• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly Cooper Collection coming out at November 9

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/10/28/the-sly-collection-sneaks-onto-ps3-november-9th/

It seems like E3 was just yesterday and I was rolling out details on The Sly Collection to you along with some screenshots. This time I am back with not only more screenshots but a very cool new video put together by my good friends at SCEA that re-introduces the story behind Sly Cooper and his gang. But, most of all, I’m here to let you know when you can purchase The Sly Collection: the game ships just under 2 weeks from now on November 9 for the totally sweet price of $39.99!

The Sly Collection is a single Blu-ray disc that includes all 3 of the original Sly Cooper games: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2: Band of Thieves, and Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves. All three games have been completely remastered to play back in widescreen HD and 3D.

But wait; there’s more! We are also including a set of 4 custom minigames playable with the new PlayStation Move in full HD and 3D. We wanted to add a little more multiplayer fun to the Sly Collection and with the advent of the PlayStation Move motion controller we figured this was a perfect opportunity. There are 4 minigames on the disk, one each for Sly, Bentley, Murray, and Carmelita. Each minigame captures an aspect of the character and presents it in a way that’s great fun to play with the PlayStation Move, but you can also enjoy with your DualShock controller. And of course like everything else in The Sly Collection you can play it all in 3D! (cue echo effect)

eznark

Banned
I've had this on my calendar for months. How the hell did I get it there if it's just being announced today?!?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
On my birthday... :D

edit: wow lots of us with the same birthday :lol

Fixed1979

I'll sadly admit I never played any of these, I do have some memory of playing a demo of what I think is the first one. Looking foward to getting this.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It's near my birthday too actually so day one and probably the last PS3 game I'll get this year.

Evolved1

Seda said:
Will buy, even though I've beaten sly 2 and sly 3 to death.

But now they have trophies...

Yes I'm actually excited about that

Ezalc

I can't wait, Sly Cooper games are amazing. Many good times were had when I played these games so long ago. Many bad times were had on that one Bentley stage...the horrors.

Peff

recklessmind said:
But now they have trophies...

Yes I'm actually excited about that

Good luck with the Master Thief Sprints
devil.gif

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I bought the first game but never got to play it. I found it cheap, and got it for my import PS2 back in the days (import for me is domistic for most of you lot), which I eventually sold. I still have the game, but now I have no way to play it (same with a bunch of other games).

Having just recently finished the main story of Ratchet and Clank (ACiT), I want more platforming and this certainly has been on my to-play list for years now. I'm really happy for this HD remaster.

Now, if only Sega would remaster the Yakuza games as well (I still haven't played Yakuza 2, and that again has lead to me not getting Yakuza 3 yet either).

EDIT: bad wording

Thank goodness I saw this thread, I was thinking it was coming out November 16th. I have it pre-ordered on Amazon, so it's good to know when it's coming out. Can't wait. :)

Merovin

Looks the majority of GAF were born in November, myself included. :lol
Anyway, will probably pick this up, as I missed out first time round.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
OH SHIT THATS ALMOST NOW

this is probably my most wanted remaining release (and PS3 exclusive) in 2010, can't fuckin wait

shwimpy

So the platinum trophy for Sly 3 hints at another Sly.

Platinum Trophy:
A Real Honor
Unlock every trophy in the last adventure of Sly Cooper... The last?

God, I hope Sucker Punch works on Sly 4 after inFAMOUS 2 goes gold.

dankir

You know I didn't think much of the first Sly Cooper game or play the other 2, but what the hell 40 bucks and it's in HD. I'm down.

Evolved1

shwimpy said:

I just want them to announce it... when I'm platforming in Infamous, all I can think is how much I'd rather be playing as Sly.

Their characters and creativity was so much better in the Sly series. How all the missions were structured around one main heist was so superior to the cookie-cutter-throw-away premise of their super hero game... I miss classic Sucker Punch.

shwimpy said:

I'm pretty sure Sly 4 has at least been in pre-production for some time. The Sly Collection may be Sony testing the waters or building interest in the franchise before they announce it, which makes it more of a pity that they don't seem to be doing much to promote the collection. It's meant to be out by Christmas in Europe but I don't think there's an official date yet, although Amazon and play.com are both saying December 3rd.

Myriadis

Isn't there also a Prince Of Persia (Sands Triology) Collection at the same day?

Never really played the Sly series,but I played a demo of Sly 2 from the R&C...3? game.Liked it.

ULTROS!

1 more week. :D

Myriadis said:
Isn't there also a Prince Of Persia (Sands Triology) Collection at the same day?

Never really played the Sly series,but I played a demo of Sly 2 from the R&C...3? game.Liked it.

PoP Trilogy is coming out on November 19 I believe.

Suzzopher

So looking forward to going through these again in HD. Sly 2 is the best by far, so much character and creativity in one title. The Sly games are easily Sony's best character platformer series:D

Tucah

you speak so well
My most wanted game on any system, of any franchise, is Sly 4. I'll be buying this just to show my support for the series.

Top Bottom