• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TES V: Skyrim |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

skyrimd.png

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the next installment in the award-winning Elder Scrolls series. Skyrim is the follow up to the 2006 Game of the Year, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and the next game from Bethesda Game Studios, creators of the 2008 Game of the Year, Fallout 3.

You play as a Dragonborn (a dragon hunter) and you are mentored by the last living Blade member. There is also a civil war going on after the death of the king.

Name | The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Developer | Bethesda Softworks
Publisher | Bethesda Softworks
Genre | Role-Playing
Release Date | 11/11/2011
Website | Click here

Reviews | N/A

featuresk.png

- No level cap
- Choose all perks with one character
- Technically speaking, Skyrim is an evolution within The Elder Scrolls, not a revolution
- Different properties for all weapons, take advantage of them by choosing the right perks
- Maces ignore a percentage of armor
- Axes have bleed damage over time
- Quickly revisit locations you have previously visited
- Game is as big as Oblivion
- 5 big cities
- Over 130 dungeons
- “Low-Fantasy” (game does not look as vibrant, vivid as Morrowind, more like Oblivion)
- The overarching narrative of the Dragons is less prominent than the Oblivion Gates were in Oblivion, which does not give you the feeling that you are doing ‘useless’ quests when you lay aside the Main Quest.
- Dragons aren’t rare
- Dungeons will be locked at their level once you have been there
- In a dungeon, it will remain lvl 5 when you entered it on lvl 5
- Dungeons don’t change difficulties throughout a game save after you’ve entered one
- Read in-game books in 3D
- 3D-preview in the Flash-based inventory for all items
- Twist, turn, rotate the items
- Will sometimes need to figure out puzzles by analyzing 3D previews
- Armor, weapons, small rings and herbs can be explored in great deal and viewed in 3D
- All items can be previewed in the inventory screen
- The Dark Brotherhood is back
- More traps and puzzles
- Around 20 hours for the main story
- Hundreds of additional hours for more quests
- Get stronger as you kill dragons
- A piece of a dragon’s soul will be transferred to yours
- Special animations for sneak kills with daggers
- Team is looking at how they can improve facial expressions and animations
- No Kinect support
- Dyamic Shadows
- Overhauled Combat-system
- Improved Faces/Improved Models Example: Faces have been dramatically overhauled. Characters now exhibit more emotion show of distinctions between different races and just plain looks better
- Radiant AI
- Updated Engine Snow falls dynamically (not as a basic texture on the ground)
Trees and branches move independently with the wind
Water flows
- Randomly generated quests
- Beards
- You can't run backwards as fast as you do forward.
- 10 races to choose from (Holy crap thats a lot of races)
-confirmed creatures: zombies, skeletons, trolls, giants, ice wraiths, giant spiders, dragons, wolves, horses Elk, mammoth, saber-toothed cats
- Presumably open cities (as dragons can attack)
- Hud-free first-person view and improved third-person perspective
- Very unique landscapes! Also unique dungeons! In other words, lots of uniqueness!
- Character creation improved, body features customizable
- 2-handed weapons and duel wielding confirmed.
- Finishing moves, unique to each weapon and enemy you fight.
- Kids
- The game takes place 2 centuries after Oblivion
- Sprint is added
- Dialog will pop up when you approach an enemy
- Cooking/farming/mining/woodcutting/blacksmithing
- 18 skills.
- Perk picking at every level-up
- 5 Magic Schools Destruction Alteration Conjuration Restoration Illusion.

Source & thanks to Dennisk4 for compiling the list!

newstq.png

Menu system overhaul
The sounds of Skyrim
The art of Skyrim
Game Informer Info
Todd Howard Interview
Behind the scenes
NEW ENGINE!!
TES V will be officially moddable

videoqx.png

Teaser Trailer

50438002.png

First screenshots
Skyrim map (Big Pic)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Metalmurphy said:
Bit soonish for an OT no?

be careful man this screenshots are from Magazine Scans.

Edit:
D. Copyrighted Material

The posting of full transcriptions of articles and whole or partially-scanned images is not allowed. Users in breach of this rule are subject to banning. The posting of review scores (without text), news summaries, rumors, and review paraphrasing is acceptable, as long as credit is given to the original source.

If a mod thinks this should be locked (which is likely), how about just edit the title to include "Hype Thread" instead. The big stuff can still have its own thread, but the little bits (of which they are many) perfectly fit here.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
What the hell

I thought this was releasing within 2 weeks because of this topic and got excited for nothing

Darklord said:
I can't see this working. Too much info in too little broken up bits to work in a mega thread.

If another little topic is made, about how "The Space Bar in Skyrim" works, I will not buy the game

Empty

i'm not sure if i care anymore. kinda feel that now i've played uncharted 3 all other games are worthless in comparison.

the dark brotherhood is back! didn't know that. very cool.

Darklord

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
If another little topic is made, about how "The Space Bar in Skyrim" works, I will not buy the game

People will post it anyway. Maybe someone make a "Game Informer Skyrim updates" thread or something. I can if the mods don't mind and everyday a new little thing comes out I'll update the OP. Having an OT now is just a cluster fuck.

Tobor

Trevelyan said:
I believe it's a week. Also, you have scans.

haha. Massive fail.

Keyser Soze said:

Yeah, I mean, you're forced to read each one and post in it, right? The horror.

Enco

Sorry if its too early. Didn't realise.

Just thought it would be easier to have all the data. Feel free to change the title like Keyser said or lock it even.

Enco said:
Sorry if its too early. Didn't realise.

Just thought it would be easier to have all the data. Feel free to change the title like Keyser said or lock it even.

New thread for new news. Spreading all of the new info out into new threads is why we dont have the 500 Internal Server Error anymore.

Tobor said:
haha. Massive fail.

Yeah, I mean, you're forced to read each one and post in it, right? The horror.

Two or three of the threads already got out of hand because of the stupid way Bethesda/GameInformer are drip feeding stuff.

A good "Hype Thread" will lead to much better talk about the game IMO, and some of the bigger stuff that'll get posted (first look at gameplay, Collecters Edition revealed, big trailers) would happily have their own threads

No game should have a thread about it goddamn menu.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Official threads are permitted 2 weeks before release. I think you overshot by a few months. If you've got specific features or news to discuss, make a thread.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
bishoptl said:
Official threads are permitted 2 weeks before release. I think you overshot by a few months. If you've got specific features or news to discuss, make a thread.

One week before release, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom