• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 co-op footage

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm so pumped! You have not disappointed me on this reveal, Naughty Dog. Now give me more details! :D

Alex said:
Is it still a separate mode or is it in campaign now?
Separate mode, but it's a continuous standalone campaign. Naughty Dog went the Portal 2 route instead of the Resident Evil 5 route, praise be to them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
MalboroRed said:
Co-op is just a separate mode.
Loudninja said:
Separate it takes place in Syria sounds like a side story for co-op.
badcrumble said:
Separate mode, but it's a continuous standalone campaign. Naughty Dog went the Portal 2 route instead of the Resident Evil 5 route, praise be to them.

Some of the best news I've heard all year. Now, excuse me while I reinstate my self-imposed media/info blackout.

Alex

Sounds neat, but it also sounds like may be pretty truncated stuff if this is the way they're doing it. I hope I'm wrong!

However, I gotta say I really wish they'd have it available in campaign, best thing about Uncharted narrative is the darn character banter anyhow. Just an option for it would be lovely.

TripOpt55

I couldn't tell if that was just like an objective level like in UC2 or it was like a whole seperate campaign like Geoff was referring to it like. Either way it looked awesome. I loved the vertical gunplay. It looked really cool.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
-Winnie- said:
Shiiit, I was getting some major vertigo from that vertical shootout bit. Wish I had a 3D TV for that. :(

Come over @ my house, 65" 3D Panny Plasma ^_^

Got 3 glasses too!, so fun times for a threesome...that doesn't sound right

I really do hope it is its own separate campaign and not something like the co-op in Uncharted 2 (which I thought was a dreadful cop out).

CatPee

BeeDog said:
Is it known if the co-op campaign can be played in local split-screen?

Since split-screen online MP is confirmed, I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for co-op.

Irish

I like the way those new weapons are looking. The crosshairs are pretty darn cool as well. I even like the damned hit markers.

Lince

Banned
Irish said:
I even like the damned hit markers.

I don't mind them, just surprised I didn't notice them in competitive mp yet they're so apparent in coop.

edit: guess they will end up in competitive mp as well

Man

Wario64 twitter
Ahaha, I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog used Wollan's drawing idea for that vertical co-op gameplay in Uncharted 3. http://bit.ly/mS8Cgc

Hah, seems like gaf could have influenced this move.

arne

duffyside said:
I don't know... the way Keighley called it the "Co-op Campaign" makes me think this is its own storyline. Which would be awesome.

It's separate from the single-player campaign, but there are "light" narrative elements that ties each section of co-op together, if that makes sense.

TripOpt55

arne said:
It's separate from the single-player campaign, but there are "light" narrative elements that ties each section of co-op together, if that makes sense.
So it's more like the objective co-op levels in 2 where there are seperate levels (as opposed to one big co-op campaign), but they are sort of linked with some narrative stuff unlike in 2?

Naughty Dog! If you're seeing this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it an option to remove the names on top of the head for co-op. There's no need for it as it's always the same person, and it totally breaks the immersion.

Top Bottom