "immediate action" to rectify the situation. Folks who are having a problem should call Activision's customer service center at 800-225-6588. The publisher states that it will "offer existing customers free replacement discs in exchange for any purchased defective disc."

Joystiq learned of the issue earlier this week and contacted Activision after several reports and one retail tipster told us that his store had received "40 returns" in one day.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/30/activision-taking-immediate-action-on-guitar-hero-warriors-of/

tmarques

Not interested in the game itself, but I'm looking for a new guitar and drum kit. I thought this thread might contain useful impressions. I thought wrong.

AmericanNinja said:
I only played for about 20 minutes thus far so no, but that's a tentative no right now.
tmarques said:
Not interested in the game itself, but I'm looking for a new guitar and drum kit. I thought this thread might contain useful impressions. I thought wrong.
The guitar works great, and it's a lot quieter than the last one. I've seen reports of connection issues on the PS3 but I haven't had any yet.

Top Bottom