• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! |OT|

Volcynika

zRPLT.jpg

Summary

"WHO THE HELL STOLE MY PANTIES!?"

The master of the Prinny Squad, Demon Lord Etna's, panties were stolen!?

If the Prinnies don't find her panties by tomorrow morning, she'll turn them into panties! And that's how Operation Panties, a black ops mission assigned to 1000 Prinnies, began...!

Basic Info

• Platform -- PlayStation Portable
  • Genre -- Side-scrolling action
  • Release Dates -- January 11th, 2011 (US / UMD & PSN) / December 15th, 2010 (EU / PSN ONLY) / March 25th, 2010 (JP)
  • Website -- Official Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! Website
  • MSRP -- $29.99
  • Publisher -- NIS America
  • ESRB -- T for Teen

Boxart

dWHJl.jpg

Features

• Asagi Wars: A whole new main character and story (6 stages) is available after you complete the main game!
  • Multiple Difficulties: Standard mode allows you to take up to 3 hits before losing a life, giving mere mortals a chance to beat the game; Hell’s Finest mode means one hit equals instant death; and Baby mode is newly added to Prinny 2 with less enemies and traps for little babies!
  • 1000 Prinnies: Players will get 1000 lives to beat this tough action side-scroller!
  • Lift & Throw: Prinnies are able to lift and throw objects on the battlefield.
  • Vehicles: Steal and control powerful vehicles, like tanks and UFOs.
  • Hip Pound: Jump and pound enemies to stun them. Then you can inflict multiple combo attacks for extra damage.
  • Break Mode: If you charge up enough energy you can execute powerful skills to wipe out enemies using Break Mode or even have a brief taste of invincibility. The more enemies you hack up, the longer this mode lasts.

Images

Videos

Reviews

RpgN

Looks like more of the same, but I'm curious about that entire new content after you beat the game. Totally enjoyed the first one from what I've played, will probably get this too.

Yasae

Banned
Ain't got no panties on!

Take them panties off
Take them panties off
Take them panties off

On the dance floooor

At first I wasn't going to buy the second one based on reports of it being even harder than the first. I barley beat the first game and when I finally did my arm felt like it was going to fall off from how fast you had to attack the last boss.

I'll buy this because of baby mode. I LOVE Etna/Prinny humor.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Probably the best story this gen.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hag said:
Call of Prinny: Panties Ops

Call of Prinny: Pantie Raids.

I'm not sure if I want this one, Prinny 1 was annoying enough with the old-old-school jumping mechanics and one-hit deaths to where I have had more than enough of it. :lol

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Beating the first game and all the bosses along the way was literally a lifetime achievement award for myself.

Never forget Sir Sweet v2. That boss literally took physical dexterity to win. I'll never forget having to pause the game about half way through and relax so that I could mash Square more! :lol I remember having elbow pain after that final boss and just feeling exhausted. This game is sooo good, I can't wait for Prinny 2! GOTY 2011

I'm not sure if I want this one, Prinny 1 was annoying enough with the old-old-school jumping mechanics and one-hit deaths to where I have had more than enough of it.

Ya know everyone bitched about the jump arc in the first game, but really I can't imagine the game without it. It just worked... after about an hour or so of playing you felt like you always knew where you were going to land and it worked. Plus if you ever needed to stop in mid-air you learned to just hip pound to bring yourself down immediately.

... Prinny and Half Minute Hero may be my favorite PSP and Portable games of all time. I'm super happy both are getting a sequel. They will probably the reason I keep my PSP forever.

Crystalkoen

Sword Familiar said:
Why wouldn't they want to be her panties? :O

Is she a trap?

No, she's not a trap, but I would imagine that a Prinny would like to stay a living Prinny, and not be skinned (and subsequently not be living) just so that Etna can have some Prinny Panties.

I have very fond memories of the first game, and was just talking to a friend last night wondering when the second game would be releasing (we had been talking about how a Prinny-voiced ringtone would be pretty cool, geekiness aside). Glad to know that answer is now "Next week". I think in preparation, I'll go back and try to beat the first game's bonus boss. Best I ever managed was about 50% >.>

Jazzem

Adam Prime said:
BYa know everyone bitched about the jump arc in the first game, but really I can't imagine the game without it. It just worked... after about an hour or so of playing you felt like you always knew where you were going to land and it worked. Plus if you ever needed to stop in mid-air you learned to just hip pound to bring yourself down immediately.

... Prinny and Half Minute Hero may be my favorite PSP and Portable games of all time. I'm super happy both are getting a sequel. They will probably the reason I keep my PSP forever.

I've gotta agree entirely, having bought Prinny recently* (and not being able to play it or the PSP for a month since my bro has it with him at his work away from home ;_;). It's a very tightly designed game, the levels are clearly made with the controls in mind so I can't agree with any of the complaints about them at all, and heck they feel natural to me too. I can't believe some of the reviews the games got just because of the jumping arc; a 4 from EDGE? :/

Also have to agree on Prinny and Half Minute Hero, which funnily enough are probably the two games I've enjoyed the most for my Christmas-present PSP so far. What a great (and unfairly maligned) system :D

*Take note EU PSP owners; Prinny 1 is only £8 on the PSN store! I swear it was about £30 when I saw it on there a year or so back...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, I hope the game is at least good, the trailer makes me thing they did a poor job with the script translation and VA.

