• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Dev Roundtable #2 - Wii U And Ubisoft ("Killer Freaks", "Multi-Sports")

Dystify

In attendance:
- Host: Andy Simpson from Ubi marketing (North America)
- Ubi CEO Yves Guillemot
- Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata
- Hughes Ricour and Claude Langlais from Ubisoft (Talking about Ghost Recon Online)
- Xavier Poix from Ubisoft Montpellier (Talking about Killer Freaks)
- Marc Parenteau Senior Technical Architect from Ubisoft Quebec (Talking about Assassin's Creed)
Reggie, Miyamoto also appear to be there, but only to watch.

Time: 6 PM PDT, 9 PM EST *Over*

Liveblogs to follow:
IGN: http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174592p1.html
Gamespot: http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6318376/e3-2011-nintendo-hosting-mystery-third-party-roundtable
Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/5810131/live-at-ubisoft-and-nintendos-mysterious-e3-qa-event [Direct link to blog]

Developer Round Table #2 Summary
[Watch a recording of the roundtable here.]

+ 5 Ubisoft Wii U games in development. (Ghost Recon Online, A new Raving Rabbids, A new Assassin's Creed) 2 brand new IPs (Killer Freaks, a "Multi-Sports" game)

+ New title: Killer Freaks from Outer Space; FPS developed by Ubisoft Montpellier. Coming 2012. (Thread here. Comment 3 for an info collection. Thanks to othersteve!)
[Official Site]

+ Second new title is a "Multi-Sports" game for the whole family.

+ New trailer for Ghost Recon and a lot of new info. (Read here. A lot more was talked about though.)

+ New info on Assassin's Creed for Wii U. ("Brand new title", but they didn't show anything about it)

Tenck

Just got done watching EA's BF3 live stream. So pissed right now. Save me from this madness Nintendo!

IrishNinja

hype! might have to go buy some booze.
please talk about online, and how there's leaderboards and friends lists like its 2011 and even a unified login system for purchases and and youre gonna make that work with the 3DS one day or something!

and TROPHEEZ! hahaha

I wonder what UBI game the CEO was talking about. He mentioned Assassins Creed, but then said there will be a game on something completely different.

Tenck said:
Just got done watching EA's BF3 live stream. So pissed right now. Save me from this madness Nintendo!
What happened?

You probably shouldn't have put that prediction in the title, you don't want to get people pissed at you for misleading them if it turns out false :p

Tenck said:
I hope this guy is at the roundtable
5kunwy.jpg

Vic said:
What happened?

This:

NateDrake

A pal at E3 sent me this info earlier today, this is what he was told by Nintendo. It is, as many will guess, centered on third-party games and whatever this may be.

"While we cannot announce the content that will be discussed at Wednesday’s event, we do think that it will provide information that you cannot find at Nintendo’s E3 Presentation or on the E3 show floor, and that it will be worthwhile for you to attend"

I;d be awesome if Ass Creed Wii U was an exclusive one, but I have doubts. I'd also love to see this exclusive new FPS.

I hope we get some media of whatever they're showing, rather than just a mention.

Nintendo did say that they'd be adding more to their E3 website (http://e3.nintendo.com/) over the week, so we might see said game there.

Tenck

Vic said:
What happened?

Was supposed to be an in-depth Q&A session about gameplay. What we got was that 30 second trailer we saw at the EA conference. The one with "Scale huge environments, cinematic-like presentation, destructibility!"

The questions ranged from "Are there Jets in BF3?" to "Can you switch between semi automatic and fully automatic on weapons?"

Wasn't anything like most of us expected.

Eradicate

Thank you Strive for starting this thread!

So, Ubisoft is coming...I'd have to wager EA will be represented. Any ideas who else?

Therion

So who generally has the best liveblog for this? I had IGN's and Gamespot's going for last night's roundtable, and they were each leaving out lots of details the other one caught. I'd really like to stick with one good one tonight.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, this may make or break the Wii U for me. I'm so on the fence right now.

Nirolak said:
What in the hell did you do?! :O

Tenck said:
Was supposed to be an in-depth Q&A session about gameplay. What we got was that 30 second trailer we saw at the EA conference. The one with "Scale huge environments, cinematic-like presentation, destructibility!"

The questions ranged from "Are there Jets in BF3?" to "Can you switch between semi automatic and fully automatic on weapons?"

Ouch! Sounds like the questions at a Nintendo roundtable, but with a trailer.

Prez

omg.kittens said:

How could something break the Wii U for you a year and a half before it launches already?

NateDrake

omg.kittens said:
If this little roundtable for a system a yr away from launch makes or breaks the system for you then I think you have your mind made up towards 'No'.

antonz

Busaiku said:
Do we know if this is just a Wii U conference?
Yesterday They said was Wii/3DS only talk so I imagine today will be Wii U. Especially with a heavy 3rd party slant. They have never done multiple roundtables before.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Tenck said:

Oh, the saddest type of Q&A there is :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Stabbie said:
How could something break the Wii U for you a year and a half before it launches already?
I mean in the here and now. Like, this could make or break my excitement. I'm only moderately impressed as it is, and if they don't announce some amazing games or features between now and launch, I'm gonna skip it, probably.

Quadrangulum said:
I hope we get some clarification on EA's involvement.
Me too.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Serenade said:
This thread title might lead to disappointed nerds come the end of the roundtable.
In other words, blue balls in the realm of nerdsdom.

Matt

Door2Dawn said:
You guys actually think the online will be revealed at a small roundtable like this? Come on.
That's how they announced SSBB, Nintendo's most important game at the time...

GDGF

Soothsayer
Serenade said:
This thread title might lead to disappointed nerds come the end of the roundtable.

Yeah, never put predictions in the title of threads like this. If they don't come true you'll get the wrath of them numchucks.

MisterHero

Nintendo scrambled Sakurai and HAL together with their other internal teams, kidnapped Nobou Uematsu, The MGS voice cast, an orchestra band and quickly assembled over 2 days a trailer for Smash Bros. 4

believe

MisterHero said:
Nintendo scrambled Sakurai and HAL together with their other internal teams, kidnapped Nobou Uematsu, The MGS voice cast, an orchestra band and quickly assembled over 2 days a trailer for Smash Bros. 4

believe

snake's back?? pre-ordered cancelled, don't want your OP piece of shit fuck you

Stabbie said:
Mark Rein should be there if he wasn't bullshitting about the water meeting fish.

I was going to ask about Mark Rein, wasn't he rumored to be offering support for Wii U today or something?

I also really want to know if Epic coded that Japanese Garden/Bird tech demo.

Top Bottom