• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft's WiiU support: Assassin's Creed, Rabbids, Ghost Recon, new exclusive FPS

As long as the FPS has nothing to do with Red Steel...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-07-ubisoft-reveals-wii-u-games

Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon Online and Rabbids games are all in development for Wii U, Ubisoft has announced.

In addition, the French publisher will develop two completely new IPs for Nintendo's new console.

One will be a "revolutionary" first-person shooter for a hardcore audience. This will be exclusive to Wii U.

The other will be a multi-sports game "for the whole family".

"This new console is an amazing new source of inspiration for our developers," commented Ubisoft boss Yves Guillemot.

Krowley

I honestly think we're gonna see some of this stuff at one of the developer roundtables before E3 is over.

edit// maybe this game, and maybe some nintendo stuff...

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Joystiq said:
Beyond the news today that Ubisoft is bringing Assassin's Creed to Nintendo's Wii U, the French publisher also announced a handful of other titles currently in development for next year's console. Among the list of established IPs -- Assassin's Creed, Rabbids, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online -- Ubisoft also announced a "revolutionary first-person shooter for the hardcore audience."

Moreover, the shooter is being developed "exclusively" for the Wii U
. Perhaps you're not too into shooters? The company is also working on a "multi-sports game" with family applications. A ... awesome? Anyway, while none of the games will be playable at E3 this year, Ghost Recon Online will be shown off on the show floor, so we'll be sure to take a peek at our earliest convenience.

Here.

apana

How did Ubisoft know? I was just thinking this morning that I wanted a revolutionary hardcore first person shooter.

tiff

Banned
Revolutionary first-person shooter and a multi-sports game? Next gen isn't going to be so different after all.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Why did Nintendo get rid of the analog sticks and replace them with circle pads? I can't imagine FPSs being easy to play using them.

I'd like to be hyped for this but it's by Ubisoft. While their efforts for Cafe look promising their efforts for Wii,DS and 3DS have been pretty awful. Also their performances on 360/PS3 was rather mixed as well.

Mr_Brit said:
Why did Nintendo get rid of the analog sticks and replace them with circle pads? I can't imagine FPSs being easy to play using them.

The impressions from the company everyone hates said they aren't like the circle pads on the 3DS but rather closer to the analog sticks on the Wii nunchuk.

MisterHero

Mr_Brit said:
I imaging more durable parts = less Wii U controller breakdowns

but if it's Red Steel how will holding the controller and swordplay work?

amar212

zoolander.jpg

The idea for using the controller as a sign could be fantastic if done right. Would be very fun for acog and sniper rifles.

Boerseun

Banned
Red Steel is dead. Even so, I would have loved to have seen the true sequel to Red Steel that was cancelled. Red Steel 2 is a great game, but it's far too different from the first game and should have been its own franchise entirely.

JWong

Banned
Lonely1 said:
Nintendo hinted at free for all online.
Yes, but being Nintendo console exclusive for a free-to-play microtransaction game?
Especially on an unannounced online infrastructure with, currently, zero online user base?

Ubisoft should be smart enough not to do something this risky.

JWong said:
Yes, but being Nintendo console exclusive for a free-to-play microtransaction game?
Especially on an unannounced online infrastructure with, currently, zero online user base?

Ubisoft should be smart enough not to do something this risky.

How so? It'll still get its PC user base, and it'll be a good way to build up the Wii U's online userbase.

Effect

The Red Steel IP is dead. They'll have to use a new IP and a new system launch is the best time to do so.

Effect said:
The Red Steel IP is dead. They'll have to use a new IP and a new system launch is the best time to do so.

The key, however, will be to follow it up with other games like it/sequels, however.
Which they didn't do for Red Steel. And that was a huge fucking mistake.
Should be easier this time, since they can just use common engines now.

J-Rock

Banned
I get excited when I read "new IP for Nintendo console".

And then I read "Ubisoft".

:(

Here's hoping it's good I guess...

Top Bottom