• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 22 Redemption Island! Featuring Russell and Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
group_0.jpg

The girl 3rd from the right in the second row is smokin.

Apparently two of these guys used to play in the NFL.

ShyGuy

cacophony said:
Wait, how are Russel and Rob a part of this season?
It's been rumoured for months that this was going to happen.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/10/survivor-redemption-island-new-cast/?ew_packageID=20354695

That story confirms that there'll be two "former players" and the evidence is mounting.

Persistent rumours throughout the run of Survivor 21 Nicaragua
Rob AND Russell both being at the Survivor 21 reunion show (Russell so didn't need to be there)
EW (and presumably other articles) confirming two former players

If it DOESN'T have Russell and Rob, I'll be extremely shocked.

Bring on Feb 16.

BigDug13

It's starting to feel like the show can't stand on its own. Now they have to have the hook of former survivor players, or NFL coaches, or now NFL players AND former survivors.

xbhaskarx

BolognaSoup said:
These cast members are just getting so predictable.

There are basically like six different Survivor looks, apparently aside from a handful of exceptions you have to fit into one of those categories to get on the show.

cacophony

ShyGuy said:
It's been rumoured for months that this was going to happen.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/10/survivor-redemption-island-new-cast/?ew_packageID=20354695

That story confirms that there'll be two "former players" and the evidence is mounting.

Persistent rumours throughout the run of Survivor 21 Nicaragua
Rob AND Russell both being at the Survivor 21 reunion show (Russell so didn't need to be there)
EW (and presumably other articles) confirming two former players

If it DOESN'T have Russell and Rob, I'll be extremely shocked.

Bring on Feb 16.

Awesome. I know a lot of people are sick of Russell but he's the most entertaining cast member to watch IMO. It's going to be interesting to see how he plays this season if the rumors are true.

cacophony said:
Awesome. I know a lot of people are sick of Russell but he's the most entertaining cast member to watch IMO. It's going to be interesting to see how he plays this season if the rumors are true.

Three times in four seasons is excessive, though. He's entertaining, but I feel like I could have gone without him for a while. Especially since he seems completely incapable of changing his game.

McNei1y

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Three times in four seasons is excessive, though. He's entertaining, but I feel like I could have gone without him for a while. Especially since he seems completely incapable of changing his game.

I enjoy Russell but this is way to soon. I would think people would hear about him and vote him off early. They should've waited a few seasons.

BowieZ

Banned
I really hope Russell and Rob are not ALLOWED to win the game. Maybe they get an extra special reward at the end if the winner was from their team?

BigDug13

Russell did ok the second time because the second time was recorded before his first time aired. In other words, the level of his assholeness was not realized by the second cast.

He's entertaining but he's not capable of winning.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
OMG My Golden King returns!?! Oh hell yes baby! Now I can watch survivor again!

ALL HAIL KING MOTHERFUCKING RUSSELL!

41783_113590672002856_6727018_n.jpg

He doesn't have a chance in hell of winning. But who gives a shit? He's there to troll, not win.

ToxicAdam

Survivor needs to think out of the box and pull in reality stars from different shows. Amazing Race had no problem doing it. There are thousands of them out there and they at least bring a sliver of name recognition to a new season and maybe new viewers.

xbhaskarx

Forceatowulf said:
OMG My Golden King returns!?!

Returns? I love the guy but did he go anywhere? He's in 3 out of 4 seasons and he was even present at the finale of the other one, they might as well rename the show Survivor Russell.

BowieZ said:
I really hope Russell and Rob are not ALLOWED to win the game. Maybe they get an extra special reward at the end if the winner was from their team?

Yeah, hopefully that's how it works.

Bleh, I was dreading this. >_<

Do we really need to see Rob & Russell again? I didn't realize Survivor was play until you win type of show now. (As long as you're a total douche the entire time.)

Try to be a bit less obvious CBS.

spliced

Bleh too many young people, They are so boring.

They need more people in their 40's. It's a good age for having lived some life and being interesting in the social game while at the same time still being young enough to compete in challenges.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
BowieZ said:

The rumor I've heard is that they'll both be immune until the merge. God I hope that turns out to be bullshit.

Brian Fellows said:
The rumor I've heard is that they'll both be immune until the merge. God I hope that turns out to be bull.
If this is true, there will be rage.

That would be outrageously bogus.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Ok after watching all the young girls videos I would rank them like this......

1. Stephanie
2. Natalie
3. Krista
4. Andrea
5. Ashley

I will say that there doesn't seem to be any purple Kelly level of stupidity there though.

