• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crazy Taxi XBLA/PSN coming November 23/24

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/13/crazy-taxi-re-releasing-on-november-24/#more-122954

Crazy Taxi will re-release on XBLA and PSN on November 24 in Europe, Sega said this morning, with the classic hitting the US PSN on November 23.

It’ll cost you 800 Microsoft points or $9.99/£6.29/€7.99/AU$12.95.

Updates include 720p graphics and a 16:9 aspect ratio. Leaderboards and such have also been added.

Crazy Taxi involves driving from point to point, delivering fares. The “crazy” part involves jumping off things, crashing into things and going quickly. It’s mental.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Good to see it getting widescreen support. Is this a less lazy port than Sonic Adventure? I didn't buy that because, well, I don't like Sonic Adventure.

I don't care about the licenses though, I just care about the game. It's still fun, so it's going to be worth it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hey, it lands on my birthday. Might get!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
StarEye said:
Good to see it getting widescreen support. Is this a less lazy port than Sonic Adventure? I didn't buy that because, well, I don't like Sonic Adventure.

I don't care about the licenses though, I just care about the game. It's still fun, so it's going to be worth it.

Well, less lazy in the sense this this port is actually in widescreen.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
theultimo said:
Offspring or no Offspring? If its like Crazy Taxi PSP with none of the music, Pass.

No Offspring due to licenses.

Also no Pizza Hut and Tower Records.

bjork

I really need to quit being poor so I can get a console and hook this stuff up. I love CT. Gina 4 lyfe.

ULTROS!

theultimo said:
They Kept KFC though? Gotta take people to get Double Downs Pronto!

No KFC too.

theultimo

ULTROS! said:
No KFC too.
CkLLs.jpg

Rather play Crazy Taxi 3 I guess :\

fernoca said:
Nope.
Go rip an Offspring CD and play it while you play the game. :p
Good point. I do have the offspring and Bad religion CDs from this game..

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
They should just find some new companies for product placement. I'm sure Papa Johns would be open to offers.

ULTROS!

Thinking about it... Maybe I'll just wait for Space Channel 5 if ever that appears on PSN.

theultimo

ULTROS! said:
Thinking about it... Maybe I'll just wait for Space Channel 5 if ever that appear on PSN.
If its anything like these ports, expect the Mexican Flyer Music to be removed, and instead put in De-Lites Music.

Just hoping for phantasy star ep1 and 2 to be added, Chu chu rocket would be cool as well (remember something being said that you had to vote for it on SEGA's website or something)

Debating if I should get this or not. Crazy Taxi 1 is one of my favorite games, but it really needs the original soundtrack. Guess there's always custom playlists, but its still disappointing.

Dang, it's been like one SEGA game a month for me for the past few months. I can't wait to rank in online. I remember tearing up the original DC release.

Would have bought again if they had added some type of online mode. I always thought CT would have been cool with multiple players racing through out the city, even though you probably wouldn't see them most of the time. They could have added a mode where you would race to pick up fares or something, would have been fun.

Suzzopher

2&2 said:
This is probably the only game I won't buy because it's lacking real-world in-game advertising.

Pretty much the same here. Weirdly the advertising and music made the game. I had the PSP version and when I saw that the product placement and music had changed, I turned it off and sold it on ebay.

DonMigs85

Is this based off the horribly unoptimized PC version?
Back in the day the best version to get was for the Cube.

I hope they got rid of the pop-up. If you haven't played it in 10 years then YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

Also, SEGA? PSO next please.

vazel

Banned
The OST only had like two songs that looped over and over didn't it? I don't mind it being gone as I remember it getting on my nerves. I will miss the in-game advertising.

Glad to see 720p and widescreen. Hopefully all future Dreamcast ports are done this way.

DonMigs85

So what are the generic names for the various establishments now?
Still, you gotta admit Sega really was kinda crazy back in the day - they actually paid all those companies to put them in the game, not the other way around like things are done today.

vazel said:
The OST only had like two songs that looped over and over didn't it? I don't mind it being gone as I remember it getting on my nerves. I will miss the in-game advertising.

Glad to see 720p and widescreen. Hopefully all future Dreamcast ports are done this way.
Agreed. 720p and widescreen should be minimum standards for future ports at the very least. Hopefully SA1 was the only resolution lemon they give us.

Wehrwolf

Aaron Strife said:
ya ya ya ya ya

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
Yeah!!!!
Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

Fun game either way, but it's disappointing that this version of the game doesn't have the first thing many people (including me) think of when they think Crazy Taxi.

Yeah, you can get close but it's not quite the same using a custom soundtrack (they did arrange the tunes for the game).

SlaughterX said:
Would have bought again if they had added some type of online mode. I always thought CT would have been cool with multiple players racing through out the city, even though you probably wouldn't see them most of the time. They could have added a mode where you would race to pick up fares or something, would have been fun.

Ok, this is a great idea. I don't think it would take too much to implement. Sega, why do you not have people putting these ideas into your games? Do you not like MONEY?!?!

Also, custom soundtracks for all future versions of this game are required.

ya ya ya ya ya

Edit:

Suzzopher said:
Weirdly the advertising and music made the game.

This needs to be restated. I think this is one of the few games, where there was a specific environment the game had. Even the cheesy advertising helped the game.

Pepto said:
No Offspring = no sale.

LOL what? This was one of the major complaints from most people that played the game.

In my opinion they suit the game just fine but if you are doing a CT marathon I tended to turn off the in game music and played my own. At least this time around you can just play your own sountrack in game. So if you are an Offspring/Bad Religion fan you can just loop the two songs from the original. XD

DonMigs85 said:
Is this based off the horribly unoptimized PC version?
Back in the day the best version to get was for the Cube.
What do you think? I'd say yes it's the pc version since the sonic adventure port was based on the pc shit fest too.

Amazing that this time sega found the resolution code and changed it to 720p, why could they not do that for sonic adventure?

If the PSP version supported custom soundtracks at a software level, not a machine level, then maybe they could do the same with the PSN/360 version. What I used to call integrated custom soundtracks.

We know that this is still possible on 360/PS3 thanks to wrestling games that have custom entrance music for characters, if Sega are really nice, they may have the function in the game to set up a playlist and then those songs will play every time you play the game, without having to go into the X-mediabar/dashboard. It's a long shot, but it is possible.

The in game advertising is a shame because it made locations memorable. But I know the 2 cities in Crazy Taxi 1 so well that I don't really care too much. I'll play it a couple of times and learn the new shops and that'll be that.

I am glad it is the Dreamcast/PC version we're getting though. I was worried it would be a straight arcade port, similar to Outrun Online Arcade, which lacks the challenge modes from the other console versions of the game. But Eurogamer says we're getting the Arcade City, Original City and the Crazy Box all for our 800 points.

I hope it plays well. Crazy Taxi is up there in my top 3 games of all time.

DonMigs85

Diablohead said:
What do you think? I'd say yes it's the pc version since the sonic adventure port was based on the pc shit fest too.

Amazing that this time sega found the resolution code and changed it to 720p, why could they not do that for sonic adventure?
Let's wait and make sure first - even if it is widescreen, what if it's just upscaled to 720p as opposed to true 720p?

DonMigs85 said:
Let's wait and make sure first - even if it is widescreen, what if it's just upscaled to 720p as opposed to true 720p?
I don't remember but did sega say sonic adventure was 720p? :lol

Top Bottom