• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What kids (6-12) want! - Survey.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
11-23-10-interest-in-buying-1.jpg

Engadget.

Sorry, but no. No iPad for you son, shit is expensive.

Also:

11-23-10-interest-in-buying-2.jpg

kadotsu

Banned
It's surprising that without any advertisment and almost no mainstream media exposure the 3DS managed to score this high. This thing is going to be a beast!

Nicktals

Banned
This is all they're interested in? Or just electronic hardware they're interested in?

EDIT: Also, wtf...interest in buying for 6-12? I know America is fat and spoiled but what fucking 8 year old is going to be buying an ipad?

Ceebs

I know I am sorely out of touch with kids...but 21% for a Smartphone and 20% for an iPhone? What does a 10 year old need a smartphone for?

Red

ntropy said:
yeah, it's so WEIRD to play in arcades as a kid!

i wanted one too
Don't know why I read Neo Geo as Neo Geo pocket, but I did. Neo Geo I can get behind.

Lonely1 said:
My mom sold all my G.I. Joes after USA invaded Panama. :(
My mom wouldn't let me have GI Joes, or watch the show, and she wouldn't buy me Contra on the NES because she thought it was about the Iran-Contra affair.

Aaron

Nicktals said:
This is all they're interested in? Or just electronic hardware they're interested in?

EDIT: Also, wtf...interest in buying for 6-12? I know America is fat and spoiled but what fucking 8 year old is going to be buying an ipad?
I'm pretty sure it would be for the whole family. Don't be so selfish, dude.

IrishNinja

1zv8kzq.jpg

edit:

Neuromancer said:
My mom wouldn't let me have GI Joes, or watch the show, and she wouldn't buy me Contra on the NES because she thought it was about the Iran-Contra affair.

:lol damn.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i'm surprised there's any interest in e-readers at those ages

Metalic Sand said:
Kids want expensive things. How is this new?
you're missing the point. we all know kids want expensive things, but what's interesting is exactly WHAT they want and in what order.

PasteyMF

Shig said:
Hey, we all wanted Neo-Geos as kids, too.
Too true. Kids these days with their games costing $10 and downloading them whenever, wherever they want.
Back then, we had gaming carts we had to SHOVE into our consoles AND they cost $100 a pop... and we damn well WISHED WE COULD DO IT. *shakes cane*

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Neuromancer said:
...and she wouldn't buy me Contra on the NES because she thought it was about the Iran-Contra affair.
Conversely I was seriously disappointed when I found out the Iran-Contra affair wasn't about aliens.

Lunchbox

Banned
should've been

Food
Shelter
Books

fucking spoiled brats, dont know how hard life is yet with their ipads and iphones. future hipsters

Nicktals

Banned
Aaron said:
I'm pretty sure it would be for the whole family. Don't be so selfish, dude.

uh...what?

Yeah, a fucking 6 year old is going to put an iPad or DS on his list so that he can share it with his brothers and his mom. Really?

-Eddman-

Ok, I can understand the iPad (shiny, new, expensive, looks like a giant, electronic board-game), but what the hell? an iPhone/iPod for a 6-12 year old? I didn't know kids these days needed to use a cell phone or listening to music for fun...

Christmas is about getting fun stuff to... you know, HAVING FUN! Massive facepalm at kids.

Nicktals

Banned
B.K. said:
Kids are too spoiled these days. Let them play with a Slinky like I did when I was a kid!

Uphill...Both ways.

And not a real Slinky either, but a SlinkCo (tm) brand slinking device. Made from paperclips and rubber cement. If your kid wasn't poking his eyes out, he was at least getting high.

Thoooooose were the days.

It's nice to want things.

I really don't see the magic with the iPad :0 I guess I gotta try it and see if it's really that cool.

Ipad. Blu-ray player. A fucking bluray player. A kid wants this. The fuck.

Also, I thought Kinect was in higher demand amongst kids than the Move? Huh?

SwiftSketcher said:
Ipad. Blu-ray player. A fucking bluray player. A kid wants this. The fuck.

Also, I thought Kinect was in higher demand amongst kids than the Move? Huh?

Gotta watch some Toy Story 3 in HD right?

Stuff like iPad or e-reader is lol, but I can see 12 year olds starting to want phones and iPods. DSs are no brainers.

Monocle

The PS3 is at the top of the pile if you count all the kids who want a blu-ray player.
Dern youngins, it won't hurt you to play a game now and again! I bet those blu-ray loving mongrels also like to order burgers without lettuce or bread.

Top Bottom