• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liu Kang - the fat-handed twat's character of choice since 1992

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
First rule of Mortal Kombat - never play as Liu Kang.

Really, what's the point of having all the power of gods and demons at your disposal in defence of the Earthrealms, then blowing it all by playing as a burnt out Bruce Lee clone?

Because he's easy, that's why. Those bicycle kicks and flaming fists look good and don't require 16 fingers to pull off.

Defend. Tap-tap-button. Defend. Tap-tap-button.

And his finishing moves were a bit crap, except for the one where he turns into a Mortal Kombat arcade machine.

He even got killed at one stage, and needed his mentor to bring him back from the dead so he could fight on in later franchises of one of the world's most popular and violent games.

Face it - you choose Liu Kang because you're an arcade tightarse.

Some might say he only exists so Mortal Kombat's creators have a human lead for their brilliant live action movies.

Until now. Perhaps sick of the constant snickering at one of their original characters, the creators of the new Mortal Kombat reboot - made by the production company founded by one of the original creators - have hardened Kang up a little.

Just how much in relation to the other characters remains to be seen, but the trailer released today shows a faster, more firey, bone-cracking-er Liu Kang than ever before.

His bicycle kick is now a flaming bicycle kick, for instance, and at one stage, he strings together an impressive 11-hit combo.

And... Bah - who are we kidding? Apart from the fire thing, he's still mortally restricted compared to the likes of Scorpion and Noob Saibot.

You'll still get booed for choosing him in the arcade. That's if there's anyone else in the arcade.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/gaming/liu-kang-the-fat-fingered-twats-character-of-choice-since-1992/story-e6frfrt9-1226009358336

jergrah

Liu_kang.gif

Since the last good MK was #2, real men use Shang Tsung since you should know every character perfectly and can switch to whomever you want and whatever fatality you feel like at the time.

fernoca

SquirrelNuckle said:
Mad props for him hooking up with Kitana.
Pfft..hooking up?
Kitana put her vagina all over Liu Kang ..twice..even offering him the throne of Edenia and he's like "Sorry, can't do". No wonder she usually prefers hanging out with the 4-armed shokans. :p

SaintZ said:
Hawt.

I never liked Liu Kang in MK because of his lame "fatality". What the hell was that?!
The whole monk-thing, about not being "that violent".

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Taking a C rate fighting franchise seriously at all.

Woe is this day that I lack :lols to quantify my gaiety in this moment.

fernoca

Ha! Yeah!
Cyber Smoke online is so annoying online. All people do is Uppercut... harpoon 4 hit combo..block..rinse and repeat.

The moment you managed to block an uppercut and destroy them, they were left clueless about what else to do. :p

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Liu kang is the best. <3

Wow. Surprised to see I'm not the only one who likes Reptile. I usually suck at fighting games but I got good enough with him I could pull of his fatalities flawlessly.

edit: Yeah I realize his MK2 look is just a palette swap of sub-zero but I liked it. Besides, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Scorpion, and that secret character (the gray one...forgot his name) are all palette swaps of each other.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I played a lot of MK2 on arcades and no one choose Liu Kang.
Our 'tier list' was :
- Shang Tsung
- Mileena
- Sub Zero
- Kitana

As awesome as Reptile is ... it was lol tier.

Gravijah

Fersis said:
I played a lot of MK2 on arcades and no one choose Liu Kang.
Our 'tier list' was :
- Shang Tsung
- Mileena
- Sub Zero
- Kitana

stop lying, the only arcade game anyone plays there is king of fighterers

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gravijah said:
stop lying, the only arcade game anyone plays there is king of fighterers
True!

We only played MK or SF when the KOF queue was too long. ^__^
Pretty crazy because we had Super SF2 Turbo and no one cared.

Replicant

Shig said:
I see you've never played a run-move-spamming Kabal.
At least he does it quietly. Kang is a noisy bitch whose mouth should be gagged.

I mostly used:

Sonya (I was a really good Sonya user in UMK3. Could chained her combos really well)
Mileena (used her a lot in MK2 because her Fatality was brutal)
Noob Saibot (that cheap bastard was so fun to use)
Ermac (loves his strange movesets)
Kitana (I'm not really good with her but loves her Fatality)
Reptile (Just like his Fatality)

Twig

Banned
The Lamonster said:
People still say "twat?"
Are you from like fifty years in the future and forgot you traveled back in time? That's the only legitimate excuse for asking such a question.

Top Bottom