• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls E3 Trailer

Filth

any1 know if they are doing the whole white and dark thing when you die, thats the only part of demon souls i didnt like. i hated having to kill myself 5 times to go black and whatnot to confusing :(

Instro

Philooch said:
any1 know if they are doing the whole white and dark thing when you die, thats the only part of demon souls i didnt like. i hated having to kill myself 5 times to go black and whatnot to confusing :(

I believe they have dropped the tendency stuff.

linko9

Looks great, there are some awesome looking monsters (bosses I assume) in there. This game can't come soon enough.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
linko9 said:
Looks great, there are some awesome looking monsters (bosses I assume) in there. This game can't come soon enough.
I wouldn't assume that after playing Demon's Souls.

Danielsan

Man, this game. I still can't believe we are getting such an amazing looking sequel to such a fantastic niche game. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are truly some of the greatest things to happen this gen.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Goddamit looks so much better than the first one. Took me a while to realize the crow was NOT in the foreground. I holyshitted when I did.

That was amazing.

I'm really interested in this, despite not having played Demon's Souls. Everything I've read/seen so far has made me more excited.

sixghost

I could do without some of the generic dark fantasy stuff in the trailer, but GOD DAMN LOOK AT THOSE MONSTERS. Can't wait.

Psi

Is there a set release date for this yet? First I heard was October 11th, then this video says October 4th, and Amazon has release date shipping up for October 25th. So confused.

The first scene isn't too hot, but I think that's due to the horrible compression. The parts after that: wow. Especially the panning shots over the city walls and the city at the end.

Jerk

Banned
Nirolak said:
I have to say, Namco is doing a surprisingly great job advertising this game, and they even seem to be spending a lot on the voice acting and localization.

I noticed this as well.

What I cannot figure out is why.

So good.

I've told myself I'm only going to buy 6 games at full retail price this year. MvC3, Pokemon White, Brink, and L.A. Noire have taken up four slots. Uncharted 3 is slot 5. Right now this has the sixth slot, due to how much I loved Demon's Souls, and so far all the imagery has only piqued my interest.

Come to me, Dark Souls, come to me!

I got minor goosebumps.

I would have gone into full nerdgasm had the voice over at the end said,

"let the flame guide the.........so that the world might be mended"

I just noticed it, but the woman we've been seeing in a lot of promotional art is in the same cell as the player character, but in the opposite corner.

Hulud

Gamer @ Heart said:
I got minor goosebumps.

I would have gone into full nerdgasm had the voice over at the end said,

"let the flame guide the.........so that the world might be mended"
I really hope the maiden in black returns for Dark Souls in some form.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Jerk said:
I noticed this as well.

What I cannot figure out is why.
Well, I guess they could spend their money on their other titles such as...

...um...

Tekken... and... Soul Calibur.

BeeDog

Looks amazing, but I hope they don't overdo the giant bosses too much. The "normal"-sized bosses were the most fun ones in Demon's Souls.

Top Bottom