• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - PS Vita is "region free" says Sony VP

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Lies.

This platform is doing too many things correctly. Something is wrong.

YES!!!!

Hopefully the trend continues with PS4.

Let me purchase JP retail games and play them on my console, and let me access JP PS Store and play those games on a US/EU account and earn Trophies and I'm fine.

iSimon

27468496.jpg

Amazing if true.

Foffy

Banned
What's Sony's answer to the 3DS?

- Price the system at the same range as the 3DS (they're going to lose money for years)
- Price the games at the same range as 3DS games
- Omit the one massive negative thing about the 3DS: region locking

All the system needs now are a ton of exclusive and fun Vita games and I think I'll be in heaven. I already pre-ordered one.

Jomjom

Banned
$249 price point - check
$40 dollar games - check
2nd analog stick - check
region free gaming - check
2 PSVs preordered - check!

What makes me sad is that despite all this there's still a high probability that the 3DS will outsell the PSV here in the US just because Mario Kart is released for the 843944th time on the 3DS.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, good to hear. I wonder if Sony realizes it is a feature a group of consumers cares about (And doesn't give a damn about publishers crying)

Mik2121

You know... I seriously hope Vita does great. I will surely be buying it day 1.

The titles look great, the hardware is so pretty and the price feels right. Yep.

Excellent! Now all I need to do is find a US retailer that will ship to the UK and is willing to mark a $250 handheld down as a 'gift' so I don't get fucked in the ass on import charges...

If true then I guess this will be their stance on any future hardware as it will be their third region free system in a row.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Jarmel said:
Wait a sec, isn't the better question if the downloadable store itself is region locked?
Ah... good question. Someone, ask a Sony rep. tomorrow ASAP!

Top Bottom