• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai still interested in Enslaved sequel

Surprised to hear they're still interested after their last comments. I enjoyed the game so I'd certainly be on board for a sequel.

Ninja Theory must have someone who's reeeaaaaallly good at pitching games to publishers, and reeeeallly good at bullshitting their very rational doubts away. They've never managed to justify the budgets that were given to them with gameplay or pacing that lives up to their visuals, nor with their sales, and yet the big budgets just keep coming.

I'm so so so happy to hear this... have been a Fan for NT games with Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, there is just something unique in their works that sucks me in :D

Great news really :)

someway, somehow, I just want a Heavenly Sword 2.

DmC might be a design disaster, but after HS & Enslaved at least we can probably all agree that the voice acting and overall presentation should be top-notch. :)

I don't know where they go after that ending...........

I guess you drop Trip, and have a Monkey based prequel set before they met. I liked Trip though,but I guess Ninja Theory could build another likeable sidekicky-character from the ground up.

TheJollyCorner said:

DmC might be a design disaster, but after HS & Enslaved at least we can probably all agree that the voice acting and overall presentation should be top-notch. :)
And have Andy Serkis as Dante.

Rahxephon91 said:
And have Andy Serkis as Dante.
augh

I mean, not even their visuals live up to their budgets. They've got bad texture pop-in and nasty shadowmap flickers in both of their games. And let's not forget their embarrassingly long loading times in Heavenly Sword.

Ninja Theory's motion capture team is great, and so are their concept artists, modellers, texture artists, and animators, and I wish those folks the best in finding continued employment elsewhere in the industry when their programmers, their combat designers, their level designers, and their directors inevitably crash their studio into the ground one or two games from now.

theBishop

Banned
TheJollyCorner said:

Anna-anna-torv-8131333-449-600.jpg

Her voice/mocap talents probably cost more today than they did in 2005.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It was a decent little game and far more interesting than most of the other holiday releases on the HD platforms. I'd be down for a second one.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
after Enslaved, no please no, don't do it, I don't want any Enslaved sequel, I don't want to even touch any other game by Ninja Theory and I don't want any game with Andy Serkis in it,Ninja theory proved that they can't improve,they are one trick pony with their cutscenes, even their stories are bad.

if Namco want to waste their money on a sequel for Enslaved they better search for other developers.

Phenomic

I'd play it because I enjoyed running through the first one but I won't be spending much money on it Namco. Please listen to this advise and then make your decision.

For Reference, I got Enslaved for 14 US Dollars.

ymmv

Banned
canova said:
Thanks, but we're not interested

Don't speak for all of us. I haven't finished Enslaved but I liked what I saw. I wouldn't mind a sequel (although I'd be more interested in a new Heavenly Sword game).

Takao

Banned
ezekial45 said:
Not when they're publishing Naruto. The game did amazingly well for them.

They need to make a graphics whore action adventure Dragon Ball game. It will sell better.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Keyser Soze said:
Yes we are

All three of you?

ymmv said:
Don't speak for all of us. I haven't finished Enslaved but I liked what I saw. I wouldn't mind a sequel (although I'd be more interested in a new Heavenly Sword game).

You really need to see that ending *sigh*

Enslaved reminded me a lot of the first Assassin's Creed - I didn't really like it, but there was enough interesting there to keep me going through the entire thing and I would gladly play an improved sequel.

Aklamarth

I'm interested too Namco. But here's some free marketing advice from me : DON'T release Enslaved 2 the same day as Castlevania LOS 2 :)

AwShucks

It should get a sequel for sure. It was such a good game for what it was and has a ton of areas that could be easily improved upon to make it even better. Just bring back Alex Garland for the writing.

Aklamarth said:
I'm interested too Namco. But here's some free marketing advice from me : DON'T release Enslaved 2 the same day as Castlevania LOS 2 :)
It's not like Castlevania did well, either...

Aklamarth

I AM JOHN! said:
It's not like Castlevania did well, either...
Actually Castlevania did pretty good considering that it was done by a small team. And a LOS sequel is already in working. Unlike Enslaved.
From my point of view both Enslaved and Majin MUST get sequels :)

ezekial45

Banned
Honestly, they really should've released the game on PC.

http://deadendthrills.com/galleries/enslaved-odyssey-to-the-west/

Judging from these pics, which are running on a debug kit from what i understand, it would've looked even more magnificent than it did. It would've run a hell of a lot better too.

A sequel gives them a chance to really knock it out the park. Now that they've got the foundations already set up, they just open up the gameplay.

EDIT:

High Res pics:
103ykp4.jpg

slp6ra.jpg

288z77r.jpg

Combat, platforming, & getting a solid framerate, once we fix these then we'll see about that sequel. Being someone that purchased this game, they have work to do to get more than 10 people to buy it as well.

ram

enslaved is a piece of shit.

- its short
- boring gameplay thats the same the whole 4 hours
- visuals are only cool at the beginning
- the story is CRAP and is shown only at the end
- boss fights are crap
- the whole teamplay mechanic isnt well though out

in other words...

enslaved is a piece of shit.

i cant believe that people like this crap. i would feel robbed, if i had payed anything
unfortunately i got a free promotion copy

I got the game from Goozex awhile back, and I am on chapter 10 right now. So far the game is not bad, and not good, pretty bland to me overall. I did not feel the relationship between the two character was developed enough for me to feel empathetic towards either of them so far. The platforming is also way too automated and lacks the impact and weight of the character (Uncharted's automated climbs felt much better). Also, I cannot help but think of Andy Serkis now whenever I hear Monkey speak, so that totally ruined that character for me (don't like the character's design overall in this game). The visuals are pretty in this game (at least it has colour) but to me the environment does not feel natural and everything feels over saturated to the point that it hurts my eyes. For the PS3 version, I also experienced some audio bugs (sound effects stopped playing on a couple of occasions) and the lip synching has taken a step back compared to their previous efforts in Heavenly Sword.

I don't think I am looking forward to the next game. :/

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The Praiseworthy said:
So.... 8 - 10 hours adventure games are listed under "short games" now?

I finished it with like 6 hours..so yes it's short and it's a shallow (and pointless by the end of it) action adventure games that should be listed under bad games.

Top Bottom