EDIT: Shit I didn't even realize from the stills that Krista was a youngin too. She looks much better in motion.

Gunloc said:
That would be outrageously bogus.

Indeed!

ShyGuy

spliced said:
Bleh too many young people, They are so boring.

They need more people in their 40's. It's a good age for having lived some life and being interesting in the social game while at the same time still being young enough to compete in challenges.
I actually wouldn't mind this.

In fact, let's have an entire season of 40+ year olds.

Survivor 23: Survivor Mid-Life Crisis featuring players only 40years or more.

Then, have Survivor 24: All-Stars 2 featuring past contestants who are now aged 40 or more. Could have Bob (the guy who won by making really good fake idols), Tom Westman, Rupert again, maybe Richard Hatch will have come out of jail and hit 40.

Koomaster

Spoilers in the thread title; I thought it was supposed to be a secret who the returning castmates were. I have been trying hard not to find out. ~_________~

Fixed1979

Excellent. I watched the two Russel survivors and that got me back into the show (hadn't watched a full season since #1). Tried watching the last one (old v young) and got through about 5 episodes and then gave up. Can't wait to watch the return of the king.

NYR

Brian Fellows said:
The rumor I've heard is that they'll both be immune until the merge. God I hope that turns out to be bullshit.
They might as well fix the god damn show, that is what they are basically doing. The whole point is anyone can go at any time.

Very lame if true, desperate ratings grab. Last few seasons have proved interesting personalities can be developed and become cornerstones of the show...

Slayven said:
Damn there have been 22 Survivors?
About 2 seasons a year - one in the fall, one in the spring.

Manics

Banned
TheClimaxan said:
Rob and Russell are the two best players/characters to ever play. I applaud the producers for realizing this.

There's also a case to be made of going to the well too often. Many viewers are also sick of seeing the same players come back time and again. Having Russell in 3 of the last 4 Survivors now? Fuck.

Having Russell in 3 of the last 4 Survivors now? Fuck.

ing awesome!

The show manages to keep its head above water with the manner in which is plays with the formula, and develops the interesting characters. Coupled with the brilliantproduction values, there's little wonder why the show has lasted so long.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I so want to care. I mean, I've watched every season. But last year's was so bad, it's hard to get excited any more...

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Manics said:
There's also a case to be made of going to the well too often. Many viewers are also sick of seeing the same players come back time and again. Having Russell in 3 of the last 4 Survivors now? Fuck.

I agree. I enjoyed him when he was on, but this is too many times too quickly.

LM4sure

Banned
Manics said:
They always film 2 seasons in the same location now to save production costs.

What? Is that right? Damn. I can't believe they churn out seasons so quickly. I'll probably skip this season. I think I watch Survivor once every 4-5 seasons. Same with The Amazing Race.

Yeah, they started filming back to back in the same location after Season 19 due to CBS cutting the production budget.

The upcoming season was completed in September last year.

If CBS commissions a 23rd season, Philliphines is the rumored location.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Crazymoogle said:
According to EW, they get no immunity though...just regular members of the game like everyone else.

In that case I am fully on board with this season.

LM4sure said:
What? Is that right? Damn. I can't believe they churn out seasons so quickly. I'll probably skip this season. I think I watch Survivor once every 4-5 seasons. Same with The Amazing Race.

They haven't always done it but they have done it the last couple years.

Lothars

Crazymoogle said:
According to EW, they get no immunity though...just regular members of the game like everyone else.

Good and i hope the groups are smart enough to vote russell out right away, he's the worst survivor and makes the show unbearable to watch.

Lothars said:
Good and i hope the groups are smart enough to vote russell out right away, he's the worst survivor and makes the show unbearable to watch.
Uh...but you have to understand why they get no special immunity: this season's twist. Sure, try to vote em out right away. But if they win the duel, they come back in and you've suddenly got a huge target on your back from one of the most powerful players in the history of the game.

That's what I think is interesting about this season; you don't have to wait for the jury for your voting decisions to come back and haunt you.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Crazymoogle said:
Uh...but you have to understand why they get no special immunity: this season's twist. Sure, try to vote em out right away. But if they win the duel, they come back in and you've suddenly got a huge target on your back from one of the most powerful players in the history of the game.

That's what I think is interesting about this season; you don't have to wait for the jury for your voting decisions to come back and haunt you.

I still don't think its going to work like you think.

I still think only one person will be coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom