• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: @GOG: DRM-Free, bonuses. @Steam: cloud saves, 'chieves. $45 Digital CE

V_Ben

Banned
Thread hijack. OP updated.

Release date: May 17th, 2011, simultaneous worldwide.

Digital:

All digital Premium Editions include:

-Making-of: All the cinematic materials related to game - trailers, developer diaries, gameplay footage, interviews and making-of exclusive video.
-Soundtrack: Audio files with in-game music.
-World Map: A map of the game's world.
-Game Guide: The Witcher 2 strategy guide for both novice and experienced role-playing fans.
-Game Manual: A rulebook and interface explanation to help you get started.
-Pamphlet: A representation of one of the in-game items.
-Papercrafts: Two papercraft dolls - Geralt and one random character for collectors.

GOG Premium Edition ($45):

http://www.gog.com/en/page/tw2_preorder/

-DRM-free release on GOG.com
-Preorder now, pay at release
-Access to all goodies for preorderers now
-NOT one worldwide price (for legal reasons), but compensation for the higher price with store credit for Europeans (EU customers get $16 store credit and UK customers get $6)
-One free game for preorderers (Out of the following: Gothic 2 Gold, Realms of Arkania 1 + 2, Realms of Arkania 3, Divine Divinity, and Beyond Divinity)
-Exclusive digital Artbook

Steam Premium Edition ($45):

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20920/

-Cloud saves
-Achievements

Retail:

Retail Premium Edition ($50):

-Making-of Video DVD
-Official Game Soundtrack
-World Map
-Game Manual and Game Guide
-Pamphlet and Cursed Coin
-Vendor-specific bonus DLC

Retail Collector's Edition ($130):

http://buy.thewitcher.com/index.php

Retail Premium extras and additionally:

-The Vernon Roche Commando Jacket (unique CE-only in-game item)
-200 page artbook
-Geralt Sculpture
-Temerian Coin
-Poker Dice set with bag
-3 Stickers
-Playing Cards and Rulebook
-Two Papercraft Figures + Bonus
-Storage box

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.vg247.com/2010/11/16/witcher-ii-confirmed-for-may-17-2011-release/

thewitcher2logo.jpg

CD Projekt RED has announced a release date for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.

Along with a release date, the firm has promised more “hot news” coming on November 18 during the CD Projekt Conference.

“We’ve decided to move the launch date back a few weeks to afford us more time to polish the game,” aid Adam Badowski, project lead at CD Projekt RED. “Of course, we know that players would like to get the game as soon as possible, so we hope that they will forgive us! We strongly believe that the extra time spent polishing the title will be well worth the wait”.

Apparently, at the conference later on this week, there will be more detailed information about the approaching worldwide launch of the title, as well as the Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 2. Moreover, CD Projekt RED will present pre-order information from all around the world.

During the conference, the the developers will explain their philosophy with regards to DRM implementation in their titles and they will let us know how it influenced the edition of the game.

The conference will be transmitted online and will start November the 18th at 18:30 CET (9:30 PST) on the official Facebook page for the game.

Damn, I'm gonna need a new computer sooner rather than later.

Can't wait! The Witcher was quite possibly one of the best WRPG's I've ever played and I've played all of the classics but Baldur's Gate series (yes I know about the GoG release).

It does the genre so right. It's the perfect blend of linearity and freedom.

Sounds like a good day to me.

I'll probably get this day one. I still have to finish the Witcher though. The combat kinda annoyed me, but it's an excellent game otherwise. Hopefully they've improved that in the sequel.

DaBuddaDa

sweetvar26 said:
What? I thought they announced it for consoles as well.
They haven't confirmed it and have said they're looking into it. If it is confirmed, it's very doubtful it will be released the same time as the PC version.

Kraftwerk

fuck yeah! The Witcher was one of the only games released in the past few years that i actually cared about and played.I'm definitely gonna get a new pc for this one.Wanna play it in 100000x100000 resolution all max settings D:< !!

coopolon

How awesome would it be if they released it on gog with no drm...I know, I know, the fact that the first game isn't on gog makes that highly unlikely but a guy can dream. This may be the game that gets me to upgrade.

eznark

Banned
Kind of early to "confirm" a release in my eyes. LOVE the timing though. Such a perfect time to drop the best RPG in years.

Salaadin

That seems to far away but itll be well worth it in the end. Hopefully we get a demo beforehand just to try it out.

DennisK4 said:
How poetically appropriate.
i really hope they making a decent buck even selling that at price. I also hope in the back of their minds each one of those people are a potential witcher 2 customer.

Minsc

Gold Member
Not sure if I think it's earlier or later than I expected! Happy with the date though, feared much worse.

Definitely day 1! Probably even a steam CE if there's something nice!

Minsc

Gold Member
Just noticed that part from the OP about getting more info this thursday about what the CE will have, and how the DRM implementation influenced the game (?). Nice!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I wouldn't mind it to be Steamworks, if only so I don't need to hold onto a save to make sure I have one for importing w/ Witcher 3.

Minsc

Gold Member
EviLore said:
I wouldn't mind it to be Steamworks, if only so I don't need to hold onto a save to make sure I have one for importing w/ Witcher 3.

I think that'd be a first (maybe even for consoles too)? Never heard of a game putting your saves in the cloud to later be used in importing to a sequel, neat concept.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Dope, I'm fully ready for this game. I'll probably have crossfire by then as well so my rig will devour this game. Hell yes. :D

thefil

Save data? I'm not sure I still have my save for The Witcher :(. Oh well, I'm sure it won't severely hurt the experience. :D

canova said:
this one coming to console?

sweeeeeeettttttt!

Definitely not in 2011, and only maybe in 2012.

This game is the only reason why I haven't upgraded my graphics card yet. I want to make sure I can run it with everything at max.

matmanx1

I want the details on the Collector's Edition. It's already up for pre-order at several retailers for $129 and I want to know what's going to be in it that will command that kind of premium. I'm a big Witcher fan but it better be excellent for me to consider it at that price.

I'm a little disappointed that I will have to wait until May to play this glorious game but the upside is it gives me more time to plan out and save for a big time PC upgrade.

epmode

My 3.5 year old computer has served me well. I can still get playable framerates even at 2560x1600... But I want this shit to blaze. Upgrade inc.

Top Bottom