Barrett2

Never picked up the first because it seemed too hard. Was excited to hear this one had a baby mode. If so, i'll pick it up.

Kifimbo

Ya know everyone bitched about the jump arc in the first game, but really I can't imagine the game without it. It just worked... after about an hour or so of playing you felt like you always knew where you were going to land and it worked. Plus if you ever needed to stop in mid-air you learned to just hip pound to bring yourself down immediately.

After playing Super Meat Boy, also a hard game but with really tight controls, Prinny 2 is really frustrating and almost unplayable (for me) because the jump arc is really awful. Didn't play the first Prinny btw.

I do believe I'll have too much fun selling this game to people when they'll tell me the name. Will definitely try this one out for the sake of fun that was part 1.

My launch PSP is just about dead, so I might have to pick up a new one to play this. The first Prinny was one of the best games of all time.

Volcynika

Drkirby said:
Well, I hope the game is at least good, the trailer makes me thing they did a poor job with the script translation and VA.

Not really seeing this, but ok. Things look fine to me. (Also amusing that it makes you 'thing') :p

tiff

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Has anyone ever ordered from NIS? Do they take long to ship?
I haven't ordered from their new store, but I didn't have a problem with RosenQueen.

Their shitty website won't even let me check out... Every time I hit submit it tells me it hasn't gone through because changes have been made to my order but nothing changes...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Urban Scholar said:
I do believe I'll have too much fun selling this game to people when they'll tell me the name.

"Do you have Prinny 2, d00d?"
"Can you give me the full name?"
"You can't just type in Prinny 2 for the PSP, d00d?"
"Nope. Now give me the full name."
"Fuck this, d00d." (Wanders over to another store and gets it)

Don't see why they need to give you the full name when "Prinny 2" works.

Also I hope Prinny 1 drops in price on PSN. I may rebuy it if it's $10 like it was a launch of the PSPGo (only reason I passed on that was Disgaea 1 was $15, wasn't sure if that was on sale... it wasn't. :().

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Kifimbo said:
After playing Super Meat Boy, also a hard game but with really tight controls, Prinny 2 is really frustrating and almost unplayable (for me) because the jump arc is really awful. Didn't play the first Prinny btw.

You're comparing Mario Kart to Gran Turismo here. I love me some Super Meat Boy, but Prinny is a completely different game. The jumping works in both games, you obviously couldn't play Meat Boy with Prinny jumping and vice versa.

Meat Boy is a speed and momentum type of game, and Prinny is much more methodically "look before you leap" kind of platforming. I enjoy both, but you have to come into each with different expectations.

Did they remove the button-mashing mechanic? I hope so, the last boss was the definition of bad design. It's the only level I didn't S-Rank (in Normal) because of this.

AwShucks

Preordered this last week. I absolutely loved Prinny 1 and it's one of my favorite PSP games. Then again I don't mind the horrible jump arc and crazy difficulty (I also loved Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins). The voice acting and story were hilarious and the gameplay was simple but remained fun throughout.

I sound like I'm a PR machine.

Ganondorfo

I never know that tenpei sato wrote the music for this game (his disgaea soundtracks are amazing, he has a unique sound to it). And some of the prinny music reminds me of megaman (like the boss theme lol)

Salsa

Im in after im done with the first one

edit: Also would i enjoy these games more if i had any knowledge of the Disgaea saga ?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
SalsaShark said:
Im in after im done with the first one

edit: Also would i enjoy these games more if i had any knowledge of the Disgaea saga ?
Probably since the characters are derived from it.

Salsa

InfiniteNine said:
Probably since the characters are derived from it.

well i know that much, but is there any reference to the plot of the previous games or something ?

I already bought Disgaea 1 and 2, but im feeling more like hardcore platformer right now than SRPG.

The first is one of my favorite PSP games even though I spent months trying to beat the final boss but never won :(

Tuesday can't come soon enough! :D

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
SalsaShark said:
well i know that much, but is there any reference to the plot of the previous games or something ?

I already bought Disgaea 1 and 2, but im feeling more like hardcore platformer right now than SRPG.
Yeah, I just started Prinny 1 and it makes reference to the bad ending of Disgaea Afternoon/Hour of Darkness. I'll have to play more to tell you how much of it you would probably enjoy more though.

kiryogi

Banned
So if the trailer was of any indication.... they changed Prinny's voice didn't they? D: Doesn't sound like the pathetic Prinny I loved from Prinny 1 and Disgaea Infinite.

Volcynika said:
Maybe, but Gamespot doesn't sell games!
I can't get those guys straight. The stores here don't have it in yet, anyway. But it looks like a fun platformer. Better than Disgaea!

Top Bottom