• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Louis CK's FX show “Louie” – Season 2 – on every Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

Hulu IMDB

30becs4.jpg

Premieres on Thursday, June 23rd.

What is Louie?
Louie is a critically-acclaimed narrative, disconnected vignettes, and stand-up show from Louis CK, possibly the greatest stand-up comedian working today. Louis stars as an exaggerated version of himself; divorced, depressed, and raising two daughters in NYC. (he likes to point out in every interview that he's not actually miserable)

He not only stars, but writes, directs, edits, and produces, which gives him an absolutely unprecedented amount of creative control over his show. Essentially, FX gives him money and gets a show back, at no point approving scripts and actors, giving notes, etc. This results in one of the most refreshingly original shows on television that seamlessly switches between comedy and drama and narrative and standup.

Who is this Louis CK guy?
Louis CK is an incredibly prolific stand-up, producing a new hour of material each year for the past few years with no signs of slowing down. Hilarious, Chewed Up, and Shameless are his taped comedy specials and all of them are incredible. As much as I like this show, really nothing compares to the brilliance of his stand-up. Watch his specials!

You may have caught his previous show Lucky Louie, a traditional studio-audience sitcom, on HBO, which seems to get a love-it or hate-it reaction from fans. Luckily for the latter, Louie is nothing like Lucky Louie and is just about as far from the traditional sitcom as you can get.

You also may have caught Louis on various talk shows and widely-circulated Youtube clips..

Promo 1
Promo 2 (it's an old promo from last season, but it's incredible - watch it)

credit and thanks to feedmyleg at Something Awful for this OP.

Dabanton

Great show loved season 1.

A real 'adult' show if you know what i mean i.e doesn't treat it's audience like unthinking idiots.

Just watched the pilot for season 1 yesterday, t'was not bad.

I think I might just catch up and join you guys in here sometime soon.

KingGondo said:
When I saw him live in November, he came on stage to the opening theme. It was awesome.

Awesome. I just love the simplicity of the opening of his show and the cool song. I hope he keeps it for season 2.

Parts

Yesss! My favourite scene in the last one was the dentist and Ricky Gervais, but it was different and fantastic throughout. So pumped.

kaskade

smokeymicpot said:
First season was great. Guess I will give it a re-watch since it just came back on netflix.
That's awesome. I feel like it goes on and off every month or something.

After everyone hyped him up so much in the Talking Funny thread, and the fact he was pretty damn funny on that, I downloaded a few of his HBO specials and... I don't think he's a funny stand-up. Very few of his bits got more than a smirk from me, if that.

I still need to watch the first season of this to see if it's better, though. Will definitely do it soon.

Clevinger

Foliorum Viridum said:
After everyone hyped him up so much in the Talking Funny thread, and the fact he was pretty damn funny on that, I downloaded a few of his HBO specials and... I don't think he's a funny stand-up. Very few of his bits got more than a smirk from me, if that.

*shrug* Not everyone can like everything.

Oh, indeed :) I don't think he's bad, but nothing resonated with me.

I really did like him on Talking Funny which is why I still have the desire to check out this show. I mean, I think Seinfeld is a much better sitcom than Jerry is as a stand-up, for example.

Tim-E

Season 1 hit an incredible stride in its second half and I hope the show continues to be the same. Dude is brilliant and I have faith in him continuing the greatness.

KingGondo said:
This and Wilfred back-to-back looks like a killer combo. :)
Buzz on Wilfred has been good? Glad to hear it, will check it out tonight too. I've become a pretty big FX fan after Justified, Archer, Louie, Terriers (sniff), and Lights Out. They're the network AMC wishes it was of late.

ilikeme

Yesss, saw the first season not too long ago and goddamn did I love it.

There were so many touching segments in there and some heartfelt laughs!

Looking forward to this and will be pimping the show, and the man, to all I know. :D

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I wasn't a very big fan of the first season --the comedy isn't really my style-- but I suppose I'll tune in. There were some laughs in the first season.

RatskyWatsky said:
I wasn't a very big fan of the first season --the comedy isn't really my style-- but I suppose I'll tune in. There were some laughs in the first season.
Yeah, a couple. If i rember correctly.

mcawesome

Neo Member
I can't wait S1 was great. I'm surprised this show has not gotten more attention. I am willing to bet more people will catch on this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom